rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs book final place by defeating Falcons....next up it's Sarries in the Final at Twickenham.. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Chiefs 5 Wuss 6
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 15:55
Sounds like we slipped on the potential banana skin!

Chiefs
Re: Chiefs 5 Wuss 6
Chiefs (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:21
So much for rèsting your players, they showed us different.

Well done Wuss.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:30
In previous seasons we have had a dip at the start or in the middle of the season ...we may need to get used to dips with our internationals away !

We definitely lack creativity without Slade outside Steeno....too much for one man at 10

Today

1 referee appalling....for both teams
2 Chiefs did not gel....when legends like Armand have a quiet game..something is up
3 Most importantly fair play to Wuss for great defence and battling to a win....had we won 7 6 I would have been delighted but it would have been robbery.

Let's hope England play better.......

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:42
Played Worcester. Very much deserved the win.(Sm152)

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 17:31
Very well played Worcester.
Stopped us at source and we looked very ordinary at times.
One positive note, some of our last line defence was very good ,we should have shipped at least a couple of tries.
I think that was the only positive from the game.
Historically we have struggled after a break and it was no different today.
Sir was shocking and looked out of his depth to be honest although he wasn't the reason for us to put in such a shocking performance.
Worcester deserved the win without a doubt so let's move on and not look back.

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 17:35
Very lethargic display today, looked like some very tired bodies out there. Was very disappointed by the halfbacks game management. Poor kicking and slow distribution had our back line going across the the pitch, not straight. Would have liked to have seen Jo Simmons given some game time, to get some pace on the game. Hope we improve next week!!

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 17:35
Very lethargic display today, looked like some very tired bodies out there. Was very disappointed by the halfbacks game management. Poor kicking and slow distribution had our back line going across the the pitch, not straight. Would have liked to have seen Jo Simmons given some game time, to get some pace on the game. Hope we improve next week!!

MESSAGES->author
Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:57
Just plain disappointed today. Wuss were good and we seemed to be in low gear with far too many errors. At least England won!

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 20:03
Nice to see Street do so well when he came on. Very impressive.

I would have liked to have seen Salmon and Simmonds given 20 mins too, although can understand why Rob didn't get them on. In hindsight I think we got the subs wrong. Would have loved to have the option of Cordero running the ball back in the final quarter.

Ref will be disappointed in his positioning in getting in the way for our breakout. Wasn't convinced by the final scrum call, after the messy lineout either. A few of the other penalties were called by the assistants. Overall, not the best display from the officials, but certainly not the reason we lost.
Worc just seemed to want it more, and overpowered us at the breakdown -credit to Worc for a massive effort. Well deserved winners. We were maybe lucky to get a LBP in the end.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 20:35
Worthy Champions
Sporting losers
Tigers fans could maybe take a lesson from you all.
A credit to your club

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 00:48
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Worthy Champions
Sporting losers
A credit to your club
+1

Chief-cum-Lately
Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 08:23
I was concerned during the warm up we seemed to lack the usual intensity and bite. Worcester played out of their skins and we didn't - simples. They deserved their win.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 08:42
Warrior aren't a bad team, and they've been unlucky in some of their looses over the last few seasons.
Yes we were pedestrian by our standards and just didn't have that creative spark, but their defence was superb all match, I do believe we would have done better keeping ball in hand instead of the worst kick tennis i've seen for years. Ref needs a bit of re education but in the league its swings and roundabouts.

Well done Wuss, deserved win, great supporters.

MESSAGES->author
11 February, 2018 09:00
Glad to see there aren't the usual wave of snipers and whingers on here after a poor showing by the team as a whole. No one player was responsible for that and it wasn't all about the players that were missing. They know that it wasn't great and will come out differently next week.

Congratulations Worcester

No one expected that!

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 09:45
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Worthy Champions
Sporting losers
A credit to your club
+1
Agreed. If you ever wonder (which I doubt) why Exeter is everybody's favourite team after their own, wonder no longer.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 10:38
That...was the worst Chiefs performance I've seen at Sandy Park for a long time. Surprised Steeno didn't kick for goal late on when he had the opportunity. An ugly 8-6 win is not the sort of rugby I like to watch but it would have been a win at least.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 10:39
I agree with all the sentiments above. We had a shocker & Worcester were superb and punished us.

Well played Worcester. Good luck for the rest of the season & see you again next season

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 10:49
Worcester defended brilliantly and knew exactly what we would do next. Predictable.
For me though, Sam Hill gave everything.
We’ve now lost 6 out of last 10 games which says we are human. Strangely, the match prior to that was when we thumped Bath at home with what was our best performance for ages.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 11:05
Oh dear. What happened?

Losses to Newcastle and Worcester in the last two games do not bode well with Saracens and Wasps coming up. We could find ourselves some 10 points behind than 10 ahead leaving us scrapping for a home semi spot.

I don’t agree that losing our England stars will have affected our ability to win these games. There is a lot of quality in the team we put out... LCD, Armand, Waldrom etc.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 11:30
Quote:
ExTeddChief
That...was the worst Chiefs performance I've seen at Sandy Park for a long time. Surprised Steeno didn't kick for goal late on when he had the opportunity. An ugly 8-6 win is not the sort of rugby I like to watch but it would have been a win at least.

What opportunity?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net