rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
great first half falcons
fatheralice (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:43
Really impressive first half from Falcons. Great intensity. Got a little lucky with the Fwd pass for the Sinoti try, but a beautiful finish.

Baxter needs to do his half time magic, as we are way off the pace at the moment.

gassyrucker
Re: great first half falcons
gassyrucker (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:48
Come on Chiefs!

Too much Newcie Brown... or not enough?

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:54
Falcons probably can't play much better and doubt we can play worse than that so Falcons deservedly well in front although we did gift them two tries.
We certainly look like a team that have ten missing players from our starting line up last game and at least couple of players have had absolutely shocking first halves.
The scoreline flatters Falcons but there have been times recently where it has flattered us so swings and roundabouts

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:14
ANOTHER BIG OVERTHROW IN FALCONS 22!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:48
Oh dear, not even a losing bonus point.

Quote:
Zyder head
Falcons probably can't play much better and doubt we can play worse

(Sm22)

Chiefsexile
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:50
I see that one as valuable game time for some of the squad players which will pay off later in the season. Small margins there in most of that even if it looked bad on the score board.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:56
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Zyder head

(Sm22)

Ballsout I doubt you will read this as you normally stir the pot then disappear off but I will always have a permanent smile on my face after we won the Premiership last year which is far more than your beloved Bath have achieved in a while.......
More to the point you are laughing at a result that doesn't help Bath,that is funny AND you have yet to play at Falcons. Lol.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:02
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Zyder head

(Sm22)

Ballsout I doubt you will read this as you normally stir the pot then disappear off but I will always have a permanent smile on my face after we won the Premiership last year which is far more than your beloved Bath have achieved in a while.......
More to the point you are laughing at a result that doesn't help Bath,that is funny AND you have yet to play at Falcons. Lol.

I must have learned from all the smug Chiefs fans coming on the Bath board and rubbing our faces in a loss in recent times. Speaking of being up your own ar5e, the quote about how Newcastle played at their peak, and your lot at their worst... have a word with yourself. I understand winning things is new for Exeter, but try and win with class, lose with class.

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:08
Replacing 10 players and expecting a win is a big ask.Throwing into the lineout in the oppo's 22 again let us down.Game was won in first half but chiefs played well 2nd half.Toby Salmon played well when he came on.Still top so on wards and upwards.

Ignore ballsup they dont even like him on the Bath board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 17:15 by Boldeagle.

Chiefsexile
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:13
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Zyder head

(Sm22)

Without the advantages of 'shamateurism', Bath look like just what they are which is a small town team playing on a local park run by people that would much rather those sporty types weren't there. While your concern is appreciated, your neck needs to be wound in by several notches.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 17:14 by Chiefsexile.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:14
Played Falcons. Great effort today. Sinoti was ridiculous, although I would have given motm to Wilson who was brilliant. My only thought is they showed a bit of a lack of ambition at the death, when they could have gone for the 4th try with that final penalty. I'd have backed them to get it from the lineout.
If they make top 4 and beat us in the play offs, then fair enough, but the point they gave up there could be costly in a tight mid table.

Chiefs not quite on their game - tough away trip after the Xmas break. A few to many player having a poor game. Half time came 5 mins too late. Much better second half, but we left ourselves too much to do.
Think we might regret trying to play when penalty and then knock-on advantages were offered on half way, and later in their 22. Wasted time, and ref was quick to blow on both occasions.

Lots to be disappointed by in that performance, but I think it will probably do us some good in the bigger picture.

Falcons deserved the win. They were far more physical throughout, and took the chances well. Club going in the right direction.

HUGHVILLE
HUGHVILLE (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:15
Undone by our determination to win next week in the cup seems to have been our failure when we put out 10 changes from last week. I had a funny feeling about this one, a mid season blip??. But we are still 5 pts ahead of Sarries and 11 pts ahead of Wasps. A fight back in the second half was encouraging, but to give away a penalty in the 87th minute to loose a bonus pt shows a lapse in disciplin. I hope that the changes in selection today does not come back to bite us next week. But this result will do us no harm if we take positives from it.We can relax from the premiership now for 3 weeks

Chiefsexile
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:16
Quote:
fatheralice
Played Falcons. Great effort today. Sinoti was ridiculous, although I would have given motm to Wilson who was brilliant. My only thought is they showed a bit of a lack of ambition at the death, when they could have gone for the 4th try with that final penalty. I'd have backed them to get it from the lineout.
If they make top 4 and beat us in the play offs, then fair enough, but the point they gave up there could be costly in a tight mid table.

