rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

fisher
excuses!
fisher (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 09:33
Lets not be accused of getting our excuses in first for the semi final! We are using this competition in a way that aids us as a team in the same way as the Falcons are but with a different emphasis in their approach to it. We used the same tactic as them the year we won it and look what a lift that gave the club and I am sure it urged us on to where we are now. The tactic can rebound on you if it goes wrong by draining the confidence from a side if they lose to what would seem a lesser squad. So heres to Sunday and what should be a cracking game with a lot of pressure on the Falcons to beat our team for the first time at SP.

Mark Smith NCJ Media
Re: excuses!
markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 11:41
Rest assured, nobody in the Falcons camp is taking this Exeter team lightly. It’s a good side and we know it will be a very tough challenge.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 14:00
I actually think the game will be very close apart from our young bench and a couple of the starting 15 it is a very good team with lots of experience and quality.
I would perhaps say 5 of the Newcastle team would get in our side as selected so don’t underestimate our quality, home advantage - chiefs by 5

MESSAGES->author
10 March, 2018 15:33
Fisher - thumbs down - agree with your post.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 15:43
To be honest, if we lose, I cant think of a better team to lose to, they have come a long way in a short period, and the fans need something to cheer about great bunch.

fisher
fisher (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 18:20
I could not agree more clalan. Our away trips up there are I think the best of the season win or lose the fans are great and Newcastle is not bad either for a night out!

loadofeathers
loadofeathers (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 23:18
Quote:
fisher
I could not agree more clalan. Our away trips up there are I think the best of the season win or lose the fans are great and Newcastle is not bad either for a night out!
+ 1

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 09:00
Quote:
loadofeathers
Quote:
fisher
+ 1

+2. Great club, great city and lovely people. What’s not to like about Newcastle, just wish it was closer.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 13:48
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
loadofeathers
Quote:
fisher
+ 1

+2. Great club, great city and lovely people. What’s not to like about Newcastle, just wish it was closer.

The only thing not to like about Newcastle is their DOR.

Any decent honourable man would have retired through embarrassment after what happened earlier in his career....

Keemosabay
Keemosabay (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 22:40
.....and you think he was the only DOR doing what he did?!

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 08:41
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
loadofeathers
Quote:
fisher
+ 1

Any decent honourable man would have retired through embarrassment after what happened earlier in his career....

Oh for goodness' sake. A decent honourable society allows people who transgress to serve their time and then allow them an opportunity for redemption. Which has happened. It isn't accidental that the rise and rise of Newcastle - easily my second favourite Prem club, (at least until Chinnor get there smiling smiley) - coincides with the appointment of Richards and his patient building of a squad very much in the image of Chiefs. Home-grown talent bolstered by players not required by clubs and given a second chance.

He has redeemed himself and more in my humble eyes.

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 13:04
He got caught many others have doen as bad. Is getting caught now an offense to end a carrier.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 13:23
Quote:
Chief Redwine
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
loadofeathers
Quote:
fisher
+ 1

Oh for goodness' sake. A decent honourable society allows people who transgress to serve their time and then allow them an opportunity for redemption. Which has happened. It isn't accidental that the rise and rise of Newcastle - easily my second favourite Prem club, (at least until Chinnor get there smiling smiley) - coincides with the appointment of Richards and his patient building of a squad very much in the image of Chiefs. Home-grown talent bolstered by players not required by clubs and given a second chance.

What he said. Amazing how many unblemished characters inhabit message boards.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 17:19
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
Quote:
Chief Redwine
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
loadofeathers
Quote:
fisher
+ 1

What he said. Amazing how many unblemished characters inhabit message boards.

What GJ said about what he said, he is doing a great job and the very best of luck to them and him. Strangely, as a player he was an absolute saint (Sm100)

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 17:40
As above what they said
You do things, some you win, some you lose
If you lose, you take it on the chin and move on...life is not a dress rehearsal.
Besides Deano has done plenty of good to offset the bad

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 18:10
I never said I wanted him hung drawn and quartered lol and I respect his achievements on and off the pitch BUT I don't like him for what happened.
Other people's careers were at stake not just his own and I don't like that fact in the whole saga.
Everyone,me included, makes mistakes and I respect those people that make big mistakes and turn their lives around BUT I don't have to like them.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 11:23
You effectively said he wasn't decent and honourable. Whether true or not back then, doesn't mean he's not decent and honorable now. People learn from their mistakes unless society chooses to keep "punishing" them. Then the temptation is to say "what's the point? I might as well do it the easy way".

Just saying.

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 11:56
What exactly was his punishment ? I can't remember ( serious question. Just curious.No other motive )

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 12:43
Quote:
Mabolza
What exactly was his punishment ? I can't remember ( serious question. Just curious.No other motive )

Three year ban 2009-2012.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net