rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Jc12345
Onehunga Havili from Western Force
Jc12345 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 18:08
For those of you who dont have Instagram, Santiago Cordero just put a picture up of some of the lads in the tub at the chiefs post training and in there with them was Onehunga Havili a Tonga number 8 who can also play wing(as you do), hes only 22 and a big lad too from googling his stats.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Onehunga Havili from Western Force
Kainai (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 18:21
What a name! anyway I'm onehungary bloke and off to get my dinner.........I'll get my coat as well

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 19:24
playing for the all whites at the moment....

Quote:

A touch of Tonga
Onehunga Havili Kaufusi is a Tongan born flanker, who was recruited by the Western Force Academy in 2015 and was awarded a full scholarship.

The flanker impressed at the Academy and it was not long before he was making appearances for Perth Spirit. After two seasons with Spirit in the NRC and some excellent form for Palmyra in the Pindan Premier Grade the Tongan made his Super Rugby debut this season.

In April 2017 Havili came off the bench to make his Super Rugby debut against the Chiefs and on the 13th of May he made his run-on debut against the Jaguares.

Since April, he has appeared twice for Tonga with his debut against Japan in Toulouse - November 17 with the following week against Romania in Bucharest. He was also substitute but unused against the Barbarians in Ireland.

The 21-year-old possess raw power with ball in hand, a strong offloading game and is becoming a diligent worker at set piece and around the ground.

Onehunga is looking to be a part of the Exeter Chiefs setup in the near future and will be available for all Braves games, requiring his third International cap to fulfil Chiefs guidelines he has been released to All Whites to get regular playing game time. He certainly won't be a one game wonder at Rackerhayes - that's for sure. He made his first All Whites appearance against Ivybridge yesterday.

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 19:52
According to Wikipedia he is the same height and about the same weight as Sam Skinner.

He was played on the wing as an experiment due to his speed (imagine that bulk heading towards you in space) but his chosen position is at 8. He has also played at lock. Only 21 and a talent that Rob and Co can nurture. Imagine a back row including him and Sam Simmonds.

Your mention of the all whites, Father Alice, reminded me of another foreign player, who's name I've forgotten, who was trying to get a contract with the Chiefs. I think his work permit was dependent on international appearances, which I think he has since fulfilled, but have heard nothing since.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 19:59
JJ Taulagi. Only had the one (brief) cap for Samoa last autumn

The bit in the above article mentions players need 3 caps, so I wonder if that is something visa related now? I think he is back in NZ at the moment.

Strong link with Chiefs and All Whites with Matt Jess as player coach, and part of the Chiefs coaching staff...

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 20:06
JJ Taulagi.

That's the fella, thanks FA.

According to Wiki Onehunga has 2 caps for Tonga.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 16:48
Looks like Fissler has picked up on this rumour/ thread.

If we are not signing an experienced 8 to replace Waldrom then I really hope we can keep Salvi for another season so we have have some experienced heads in our back row masses.

Much more will expected of the likes of Simmonds, Kvesic and Freeman with no Waldrom and Horstmann.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 16:50
Fissler (and rugbyinsideline) just rehashed the narfc press release in their gossip confirmations today. Nothing new to say

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 16:51 by fatheralice.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 13:55
Havili starting at 8 today for the Braves.

CullyChief
CullyChief (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 14:58
Just scored the opening try in that match.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net