rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win AW Cup....next up it's Glaws at Sandy Park.. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Teams up...
Kainai (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 13:08
Exeter: Lachie Turner; Whitten, Devoto, Hill, Woodburn; Steenson (capt), Chudley; Hepburn, Cowan-Dickie, Holmes, Skinner, Hill, Armand, Salvi, Waldrom

Replacements: Innard, Moon, Street, Lees, Kvesic, Townsend, Simmonds, Dollman

Northampton: Mallinder; Tuala, Horne, Burrell, Foden; Francis, Groom; Ma'afu, Haywood, Brookes, Ribbans, Day (capt), Gibson, Brussow, Harrison.

Replacements: Marshall, Van Wyk, Ford-Robinson, Paterson, Wood, Reinach, Myler, Tuitavake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 15:43 by Kainai.

Master Chief
Re: Teams up......on BBC sport
Master Chief (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 14:09
Are we lacking ballast with Ewers or Lees in the starting line-up? Second row does show how far Skinner and Hill have come on though. Although I do feel that we are lacking someone who will dominate games in the tight like Parling did and the likes of Itoje, Lawes and Launchbury do.

Also surprised to see no Cordero. Did you pick up a knock? Although solid in the centre I don’t like Whitten on the wing.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 15:46
Totally agree with everything Master Chief said above. Whitton on the wing, I fail to see what that brings to the team, have we run out of wingers as well as hookers ???

Poking With Sticks
Re: Teams up...
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 16:08
I quite like Whitten on the wing. He's such a reliable player that it's good to have him in the team but you can't really have him and Hill in the centres (well you can but it's a bit limited) but he's such a battering ram that your average winger's going to have a hard time stopping him.

CullyChief
CullyChief (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 17:12
Quote:
Poking With Sticks
I quite like Whitten on the wing. He's such a reliable player that it's good to have him in the team but you can't really have him and Hill in the centres (well you can but it's a bit limited) but he's such a battering ram that your average winger's going to have a hard time stopping him.

I’m afraid it’s that battering ram approach that’s been letting us down lately Poking. No craft or guile in our game at all, just the battering ram and nothing even remotely resembling a plan B. Cordero was the only one providing anything creative, and now he’s out. We need the creativity that Campagnaro, Nowell and most of all Slade bring to our side. Bodilly too looks like someone with that in his game, and I hope he gets a good crack when fit. Without them it’s bosh, bosh and more bosh, and Whitten on the wing is symptomatic of that.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 17:31
Really think Steeno needs a rest, But he is needed, a bit more trust in others might help. The pack will be mobile, and its technique that's more important than bulk in the scrum in todays game.
We really need to be better in the break down, no more gifts please to the opposition. We got away with it by endeavour last week against a talented Wasps side.

We should come through, but at the moment you never know.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 19:17
We're doomed... Doooomed I say...

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 21:13
BP win tomorrow guys........No worries.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 21:48
Without Nowell, Slade, Campo, and Simmonds [sam], we are good, but predictable, the aforementioned make us unpredictable and therefore hard to defend against.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 22:22
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

Never thought I would actually say this....But I completely agree!

Not been on here for a while, sitting here reading this thread....anyone would think we had a side of part timers playing that had been rounded up off the village greens!
Not difficult to see why some of the players(their families) refer to this place as the poison pages!

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 06:14
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

Not been on here for a while, sitting here reading this thread....anyone would think we had a side of part timers playing that had been rounded up off the village greens!
Not difficult to see why some of the players(their families) refer to this place as the poison pages!

Why do some people on here think they are the moral compass, the ‘true fans’?!

What’s wrong with sharing an opinion? Otherwise what is the point in having a forum...

I myself think that we will beat Northampton today.

But I personally don’t think that Whitten should be played on the wing. He is excellent for us in the centre but limited out wide.

I would quite like to see someone like O’Flaherty given an opportunity.

Or is that a poisonous opinion? Is what I said disrespectful? If so, I will stop posting.

This is the quietest discussion board for a reason, because the forum whips on here do a good job of bullying others about what they can or cannot say.

Let’s have a ‘discussion’...

Aside from my rant, I am wishing the team the best of luck today and will be fully behind them as I am every week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2018 06:16 by Master Chief.

Peter Ord
OAP (Over a pint) (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 11:32
Strange old season. Wasps on a planet of their own have losing run. Starriest in a galaxy of their own have a losing run. Tigers, Bath, Quinn and Saints all struggle to put more than two wins together. Newcastle, Sale and Worcester coming up on the rails. And now our beloved Chiefs have lost three in a row after being ten points clear. So predicting results between now and the end of the season could prove almost impossible.

Enjoy every minute of it all it’s what life’s about.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 18:42
Why is it that "moral compasses" are considered to be relevant on a message board? Why can't a person make a quote from the quintessential fictional doom monger?
Frankly there are so many of you that are persistently negative that it's a wonder you can bring yourself to watch the Chiefs.
Win, lose, draw, success, failure. During all of those things the whole Exeter Chiefs thing is and has been a massive positive for me. I'm not about to feel apologetic for my undying enthusiasm for my club and my faith that more is good about it, and always has been, than bad.

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 19:01
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
Why is it that "moral compasses" are considered to be relevant on a message board? Why can't a person make a quote from the quintessential fictional doom monger?
Frankly there are so many of you that are persistently negative that it's a wonder you can bring yourself to watch the Chiefs.
Win, lose, draw, success, failure. During all of those things the whole Exeter Chiefs thing is and has been a massive positive for me. I'm not about to feel apologetic for my undying enthusiasm for my club and my faith that more is good about it, and always has been, than bad.

+1

Topofthepole
Topofthepole (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 21:34
I agree cordero would have had so much room today.
He must have taken a knock ! I can't believe Rob would have dropped him?

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 23:01
Quote:
Master Chief
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

Why do some people on here think they are the moral compass, the ‘true fans’?!

What’s wrong with sharing an opinion? Otherwise what is the point in having a forum...

I myself think that we will beat Northampton today.

But I personally don’t think that Whitten should be played on the wing. He is excellent for us in the centre but limited out wide.

I would quite like to see someone like O’Flaherty given an opportunity.

Or is that a poisonous opinion? Is what I said disrespectful? If so, I will stop posting.

This is the quietest discussion board for a reason, because the forum whips on here do a good job of bullying others about what they can or cannot say.

Let’s have a ‘discussion’...

Aside from my rant, I am wishing the team the best of luck today and will be fully behind them as I am every week.

That's your opinion.
Can't say I have noticed, or can remember anyone ever being "whipped, moderated or banned" ?

Others may feel that this place is quite due to what can often seem the never ending criticism of the players....with some players in particular very often targeted more than others.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Chief black hat
Chief black hat (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 08:49
Yesterday’s result still asks the question- why wasn’t Jo Simmons brought on last week and the previous game?
He made such a difference yesterday!!!!

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 16:48
Quote:
Chiefs
BP win tomorrow guys........No worries.

Never in doubt. (Sm163)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net