rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

OldWing
Re: LOST HIS MOJO
OldWing (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 12:17
I think the stamina required to keep going at this stage of the season must be immense, after so many games of rugby and so much pressure as defending champions. I haven't noticed the fall off in Steeno's performances that others have, but it would be hardly surprising to see a mid season dip in form. He is after all the heartbeat of the team. No-one could be more committed to the Chiefs cause than he is, and I suspect that makes games all the more emotionally draining for him.

There are some interesting stats on the Premiership website. Steeno has an accuracy record of nigh on 80% for kicks at goal, rather better than one J Wilkinson Esq. Of the others in the top ten, pretty well all have had only a fraction of the kicks at goal Steeno has had. I know he missed a vital kick against Worcester, but think how many crucial kicks he has put over. When, eventually, he decides he's had enough, he will take a lot of replacing, for his goal kicking certainly, but for his general standard of play and pride in the shirt.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 23:56
Quote:
OldWing
I think the stamina required to keep going at this stage of the season must be immense, after so many games of rugby and so much pressure as defending champions. I haven't noticed the fall off in Steeno's performances that others have, but it would be hardly surprising to see a mid season dip in form. He is after all the heartbeat of the team. No-one could be more committed to the Chiefs cause than he is, and I suspect that makes games all the more emotionally draining for him.
There are some interesting stats on the Premiership website. Steeno has an accuracy record of nigh on 80% for kicks at goal, rather better than one J Wilkinson Esq. Of the others in the top ten, pretty well all have had only a fraction of the kicks at goal Steeno has had. I know he missed a vital kick against Worcester, but think how many crucial kicks he has put over. When, eventually, he decides he's had enough, he will take a lot of replacing, for his goal kicking certainly, but for his general standard of play and pride in the shirt.

Absolutely spot on.

Someone mentioned the fact that Steeno has worked hard to improve other aspects of his game - over the last couple of seasons that has been on show for all to see. Some of the tackles he has made have been top drawer....and he has taken some big hits and a pounding at times! All of this is going to have an effect.

I believe that we are missing Jack Yeandle! I am not going to get in to the all to familar "who is best hooker debate"...as it has nothing to do with the number on the shirt!! Jack is a leader, and a very good one, it could be that it is his leadership that's also missing.

I am not a fan of either the 9 or 10 being Captain, their roles are crucial enough as it is without having the added pressure of the Captaincy.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:19
Spot on about Jack being a leader. He has been the one player who we have really missed.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:03
See Steeno is on the bench tomorrow with Joe starting. Jack also back on the bench but the Offy doesn’t say who is starting skipper, assume it is Don Armand.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:31
Quote:
Lowerwatha
See Steeno is on the bench tomorrow with Joe starting. Jack also back on the bench but the Offy doesn’t say who is starting skipper, assume it is Don Armand.

Yes, it Is Don.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net