rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
MESSAGES->author
Paddy Jackson
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 16:48
Fresh off making news around the World for the wrong reasons and the surrounding media circus, He is now being linked with a move to Devon. according to Rugbypass.com

Quote:
Rugby Pass
One transfer rumour has linked Jackson to a move to Top 14 big spenders Montpellier. How much sense this move makes is questionable with All Black flyhalf Aaron Cruden just coming to the end of the first year of a three year, €2.1 million euro contract.

Another rumour has linked Jackson with a move to Premiership Champions Exeter Chiefs, although the club might not have the room in the salary cap for a player of Jackson calibre; and that is presuming they were prepared to overlook the controversy surrounding him.
[www.rugbypass.com]

Thoughts

MESSAGES->author
Re: Paddy Jackson
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 16:54
Also mentioned in a possible move to Chiefs in TRP Fissler file. His stay at Ulster seems to be untenable after the court case. Steeno and Simmonds J appear to be current occupants of th 10 berth but Gareth could be one to replace with a move to a player/coach role?

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 16:54
Not happening, tarnished goods, even though they are in the clear.
We just do not need the press waiting for some indiscretion to happen.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 17:14
Classy Clalan, no offence intended bur not guilty is not guilty.

ChiefChopper
RedExe (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 17:44
Disgusting man, we don't need him. The club should put out a statement that we would never enter the thought of hiring him to become part of our club.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 19:11
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

This is true, but the bar in a criminal court is very much higher than in domestic life -whilst found not guilty of criminal activity on the balance of probability, the misogyny and general behaviour displayed in the whatsapp messages that have been so widely seen, would certainly be deemed unacceptable by a large number of people.

I can't see the club risking the bad PR that could ensue.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 19:40
Quote:
clalan
Not happening, tarnished goods, even though they are in the clear.
We just do not need the press waiting for some indiscretion to happen.

+1

MESSAGES->author
01 April, 2018 19:48
No thank you.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 21:49
Quote:
RedExe
Disgusting man, we don't need him. The club should put out a statement that we would never enter the thought of hiring him to become part of our club.

So what would you do if RB does sign him?

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 22:55
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

Here was I thinking you were a man of the world and knew human nature, the press and the public. Obviously wrong, how many people are saying, they may not be giulty but there is no smoke without fire.

So why import possible problems.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 06:46
I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong about the Cuthbert signing but I really can't see this being true.
He has been found not guilty in a court of law for criminal offences so that can't be held against him but there would be a lot of baggage following him around.
What happens in private is that person's prerogative but that private side has now become public through evidence given in court and hasn't painted a pretty picture.
I dare say all involved will try and change their ways after this episode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 06:54 by Zyder head.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 06:51
To be honest I can't see why Exe need him. Okay Steeno isn't getting any younger, But wheren't Exe signing Billy Searle from Bristol?

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 07:00
If the Billy Searle rumour is true we wouldn't need Jackson but that has gone a bit quiet recently.
Paddy Jackson would occupy a fair amount of cash in the cap so a clean break to France seems far more likely to me.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 08:29
Wasn't B Searle signed by the pests.

I agree I can't see we need Jackson. We have two good fly halfs for next season and Slade for injure back up, may be the season after. Every young fly half like Joe will go through a sticky patch were they get a lot of criticism and Steenson is going to have a big part to play next season.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 09:12
I thought Searle was off to Wasps as backup as Danny C is off.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 12:58
Quote:
Tom A Hawk
To be honest I can't see why Exe need him. Okay Steeno isn't getting any younger, But wheren't Exe signing Billy Searle from Bristol?

This is more to the point.

Peter Ord
OAP (Over a pint) (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 13:19
The judge opened their trial by telling the jury that they were there to deliberate on whether rape had happened or not and definitely not there to judge their morals. Do we really want other clubs to judge our morals.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 17:15
He was found NOT GUILTY.

He should be allowed to carry on his chosen profession without narrow minded idiots who can't let people move on. If the Chiefs can sign him I feel it would be an excellent addition to our squad.

How many 26 year olds have got themselves into situations they regret, I bet many on this site have as well.

Why other would clubs question our morals as he has done nothing wrong, NOT GUILTY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 18:09 by Chief Fire Water.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 19:18
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
He was found NOT GUILTY.
He should be allowed to carry on his chosen profession without narrow minded idiots who can't let people move on. If the Chiefs can sign him I feel it would be an excellent addition to our squad.

How many 26 year olds have got themselves into situations they regret, I bet many on this site have as well.

Why other would clubs question our morals as he has done nothing wrong, NOT GUILTY.

This!

because I'm a "Man of the World" and I understand human nature I get that people make mistakes, they learn from them and grow. Everyone else is clearly sainted.

Kimimela
Kimimela (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 19:50
Anyone who brags about what they did that night or any night on social media shows that he has a total lack of respect towards women, himself, his family and his profession. I don’t think he would fit in with the ethos of the club and will not earn the respect from the changing room. You only have to look at Luke Arscott and Ignacio Mieres to see how their careers are doing and they weren’t up in front of a judge for a rape charge!
Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes but he has tainted his career forever and only has himself to blame.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net