rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs do the double over Montpelier ....next up it's away to Glasgow .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Chiefs 30 Tigers 6
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 17:23
Happy New Year!

I for one wish 2017 could keep on going but to go into the New Year with a WBP win and to score a WBP in every home game this season is exceptiona! I might just celebrate the New Year in style!

Wish I could have been there!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Chiefs 30 Tigers 6
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:08
Agreed Lowerwatha. I was there and it seems we reversed our usual form - we started slowly and got stronger as the match went on. TBH I couldn't see a try bonus win appearing at half time but the Chiefs know how to dig in and grind it out!

smileys with beer

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:50
Thought Tigers were favourites at half time, given the conditions. Tigers starting pack was weak, and their bench offered nothing. The converse was true for Chiefs, who really turned the screw in the second half, which was the winning of the game
Baxter's use of the bench was fantastic -real impact.

Was concerned with our game management first half -really should have been taking the 3 pts given the conditions, as even if they were missed, we would have been receiving the ball well inside Tigers half from the restart.

Got away with it by a wonderful second half display. To secure the TBP at the death was the icing on the cake. We couldn't have made life harder for ourselves after the first 40.

Very impressed with Hill and Slade in midfield, plus of course the forwards were very good to a man.

Hope Yenz can sort his throwing out in 2018, because he does so much good stuff elsewhere, it really frustrates to see the ball sail over the jumpers head time after time, when the pressure comes on.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:57
2 minutes after half time it was 6 - 6 and Tigers were with the wind and we were struggling to get out of our half ....I thought we were going to lose if I'm honest....shame on me !
Who would have thought the loss of Geoff Parling would have meant Skinner and Hill would become so immense ?
Remember the days when try as hard as we could 3 tries was as dominant as we got...and then never against the big teams...now we are disappointed if we don't get 5 points against everyone ....
And yes Don Armand should be in the England squad, he is like Whitten may not necessarily be the genius in his position but is consistently sound in various positions and makes everyone else looks brilliant - crucial in a team game.
HNY
Safe journey home tigers !

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:09
At 6-6 at the start of the second half with Tigers under our posts I thought we were dead and buried. A great turnover instituted by Don Armand lead to a length of the pitch move finished by who else, Don Armand with Dave Ewers providing the ballast, turning point of the game for me. Henry’s Try was a little fortuitous but he showed a real turn of pace to score.
After that’s the was all Chiefs, Jonny Hills Try came from a a great passage of play. A TBP looked unlikely but great go forward and pressure gave us two penalties and once we got into their 22 it looked inevitable! We out Tigered the Tigers of Old!

Great effort Chiefs, well done all!

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:13
A bit more like the old Dave Ewers great to see, and Jack getting nearer to par. Hope LCD is ok. A real luxury to be able to bring Players like Lees and Francis off the bench

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:58
Just re-watched the recording, and Hill and Skinner were fantastic in the second row.
Silly off feet penalty early in the second half, but otherwise a brilliant 80 min display from the pair of them.

So young too. Great prospects.

Axe Chief
Axe Chief (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 23:07
Yes, the two young locks are progressing brilliantly. Hill's all round play is coming on impressively. Just needs to cut out the odd really silly penalty. Skinner's improvement is likewise, except he offers more flexible uses and great handling. It will be a shame if the injury he picked up puts him out for long.
I wonder what the mysterious Mr Jones thought about them?

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 11:56
To start with it looked as though Leicester were going to try and do a Leinster on us...and in the first half they smothered us relatively well, it helped that their @#$%& was on form. Second half...they just couldn't hold us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net