rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Forty Five minutes or so from now.
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:08
News.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Forty Five minutes or so from now.
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:19
Rumours of a certain Exeter Chiefs back row player being called up by England perhaps?

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:25
Someone on the bus home mentioned this. If true not before time.

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:42
England head coach Eddie Jones has named a 32-man squad to begin preparations for their final NatWest 6 Nations match against Ireland at Twickenham stadium (Saturday 17 March 2:45pm KO).

Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints) and Nathan Hughes (Wasps) will both have scans on Monday after sustaining knee injuries against France on Saturday.

Backs

Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Care (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Saracens), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Marcus Smith (Harlequins)*, Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Ben Teo (Worcester Warriors), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens).

Forwards
Don Armand (Exeter Chiefs), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Jamie George (Saracens), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Wasps), Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens).

* Apprentice player

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 17:43 by Otter Supper.

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 19:50
Finally! Go get 'em Don!

And great news for all Chiefs, even if it's a bridge too far, let's hope they can help to upset the Irish grand-slam bid!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 19:53 by DumnoniiNomad.

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 21:52
Great to get the recognition albeit too late for this Six Nations in reality. Lets just hope that they all come back in one piece.

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 10:28
England looked generally out of sorts on Saturday. They appeared tired, more mentally than physically perhaps, and unable to lift themselves to put in the effort needed at critical times. It also looks as though other teams have found us out at last, especially at the break down, and are getting the better of us at important times in matches. We've only lost two matches, and might easily come back, but we haven't really looked impressive in any of this year's 6N games, even those we've won. I'm delighted that Don might get another chance to show what he can do at international level, but bringing in one player, good as he is, won't be enough to turn things around. EJ needs to have a root and branch review of how England play, and the players he picks, to make sure we're not left behind by the time the World Cup comes around. All is not lost yet, but the last couple of games have left me feeling pretty deflated.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 12:24
Quote:
Currychief
Great to get the recognition albeit too late for this Six Nations in reality. Lets just hope that they all come back in one piece.

100% in agreement..

"Get on Exe"

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 21:51
Eddie seems to be a coach that is a man-manager more than a tactical coach. He pushes players to the limit but this works best short term before leading to burnout. Mako was made to play about 75 mins against Italy for no reason.

The last two games England do not seem to know what their game plan is. They are not playing a high temo high possession game like us because they don't play props that clear out the breakdown. They are not playing a low possession kicking game because May and Daly are not good in the air and Care not a box kicker, also Saracens play their second playmaker at fullback. They are not playing a fast off loading game like wasps.

I still think Eddie in the best man for England, the euro cup as shown that the French and Irish players are way ahead at the breakdown

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 18:34
Great to see Armand, LCD and Simmonds retained in England squad, but hugely disappointed to see Slade and Hepburn released ! I have a horrible feeling the team will be largely unchanged against Ireland !

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:06
Pity, I was looking forward to Slade at 13, Teo at 12 with Farrell at 10!

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 20:52
France got a penalty try for a high tackle from the last man, in the euro cup we only got a penalty when Jack Nowell was taken out high by the last man.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 01:03
Quote:
Lowerwatha

Me too.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 18:01
Quote:
Tribester
Quote:
Lowerwatha

Me too.

That would be my selection too.........For what it I say worth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net