rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs book final place by defeating Falcons....next up it's Sarries in the Final at Twickenham.. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Zyder head
Re: Rumours/ signings 2018
Zyder head (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 22:23
Quote:
Black Hawk
Ruck is suggesting Alex Cuthbert could be joining the Chiefs for next season. A really good signing if it goes ahead.

[www.ruck.co.uk]

Hmmmmm.......
He wouldn't be top of the list of my preferred signings. Have watched him a few times at the Blues and not been impressed with his attitude on the pitch BUT Rob and Co are better judges than I so would certainly give him the benefit of any doubt should he sign for us.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 23:26
I canít see this rumour being true..

Firstly, Iím not sure we need him, we have Nowell, Woodburn, Short and OíFlaherty on the wing. He would be competing directly with Nowell for the right wing birth! We have been looking for a full back which if Cordero signs on will be covered. If he doesnít sign on then Iím not sure how signing Cuthbert would alleviate that.. I canít see Nowell moving to full back permanently now.

Secondly, given we are losing a lot of experience this summer it would seem most sensible to find a top quality replacement for Waldrom. Packs win you games! Iím not sure we can afford signing more than one top quality player this summer, especially if we keep Cordero, which I sincerely hope we do. Im sure other Prem clubs, such as Bath, can outbid us anyway.

Lastly, do we think he is the right fit for the ethos that we have at the club..

If I had a wish list for this summer it would be to sign Ben Morgan to replace Waldrom, moving Dennis to play lock permanently, and signing Cordero beyond the summer to play full back and keeping Campo (really hoping we can stay fit and slot in at 13 where he is one of the best in the world) and keeping Salvi. With the young talent coming through Iím not sure we need much more than that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2018 23:31 by Master Chief.

ChiefinGlos
ChiefinGlos (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 11:13
Rugbyinsideline reporting that Chudders has definitely signed for Bath now.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:41
Yep, Bath have confirmed it.. Right before we play them at the weekend too.. How nice of them..

[www.planetrugby.com]

CullyChief
CullyChief (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 14:06
Itís on our offy too TAH. You would think there would be communication between the clubs about putting the information out no?

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 14:12
I would imagine so, Just amused at the timing of the announcement though.... A few days before we play Bath..

CullyChief
CullyChief (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 19:50
Iíve just been reading the rumours/signings thread on Shedweb and the Glaws fans all seem to be talking about getting Santiago Cordero. Anyone know if they have anything solid to base this on? They are announcing a new signing tomorrow morning by the way.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 20:13
Would not like seeing Cordero playing for another premiership club.

CullyChief
CullyChief (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 20:31
Me neither mommentum. Iíve been very impressed with what weíve seen of him, looks a very good player indeed. Letís just hope that the deal Chiefs have given him til the end of the season puts us in pole position to get him on a proper contract before anyone else. Youíd think it would wouldnít you?

MESSAGES->author
minuteman (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 21:03
Quote:
CullyChief
Iíve just been reading the rumours/signings thread on Shedweb and the Glaws fans all seem to be talking about getting Santiago Cordero. Anyone know if they have anything solid to base this on? They are announcing a new signing tomorrow morning by the way.
They also seem to think Danny Cipriani and James Haskell... its being announced tomorrow.. iíd be surprised to see Santiago move on

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 21:13
I would be happy to see Chris Robshaw come to us

MESSAGES->author
minuteman (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 21:22
All things aside.. RB and co have done amazing business and which ever player joins us .. is joining a winning team .. but Robshaw !! Canít ever see him playing for anyone other than Quins

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 06:34
Completely agree with you on Cuthbert, don't see the need or fit.
Morgan is an interesting one. If all the rumors last year were true we were close to signing then he didn't want to come. What makes this a better move this year including having to buy him out of contract this time. Think he had his go & blew it.

Hill Barton Brave
Hill Barton Brave (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 09:03
Plenty of comments from the players on Twitter saying Chudders will be missed. I sense he really will be around the club as well as on the pitch. But what to do when we have such competition vying for the 9 shirt!?

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 12:12
Chudders will be missed, he's a really top guy but when Maunder is fit, I'm of the opinion Chudley would be the no 3 scrum half behind White and Maunder, this may explain his decision to leave.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 18:48
I know this is going to be seen as starting rumors but if Exe are looking for Wingers, I can think of a better option than Cuthbert.

Joe Cokanasiga is according to Bath site is a done deal for them, And apparently Roko considing his options..

Would rather not as if he is in the England team his availability will be effected, And with Nowell already in the England side thats two wingers down.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 08:12
Cuthbert signed a 2 year deal according to trp.

Has the physical attributes, but has been poor for some time. Definitely in the room for improvement category.
If any team can get the best out of him, it may well be Exeter.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:17
According to TRP the signing of Cuthbert could mean Jack moving to centre or fullback which would probably suit Eddie Jones.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:40
Hope this doesnít mean Turner leaving !

AndyMGlos
Lebowski (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:54
Quote:
minuteman
Quote:
CullyChief
They also seem to think Danny Cipriani and James Haskell... its being announced tomorrow.. iíd be surprised to see Santiago move on

Thatís not accurate at all. One or two fantasists hoped we had signed Cipriani but I donít think anybody seriously believed it. The announced signing, Franco Marais, had been strongly rumoured for months.

All Gloucesterís business for next season has been done for months although they may not be announced for some time for whatever reasons. That has come directly from the CEO.

The timing of Chudley being announced is interesting! At a recent fansí focus group the Glos CEO said we had wanted to announce a signing a few weeks ago but the playerís current club asked if we would hold off as they had a couple of key games coming up, so we didnít announce it. Normally protocol is that announcements are only made with the agreement of the current club so I wonder if Exeter didnít mind or Bath just didnít ask??.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net