rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Little Minnie
Thomas Waldrom
Little Minnie (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:33
Club has confirmed that Tank is off back home at the end of the season. Whilst I am so sad to see such a brilliant player leave us I really wish him all the very best. He has made an amazing impact for the Chiefs and leaves behind a great legacy made in a short space of time. You can see how he has influenced players and regularly shares his rugby-nouse whilst on the pitch. Thank you Thomas - toot-toot!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 22:44 by Moorsman.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Thomas Waldrom
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:59
A brilliant signing for the Chiefs who has proved his worth many times over. Fifty tries for the club over three seasons is an incredible achievement for a No.8.
A great bloke whose enthusiasm for the game is evident and whose presence here has encouraged other players to come to Exeter!
Good luck and best wishes Tank!

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:00
Ditto the above.

He leaves owing us nothing......Thank you Thomas, a Chiefs legend in a short time.

Footy Chief
Footy Chief (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:15
Joins Dean Mumm, Jason Shoemark and Sereli Naqlevuki as departed Exeter Chiefs legends. Deserves a statue after his Prem final heroics last season, maybe some kind of honours board would be more sensible

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 11:16 by Footy Chief.

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:58
What a signing, what a man. Thanks for what you've given us Thomas and all the best for the future. (Sm138)(Sm152)

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 13:12
Top man lets hope he gets 8 more games to make his 100 caps and a few more tries...ideally the winner in the prem final !!

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 13:52
Top Signing
Top Player
Top Man

Thank you Thomas and good luck for the future.

Chiefsexile
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 18:33
Quote:
Footy Chief
Joins Dean Mumm, Jason Shoemark and Sereli Naqlevuki as departed Exeter Chiefs legends. Deserves a statue after his Prem final heroics last season, maybe some kind of honours board would be more sensible

For those that remember back that far, perhaps reviving the idea of an honours totem pole at the club entrance? Carved cartoon heads of legends.

MESSAGES->author
04 February, 2018 18:36
I agree with all of the above.

Thank you very much Thomas.

thumbs down

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:46
I've made this thread 'sticky' and will try to collate messages in a card for Thomas and get it to him as season ends

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 00:23
Fantastic player, hugely influential for you guys and a credit to the game.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 06:18
What a good Buhy you have been for us all at Exe.

I recall meeting two Leicester fans at a World Cup Match who were as sad as I am now when your time with them had finished.

Thank You so very very much.... You really do deserve a biscuit.

"Get on Exe"

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:07
I'm sorry Thomas won't be staying with us for another year at least. I hope the other back rowers are tapping into his knowledge and experience while he is with us. I think he has been a star signing for us, and I hope he's enjoyed his time down in Devon. The number of tries he has scored has been quite astonishing and I'm sure his poacher's instinct will not be easily replaced. As others have said, he will take a more than honourable place in our (currently virtual?) hall of fame.

Thanks, Thomas, and the very best of luck for the future.

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:21
Come the end of season, I wish you all the good luck you and your family deserve. You've show amazing dedication and commitment to The Chiefs and have clearly enjoyed the freedom you've had to play your own game. Until then, there's silverware to win! If you must go, let it be in a blaze of glory.

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 00:05
We owe him a great debt

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 07:25
If Thomas and his family have enjoyed their time in Exeter as much as we've enjoyed him being here then it's been good all round. He'll certainly be leaving the jersey and the Club in a better place. Hopefully we'll have the chance to express our appreciation and affection for him properly by cheering him off the pitch. #toottoot

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 09:17
Quote:
paulg_chief
Hopefully we'll have the chance to express our appreciation and affection for him properly by cheering him off the pitch. #toottoot

It would be very fitting if it was on 26th May at Twickenham.

MESSAGES->author
Loud Fingers (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:33
Great player for us.... I've enjoyed the thrill of watching him bursting through tackles and charging up the field scattering defenders. Very best for the future

Chief Milbury Farm
Two Moons (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:52
A really lovely man and I feel our most influential player during his three full seasons with us. I've often wondered if with Thomas' experience we'd have won the 15/16 final at HQ.

I think time has come for Thomas & Emma to return home and enjoy bringing up their boys in "the land of the long white cloud", and to spend time with their own parents.

A big thank you for your contribution and good luck for the future.

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 07:32
Thomas your influence has been felt well beyond the touch & try lines. Thanks for everything you have brought to the club. Hope the rest of your life is as successful as your time in Devon..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net