rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Chiefs
Schalk Brits.
Chiefs (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 22:33
Tomorrow will probably, unless he changes his mind, be the last time we see Schalk play at Sandy park.

I for one will miss him, a great rugby player, club man and all round bloody good bloke.

Thank you Schalk, it has been a pleasure and an honour.

Littledeepea
Re: Schalk Brits.
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 07:51
+1

One of my favourite players, always played with a smile on his face.

After the s/f last season, when Sarries were doing a lap of the pitch, he was lagging far behind the rest of the team due to shaking hands and having selfies taken with so many people.

A true gent and a great example of how rugby should be played.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:43
Quote:
Otter Supper
+1
One of my favourite players, always played with a smile on his face.

After the s/f last season, when Sarries were doing a lap of the pitch, he was lagging far behind the rest of the team due to shaking hands and having selfies taken with so many people.

A true gent and a great example of how rugby should be played.

Loved the picture of him necking someone’s pint at the end of the game, great ambassador for the sport of rugby, will be missed!

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:48
Yep, Rugby's loss not just Sarries, great player, all the best to him, unless he plays against us again lol.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:19
Minutes after the end of the game when he must have been feeling a bit "down" he smilingly agreed to a photo with me (I have only ever asked for about 5 with players I genuinely admire). He was upbeat smiling and very humble, a giant of our game.

BarnetSarrie
BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 18:17
I am on the committee organising his testimonial dinner in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to show him the comments here - I know he will really appreciate it.
Thank you all very much. He is just as much of a gent when you know him well and I know just how much everyone at Sarries will miss him. It is really great to know it is appreciated beyond that.
Best wishes
BS

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 18:31
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
I am on the committee organising his testimonial dinner in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to show him the comments here - I know he will really appreciate it.
Thank you all very much. He is just as much of a gent when you know him well and I know just how much everyone at Sarries will miss him. It is really great to know it is appreciated beyond that.
Best wishes
BS

Thanks BS, we would be most grateful if you could do that.

Please give Schalk our very best regards and best wishes.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 19:45
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
Best wishes
BS

Barnet Sarrie -
Schalk posed whilst I took a picture with my two boys, Xander & Morné (Afrikaans mum).

I put the pic on twitter but please please pass on our very very best wishes to him .... As a past Stormer he is a real Lekker Ding.

Thanks, Ant

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 21:02
As I said to Mr Brits after the semi final last year

" Mr Brits been a pleasure watching you, you have been at least 10 years ahead of your time"

Top man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net