rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Chiefs
Re: Chiefs 31 Saints 30
Chiefs (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 17:22
And back to the top of the Aviva Premiership, not much doom and gloom here.

MESSAGES->author
25 February, 2018 17:29
Quote:
Chiefs
And back to the top of the Aviva Premiership, not much doom and gloom here.

thumbs down

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 17:45
But we're shoit aren't we? Just asking...

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:05
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
But we're shoit aren't we? Just asking...

Against Wuss and Saints for 70 minutes yes. Played well against Wasps but didn’t get the rub of the green. Tigers did us a favour today beating Sarries and denying them a LBP but we will need to play our A game to beat Sarries next week.

We were always going to struggle during the 6 Nation with so many good players away or injured even with our excellent squad. The Premiership is a very tough league with teams like Wuss coming good and Saints getting better under their temporary DOR.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:43
We weren't that bad. Worcester did their homework and realised that, given who we don't have at the moment, if they sent one man out of the defensive line to hassle the ball receiver they would nullify our attack. Well done Worcester.

I won't deny that the last two or three games haven't been up to our "expected" standard but hey (I know, I'm boring I've said this before), how many of YOU have honestly performed to your maximum in your job, consistently week after week, month after month... Ad nauseum? You don't have to perform in front of 10 - 12 thousand, or millions on TV.

These guys are very special people, putting themselves up there for you to criticise or praise week in, week out.

Oh, you can say I paid £### and then there's my food and drink but REALLY..???

Get real ladies and gents, whether or not you get value from the food and drink there's a squad of people who are grossly under paid compared to the other football game who week in, week out put their health on the line for the love of what they do and your entertainment.

Most if not all of them could earn a much more comfortable living elsewhere.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 21:04
Well aaid GJ whilst I don't totally agree with every word I feel you've hit the nail on the head re expectations and I do sometimes wonder why I bother running this site

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 22:00
Personally, i understood the site existed to enable all Chiefs fans to voice their opinion, good or bad, on all things to do with the team they love, Exeter Chiefs. I may not agree with all that is written, but I respect others opinions. It is a great site, at times very informative, so long as the topic remains about rugby and Chiefs, and does not become a venue for personal attacks, then I shall continue to read it with a smile on my face.

MESSAGES->author
Connorman (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 08:26
Quote:
Prarie Dog
I notice that many on the Saint's forum are blaming the ref for their defeat. Poor form in my opinion.
(Sm9)(Sm80)

100 posts on the game. One (1) calls the ref a homer. No others are blaming the ref.

Poor form on your behalf to make such a statement.

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 09:32
Two of our heros stand to be questioned IMHO, and not necessarily in regard to any lack of commitment.

Did anyone else think Whitten looked out of sorts? He didn't look comfortable in a winger's role. Also, Steeno missed having an innovative centre alongside. It may well have been more about Saints changing tact, but Chiefs looked more threatening when Joe came on.

Just a couple questions, and not a dig at these highly respected stalwarts.

Apologies. I appreciate these points have been raised on other threads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2018 10:55 by DumnoniiNomad.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 10:54
Quote:
Connorman
Quote:
Prarie Dog
I notice that many on the Saint's forum are blaming the ref for their defeat. Poor form in my opinion.
(Sm9)(Sm80)

100 posts on the game. One (1) calls the ref a homer. No others are blaming the ref.

Poor form on your behalf to make such a statement.

Well Said sir!

In fact some guys are being overly harsh on ourselves calling us bottlers. I see it more that we played our best but were always going to come under the cosh for the last 10 and hoped we had enough to hold out. We didnt. good game congrats and we move on.

The time wasting thing happens everyweek and its poor to call out professionalism. I remember a newly promoted exeter coming to the gardens trying to spoil and slow everything down. Its part of the game. When you play teams that have high tempo, try and kill it whislt maintaining yours.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:02
Quote:
SaintsMan87

The time wasting thing happens everyweek and its poor to call out professionalism. I remember a newly promoted exeter coming to the gardens trying to spoil and slow everything down. Its part of the game. When you play teams that have high tempo, try and kill it whislt maintaining yours.

Its not so much about the time wasting, As fatheralice notes on your forum it arguably cost you guys the game. Northampton went 13 points up with 15 minutes still on the clock, At this point it isnt really a stretch to say that Northampton potentially could have kicked on and left with both a win and try bonus points. But instead you changed up the tactics to slow things down and only left with a losing bonus point. As fatheralice notes its a demonstration of the fact that seemingly either the correct attitude or leadership isn't there within the team. We aren't complaining about it for obvious reasons but its a fair point to raise as it was clearly impactful on the game.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 09:09
Quote:
DumnoniiNomad
Also, Steeno missed having an innovative centre alongside. It may well have been more about Saints changing tact, but Chiefs looked more threatening when Joe came on.

Hard to say because it also looked like service sped up when Townsend came on. Not to mention it was the last quarter of the game and it tends to break up anyway.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 09:26
The lineout was much better👍 But does striking the ball in the scrum need to be better?

Would we have won this game against a team that were as fit as us?

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:12
Quote:
mommentum
The lineout was much better👍 But does striking the ball in the scrum need to be better?
Would we have won this game against a team that were as fit as us?

it is the feed that can cause problems at scrum time, not the strike. Chudders bounced the ball in from a five meter and the ball went straight to their hooker. Lack of concentration, which can at times, spoil his performance IMHO.

MESSAGES->author
black_otter (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:01
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
We weren't that bad. Worcester did their homework and realised that, given who we don't have at the moment, if they sent one man out of the defensive line to hassle the ball receiver they would nullify our attack. Well done Worcester.
I won't deny that the last two or three games haven't been up to our "expected" standard but hey (I know, I'm boring I've said this before), how many of YOU have honestly performed to your maximum in your job, consistently week after week, month after month... Ad nauseum? You don't have to perform in front of 10 - 12 thousand, or millions on TV.

These guys are very special people, putting themselves up there for you to criticise or praise week in, week out.

Oh, you can say I paid £### and then there's my food and drink but REALLY..???

Get real ladies and gents, whether or not you get value from the food and drink there's a squad of people who are grossly under paid compared to the other football game who week in, week out put their health on the line for the love of what they do and your entertainment.

Most if not all of them could earn a much more comfortable living elsewhere.

Hmm, so to paraphrase, because they aren’t paid as much as roundballers nobody is allowed to have views on whether they are playing well or not? Not sure I can agree with that

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:16
Not my point at all, as usual pick out one phrase to diminish an argument, have you tried politics?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net