rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

ChiefChopper
Re: Rumours/ signings 2018
RedExe (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 23:32
Player news for Thursday 25th. Interestingly, looking at the Chiefs twitter page, they have started following Duncan Weir, Edinburgh and Scotland fly-half!!

MESSAGES->author
black_otter (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 08:16
Sam Hill and James Short sign on again, both till 2020

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 12:27
According to Fissler, Chiefs are interested in signing Mike Haley, the Sale fullback. Could be a replacement for Lachie Turner who is out of contract at the end of the season.
Will Chudley has signed for Bath and Santiago Cordero is on the way subject to a visa coming through.
Tank is looking for a club in Japan and Dave Ewers is close to agreeing a new deal!

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:22
Does it suggest how long Cordero might be with us? It sounds like Haley could be the long term option.

Haley is a good player from what I have seen but according to Sale fans is inconsistent, which is why he hasn’t managed to get closer to the England squad. I actually think he is a similar player to Max Bodilly.

Footy Chief
Footy Chief (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:52
New signing announced today at 2pm.

Like the thought of Haley, remember him being almost untouchable at 15 in the Saxons game when Hepburn and Armond made debuts away in South Africa

Will likely be Cordero today I’m guessing

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:34
Quote:
Footy Chief
New signing announced today at 2pm.
Like the thought of Haley, remember him being almost untouchable at 15 in the Saxons game when Hepburn and Armond made debuts away in South Africa

Will likely be Cordero today I’m guessing

Haley signs for Munster today!

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:23
Shame. But let’s hope we can keep hold of Cordero..

Comanche Chief
Comanche Chief (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 07:16
Two more players re-sign.
New Deals

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:55
Anyone else thinknit would be good to go for Cips. Real strengthener?

G-force
Running Bear (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:33
In the announcement above regarding Ewers and Bodilly re-signing, Baxter talks about having the right people in the club. Cipriani, while being at times brilliant, is not the right person to fit in to the ethos of the club.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:45
Quote:
Running Bear
In the announcement above regarding Ewers and Bodilly re-signing, Baxter talks about having the right people in the club. Cipriani, while being at times brilliant, is not the right person to fit in to the ethos of the club.

Completely agree Running Bear. Ciprisni was harranging the referee in our recent game with Wasps.

I wonder if we might see Slade play 10 again next season with Campo coming in to midfield

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:54
Quote:
Master Chief
Quote:
Running Bear

Completely agree Running Bear. Ciprisni was harranging the referee in our recent game with Wasps.

I wonder if we might see Slade play 10 again next season with Campo coming in to midfield
+1
Whilst he's an assess most of the time, Cips always appears to be in it for himself. Not the team player Rob looks for IMHO.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 16:35
There's a Youtube vid of a Q&A session with RB where somebody suggests Cips as a possible Exe player and Rob actually lets out an involuntary chuckle at the idea.

SimonH38
SimonH38 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 21:48
Half-backs are the issue to focus on?

As Slade understandably wants to focus on 13 there is no doubt we need to strengthen at 10 when Simmonds is still learning. Weir is a hard-case and certainly closes the 10 channel!

Im not sure at 9 either. White does not do it for me, looking vunerable when kicking, Townsend seems solid, and when does Jack Maunder play for the first team? There is a big step from U20 to Premiership first team. If it were me (its not) I'd be attempting to get Joe Simpson from Wasps who is superb and barely plays for the 1st team currently when not rudely scoring great tries against us!

At 15 Mallinder is an interesting thought, but I like Bodily who had some good games when he gets the opportunity. Dollman is not quite back to himself yet?

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:27
I would play Slade at fullback

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:22
Maunder I am sure would be playing 1st team now, but his season has been totally disrupted with injuries, a knee operation will keep him out for the remainder of the season but will be 100% for next season.

MESSAGES->author
Brave new world (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 08:49
Not sure what will happen to the London Irish squad should they go down. But I have enjoyed watch the 6/7 Botha play. Great attitude and work rate. Would be a good addition to the squad.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 12:13
I think our 9 ‘s are fine with two further good academy lads progressing. Simmonds I feel will be one of the best 10’s in the league going forward he has every skill set needed and Slade will be a centre not a 10 in my view but could play there at a push. Having versatile players is a real bonus. Steeno will still be around for another couple of years and is mr reliable.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 13:42
He’s caught my eye too, looks a real pain in the proverbial to play against... wherever he ends up .. they’ll be lucky to have him.

MESSAGES->author
Black Hawk (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 19:50
Ruck is suggesting Alex Cuthbert could be joining the Chiefs for next season. A really good signing if it goes ahead.

[www.ruck.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net