Chiefs not quite on their game - tough away trip after the Xmas break. A few to many player having a poor game. Half time came 5 mins too late. Much better second half, but we left ourselves too much to do.
Think we might regret trying to play when penalty and then knock-on advantages were offered on half way, and later in their 22. Wasted time, and ref was quick to blow on both occasions.

Lots to be disappointed by in that performance, but I think it will probably do us some good in the bigger picture.

Falcons deserved the win. They were far more physical throughout, and took the chances well. Club going in the right direction.

I enjoyed watching them but, and I was willing them on to play positive for the TBP rather than simply deprive us of the LBP.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:19
Quote:
fatheralice
Played Falcons. Great effort today. ........

Club going in the right direction.

Surely the first thing is Ex making the play offs?

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:41
Quote:
HUGHVILLE
Undone by our determination to win next week in the cup seems to have been our failure when we put out 10 changes from last week. I had a funny feeling about this one, a mid season blip??. But we are still 5 pts ahead of Sarries and 11 pts ahead of Wasps. A fight back in the second half was encouraging, but to give away a penalty in the 87th minute to loose a bonus pt shows a lapse in disciplin.[b][/b] I hope that the changes in selection today does not come back to bite us next week. But this result will do us no harm if we take positives from it.We can relax from the premiership now for 3 weeks

Falcons had free reign to contest the breakdown at that point and went hard at the ball. It would have been easy to kick the ball clear and take the LBP, but I have no problem with us trying to run it back up field and look for the win. Good work from Falcons at that point, rather than anything we have really done wrong imo.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:53
Quote:
Boldeagle
Replacing 10 players and expecting a win is a big ask.

But, but, we keep hearing over and over (and over) that Exeter have an incredible squad depth. Replace 10 players and there's no step down to the next 10 I thought?

Quote:
fatheralice
If they make top 4 and beat us in the play offs

Don't you mean "if they make top 4, and we also make top 4" ?

Quote:
Chiefsexile
I enjoyed watching them but, and I was willing them on to play positive for the TBP rather than simply deprive us of the LBP.

Guaranteed deprieving Exeter of any points whatsoever, easy decision to make.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 17:54 by ballsout.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:58
Looks like Baxter thinks he has his hands on the trophy.

Change 10 players?

That's what happens when you don't pay the opposition enough respect.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:18
Quote:
Boldangrey
Looks like Baxter thinks he has his hands on the trophy.
Change 10 players?

That's what happens when you don't pay the opposition enough respect.

or maybe he knew motivation could be an issue for this game - maybe the toughest game to play after the Xmas break, so tried to freshen things up?

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:31
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Zyder head

(Sm22)

More to the point you are laughing at a result that doesn't help Bath,that is funny AND you have yet to play at
Falcons. Lol.

I must have learned from all the smug Chiefs fans
coming on the Bath board and rubbing our faces in a loss in recent times. Speaking of being up your own ar5e, the quote about how Newcastle played at their peak, and your lot at their worst... have a word with yourself. I understand winning things is new for Exeter, but try and win with class, lose with class.

That last sentence is pure quality coming from you with your previous Ballsout..... lol

Now ignoring the troll in the room I genuinely believe we don't have to worry too much.
Falcons are a tough nut to crack at their place and took every opportunity to score that they had,which wasn't many was it given our stats.
They can score tries from anywhere and they scored two in this game but defence was what really won Falcons the game and our lack of creativity and being clinical in their 22.
All those changes was bound to make a lack of cohesion unfortunately but with two tough games in the next couple of weeks something had to give.
It happens,put it to bed,work on the tackling in the week and move on to next week with some valuable game time in the bank from players that haven't played too much recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 18:33 by Zyder head.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:33
I would of preferred to rest players for the next 2 weeks.

I would like to dominate the Prem over a few seasons before we have a go at Europe.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net