rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Topofthepole
What a game AW semi final
Topofthepole (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:07
Great game Newcastle Falcons 1st team have gone home with there tails between their legs.
Great unselfish run again by Cordero for the first try.

I hope Rob is waiting for him tomorrow with a pen.
Get him signed up for next season at least.
Great game by Joe Simmouds and Salvi .
The referee had a terrible game.
Well do to the whole team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 18:38 by Topofthepole.

StewardSaffin
Re: What a game AW semi final
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 20:14
Sorry don't agree with your comment about the ref. He was spot on, decisive & fair.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 20:52
Back at Sandy Park...and got the joy of seeing Cordero in full flight from ETS! Well done Rob for finding that guy. And well done to that Chiefs side for seeing off a Geordie side that clearly meant business - brilliant stuff!

Now to see if Gloucester next weekend is doable!

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 21:10
Quote:
Little MissChief
Sorry don't agree with your comment about the ref. He was spot on, decisive & fair.
He was probably fair in the end but due to his mistakes evening out.
Can't get my head around his decision to award a knock on rather than a penalty against Goneva first half and it was as inexplicable as his decision to award us a 5 metre scrum in the second half when it was a clear penalty against us due to holding on.
He didn't have a great game but the key decisions went in our favour on balance as we eventually scored from that 5 metre scrum!

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 22:13
Only watched on the TV prior engagements, but I think the ref team had a generally good game. There are always the odd thing missed as they do not get the replays I did, but he was clear to the players what he wanted and pretty fair to both sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 22:29 by clalan.

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 08:51
Karl Dickson will be an international referee. He has the advantage of playing high quality rugby, this was obvious in the way he continually picked out the way players were trying it on. His communication was clear, concise and professional (not too chummy). Some excellent in-play comms with the TMO which helped the game move on. Consistent interpretation of the Laws. And finally, if you get a chance, look at the way he positioned himself throughout the game, spot on.

I thought he was good.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 13:00
thought he was fine - and on re-watching on TV, some of my frustrations were unfounded.

I would however question the final penalty to Falcons, as that looked very tenuous!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net