rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs do the double over Montpelier ....next up it's away to Glasgow .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Salvi
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:26
I hear that Salvi is looking for pastures new. Apparently Chiefs want him to take on more of a coaching role but Salvi still thinks he has more to give on the pitch so is weighing up his options.

Pinch of salt required I guess.. [www.bristolpost.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Re: Salvi
fatheralice (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:35
Was in TRP last week.

If Salvi can get a decent long term deal elsewhere, I wouldn't begrudge him moving on.
Not sure his body is up to playing back to back games anymore over a long season, so understand why the club might want him to move more to a coaching role.
He is still outstanding when he does play, so would be a shame to miss out on his expertise, but these are the tough choices that need to be made when balancing a squad.

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:26
Salvi is special as is Kvesic. Take your pick.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:39
Quote:
Currychief

Kvesic is nearly 7 years younger. I guess Baxter has, if the rumour is true!

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:45
Quote:
Currychief

Father Alice. No disrespect to Savi, who I would be delighted to see push forward for Exe this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 08:55 by Currychief.

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:45
Quote:
Currychief

Father Alice. No disrespect to Savi, who I would be delighted to see push forward for Exe this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 08:56 by Currychief.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 08:06
Think we still need both until some more youngsters come through but as Dave Dennis returns and Toby Salmon cones on then the back 5 of the pack will thicken out

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:36
Chiefs can't guarantee game time, which is what Salvi wants.

I am surprised as a step into coaching surely would extend his career in rugby when his playing days are over

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net