rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Zyder head
Team for the AW final?
Zyder head (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 21:02
A very nice problem to have in many ways but what team do we pick?
I wouldn't have any argument should we decide to pick largely the same squad as today, after all we beat an almost full strength Falcons side BUT my worry is not so much next weekend as I am thinking ahead to the following weekend against Bath.
It showed after our last AW break (and in previous breaks) that we can be rusty as some players have had 2 weeks downtime and with a game against Bath at the wreck to come I personally would like to see some of our key players get some game time next weekend,probably off the bench, to ensure they are not so off the boil for the following Friday.
Obviously there is the argument that the Bath Premiership fixture is obviously on the Friday (Grrrr) so not allowing much recovery time for either side so that will probably influence team selection on both sides!
Bath have the advantage of an extra couple of days rest though so does that come into the argument?
Decisions decisions eh? Lol

MESSAGES->author
Re: Team for the AW final?
clalan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 22:34
Todays team apart from any injuries will do fine, no need to call the cavalry, trust in the squad its stronger than ever.

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 09:00
Bath have so many players out with injuries/internationals that they are quite likely to have to play substantially the same side both next Sunday and for the Prem game. This may well play into our hands. I would stick with the team that played yesterday, getting motivation up for a trip to the Wreck shouldn't be difficult.

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 13:02
Would give Williams some time as Eddie didn't give him a fair crack over the previous internationals so would benefit from it. If Slade comes back from England would also consider giving him 20 from the bench. But apart from that keep it the same.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 17:31
Let's hope for no more injuries from the England camp....if Jones had picked Armand earlier instead of persisting with second rows in the backrow then we might also have been better at the breakdown....

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 17:55
Unless there are injuries, stick with the same side, they got us to this position so they deserve a place in the final!

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 20:41
Will the first team players travel to watch the game?

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 20:51
I'm guessing they will. Baxter admitted he was wrong to stop them going last year

Shy Ann
Shy Ann (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:03
I'd go with Yeanz to start and one or two stronger subs.

Scuff
Scuff (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:08
I saw Slade and Heburn have been released by England. Slade could probably use the game time after returning from injury so wouldn't be surprised to see him play a part.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:24
Quote:
dwhite805
Would give Williams some time as Eddie didn't give him a fair crack over the previous internationals so would benefit from it. If Slade comes back from England would also consider giving him 20 from the bench. But apart from that keep it the same.

Think Harry is nursing an injury.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 18:14
Do we know the extent of his and Nowell’s injuries?

Garnett
Garnett (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 22:38
Yes we do know about Jack. Not sure how helpful it is to post about it? He was with the Lions so has not had a break in many months. I am sure his England colleagues will know that he is somewhere hot getting some rest. His choice of body art makes him difficult to miss! Nothing to prevent him returning before the playoffs. Sun beds are great for ankles!

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 14:46
Quote:
Garnett
Yes we do know about Jack. Not sure how helpful it is to post about it? He was with the Lions so has not had a break in many months. I am sure his England colleagues will know that he is somewhere hot getting some rest. His choice of body art makes him difficult to miss! Nothing to prevent him returning before the playoffs. Sun beds are great for ankles!

Dubai springs to mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net