rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Blue feather
Jones Training Squad
Blue feather (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:02
No Moon, LCD, Armand, Ewers, Kvesic or Woodburn - Thank you Eddie.

andy15
Re: Jones Training Squad
andy15 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:15
Jones on top form he picked Haskell!!!!!!!

Peter Ord
OAP (Over a pint) (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:39
Moon is not even close and if he was to choose a loose head from Chiefs it would Alex H

LCD will be picked at some point

Armand doesn't seem to fit for some peculiar reason known best only to Jones

Ewers has some way to go before he reaches his pre-injury form and fitness but it will be here soon enough

Kvesic, whilst playing well for a couple of games will probably have to wait until the next coach arrives

As for Woodburn, I'm not even sure he's on the radar at the minute

If Manu fails to impress, not that I've ever been a fan, I can see Sam Hill breaking into the setup because he has come back really looking the part

Chudley is another who has an outside chance of being third choice but the two incumbents will take some shifting

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:43
So frustrating when the likes of LCD, Armand, Hepburn etc... are overlooked, especially when Haskell is included ! I thought his main target was building for the World Cup, if so, why persevere with players who aren't likely to be the top players in 2019 !

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:56
As Jones has already stated the majority of his world cup squad is already pencilled in.

LCD, Hepburn and Ewers will have to wait for a new coach to get their chance.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:38
On current form I think LCD is the form hooker in the Premiership, he played Hartley off the park last weekend. But leadership seems to count more than form!

Peter Ord
29 December, 2017 16:42
Unless Jones has a prop who can play both sides he is likely to take nine front row forwards, nine back five forwards and twelve backs with the probability that three will be scrum halves. I think LCD and Chudley have an outside chance of visiting Japan. Williams, Simmons and Nowell will be on the plane and Slade has a reasonable chance as a utility back.It could be six Chiefs in the squad, now wouldn't that be something?

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:52
Monday training camp straight after a Sunday match is not ideal for the players -may have a bearing over who has been selected for this camp?

Certainly quite good from a Chiefs pov, even if it is farcical that Haskell and Graham are getting called up ahead of a number of other players, not just at Exeter.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:10
I have a sneaky suspicion that Jack Maunder will figure in Eddie Jones plans. Chiefs are certainly (rightly) protecting him at the moment and won't play him until he is 100% fit.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:36
Oh my! All of those players mentioned are quality and on an individual basis may or may not be worthy of a chance. But let's imagine a situation where 10 or more Chiefs were sidelined by England. You'd all be whinging that Eddie was ruining the clubs' chances!
Exeter first for me, I'm happy for the guys that get their chance but more happy that we keep the guys here. England is a distraction from the real business.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:46
Good point well made GJ, especially given the number of injuries that occur at England training camps !

Peter Ord
30 December, 2017 08:12
Whether you like it or not ask the players if their ambition steps with Chiefs Orr England and I would be amazed if a single player chose Chiefs. If the ten players played for England under the present system we'd still finish top four and probably win the playoffs.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:51
I have no issues with the players ambitions. Their careers are short and they are entitled to squeeze everything out them.
I support Exeter, not any individual or particularly England.
My point is that some of those bemoaning the fact that more Chiefs aren't in the training camp would likely be complaining if we had a dip in the season due to such disruption.

Blue feather
Blue feather (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:06
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
I have no issues with the players ambitions. Their careers are short and they are entitled to squeeze everything out them.
I support Exeter, not any individual or particularly England.
My point is that some of those bemoaning the fact that more Chiefs aren't in the training camp would likely be complaining if we had a dip in the season due to such disruption.
I don't think O would be complaining 'cause Chiefs have such strength in depth that they'd still march on

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:54
Nit sure who or what O is but let's say 8 or more players were called on and there were a further 8 unavailable through injury including say a couple of back rowers or scrum halves.
Really? That wouldn't have an impact? And I've been accused of wearing rose tinted glasses.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:01
Players ploughing all their emotional energy into England can have an impacted when they come back as to how much they have left to give to their club.

But if we want to beat Leinster we need players exposed to the big elite games

chiefs-fan85
Weegie Chief (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 20:48
I see today Jack and Harry have not gone to the camp due to injuries. Harry with concussion and Jack with an ankle injury. Hopefully nothing too serious.

SimonH38
SimonH38 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 21:20
On training squad announcement, LCD has to be THE omission, but I'm sure he will feature putting pressure on Dylan Hartley, when the 6N squad is announced.

EJ does exaggerate youth and I include Maunder, Underhil, and Smith in that. They are good players but there is better the Premiership who will win the next RWC for England, whereas its too soon for them.

It's a long time since Manu terrorised an overrated NZ midfield and continued off-field immaturity makes him easy to ignore. The game may have passed him by?

Exeter players who could feature in what's becoming a crowded England setup. Premiership performances are great but international is another step up.

- Nowell, Slade, LCD obviously - proven international class
- Ewers, Sam Hill - on form have real potential to step up.
- Maybes: Sam Simmonds, Williams, Hepburn, Kvesic - can they addd to a couple of caps?
- No: Moon, Yendle, Chudley, Woodburn, Short. All good premiership players.
- Unknown: Bodily (where is he after some great performances?), Devoto.
Otherwise:

I'm not convinced by Either Chudley or White. We should have signed a 9 of real substance to help being on Maunder and Townsend. I would have targeted Joe Simpson at Wasps - class act who has a nasty habit of scoring good tries against us!

myra briard
exeter supporter (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 23:23
Max Bodilly is injured and, I believe, has had an operation.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 09:33
Good to see Slade have a mature proformance in front of Eddie, sometimes he seems to lose his head as soon as he is being watch

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net