rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

MESSAGES->author
Re: Rumours/ signings 2018
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 14:41
Quote:
Lebowski
The timing of Chudley being announced is interesting! At a recent fansí focus group the Glos CEO said we had wanted to announce a signing a few weeks ago but the playerís current club asked if we would hold off as they had a couple of key games coming up, so we didnít announce it. Normally protocol is that announcements are only made with the agreement of the current club so I wonder if Exeter didnít mind or Bath just didnít ask??.

I expect Bath would be at liberty to announce it whenever they see fit, I expect its a seen as a courtesy for the clubs to agree on a date and time for the purpose of press releases and social media updates and etc. But other than that I don't see why they would be obliged to agree to anything formal.

As I said I thought the timing is interesting, But only really looking at it from a fans perspective only, The players are professionals and they won't let something like this bother them, Its part of the job really and I would expect most of the players knew he was leaving anyway so I don't think Exeter where really to bothered to be honest.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 15:19
Quote:
Lowerwatha
According to TRP the signing of Cuthbert could mean Jack moving to centre or fullback which would probably suit Eddie Jones.

Hope that it doesnít mean that we arenít re-signing one or both of Cordero or Campo. However, I fear it might. We havenít seen the best of them yet. Both are undoubtedly world class players.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 17:02
Chudley was very unlikely to play in the league game away to Bath I would have thought, so no real issue when he was announced. If Bath went off script in the hope that it would cause a distraction, then it didn't work!
Imagine he will play in the AW Cup, but that is more of a one off game which has no bearing on things really.

Would be a shame to lose Campo and or Cordero, we've not seen the best of either player yet, but not sure why either would need to leave just because Cuthbert has come in.

CloudStrife
CloudStrife (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 18:20
Any of you lads heard the rumour Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding will be joining you if found not guilty?

Rumour in Irish Rugby circles it seems.

Comanche Chief
Comanche Chief (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 12:53
Quote:
CloudStrife
Any of you lads heard the rumour Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding will be joining you if found not guilty?
Rumour in Irish Rugby circles it seems.

Well they have been found not guilty.
I would say it will stay just a rumour.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 15:41
Disappointing if true rumour Turner not offered new contract (rugby inside line). One of our standout players this season and gets better and better.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 18:16
Quote:
andy15
Disappointing if true rumour Turner not offered new contract (rugby inside line). One of our standout players this season and gets better and better.

+1

Super reliable at full back, good wing option, great kicking, tough tough tackler,
I'll be sorry to see him heading home.

Heavitree Chief
ExeterFan (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 21:04
Wasn't there talk a few weeks ago that he had chosen to go home? If so, of course we wouldn't offer a contract. RIL just trying to drum up a story where there isn't one...

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 12:43
In an interview recently Rob suggested there might be one or two new names and some re-signings to announce.

Who is left to commit/ be offered a contract?

Santiago Cordero
Lachie Turner
Michele Campagnaro
Wilhelm van der Sluys
Julian Salvi

Any others?

It is rumoured that Turner is off. I personally really hope we can keep the rest. Cordero and Campo are world class and I would hate to seem them go to another Prem club, and with Waldrom going we need Salviís experience. Van der Sluys has shown up well in recent games since his injury and we do need a top quality lock to compete with Skinner and Hill IMHO. So if not Sluys then I think we need to make a top signing.

ChiefinGlos
ChiefinGlos (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 09:07
Rumour is that cordero is staying fit another year with an option to extend. Someone we are being linked with (rugby pod) is Harry Mallinder. Could be interesting, especially given his performance against us at SP.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 17:41
Quote:
ChiefinGlos
Rumour is that cordero is staying fit another year with an option to extend. Someone we are being linked with (rugby pod) is Harry Mallinder. Could be interesting, especially given his performance against us at SP.

Has real potential but donít see where he would fit in.. 15 we have Cordero, Dollman and Bodilly, 12 we have Whitten, Hill, Devoto and Hendrickson and 10 Simmonds and Steenson. If at 10 heís the wrong age as he would block the progress of Simmonds. Not going to happen IMHO.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 17:52
I'd see him as a Fb if he came, with ability to cover elsewhere at a push.
He'd start at 15 ahead of any of those you'd mentioned imho, although I feel bodilly just needs a run of games to nail down his spot in the squad, position tbc.
Cordero looks more of a winger as unsurprisingly given his height, he is not the best under a high ball.

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 11:16
With Cuthbert & if Cordero stays joining you have to throw Jack into the 15 equation, don't think he will play 13 ahead of Henry. Can't see where we need an expensive signing that has also been flaky on occasion.

chiefs-fan85
Weegie Chief (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 11:10
Mentioned in the Telegraph today in an interview with Turner...
"Alongside Turner in the back three for Exeter was Argentina international winger Santiago Cordero, who the Chiefs will confirm this week has signed a new one-year contract with the club."

Good news.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 16:43
Weegie Chief

Good News indeed

"Get on Exe"

MESSAGES->author
Little Plums (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 07:02
I was at the end of season dinner last night and Rob did a speech and thanked the leavers; Lachie was confirmed as going, but Cordero was not mentioned. By extension I hope we can conclude he is staying.

The Chiefs put a smile on your face.
Martin Christopher Bayfield - April 2012

The thing with Ex is that, to a no-frills outsider like me, they do @#$%& properly. Good people treating good people well. Good ruddy stuff.

David Luke Flatman - May 2016

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 07:42
Who were the leavers?

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 07:53
Kai, Will, Thomas, Shaun, Lachie, Ed Holmes and Harrison Cully. That's all.

chiefs-fan85
Weegie Chief (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 11:16
Presumably no mention of Campagnaro?

MESSAGES->author
Little Plums (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:36
Michael? (sic)

No, he wasnít mentioned and was on the adjacent table to me.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net