rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......


Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Jagmattuk
English giants
Jagmattuk (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 13:55

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: English giants
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:05
The last thing Chiefs need is more Centers..

Campo, Whits, Hill, Slade, Hendrickson and Devoto.... Its not happenning..

 
goss8800
Re: English giants
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:33
Devoto hasn't impressed.

Campo needs to have a decent run without injuries.

Hendrickson another one who needs game time which I don't think he will get.

You have to remember Olding plays centre and full back and has played both positions at the top level, We are very short at full back with Dolly in the twilight of his career and Turner hasn't signed another contract. Olding could be an excellent signing

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: English giants
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:43
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Devoto hasn't impressed.
Campo needs to have a decent run without injuries.

But Devoto hasn't been a total bust either, I would argue he is in the same boat as Campo and just needs a decent run of games

Quote:
You have to remember Olding plays centre and full back and has played both positions at the top level, We are very short at full back with Dolly in the twilight of his career and Turner hasn't signed another contract. Olding could be an excellent signing

What about Cordero? He can play 15 and I was under the impression that Jack was moving back to 15. Either way I don't see us being short at 15 if Cordero is staying.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 14:45 by Tom A Hawk.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: English giants
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:27
We also have Bodiddly,he plays full back.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: English giants
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:53
Quote:
Tom A Hawk
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Devoto hasn't impressed.
Campo needs to have a decent run without injuries.

But Devoto hasn't been a total bust either, I would argue he is in the same boat as Campo and just needs a decent run of games

Quote:
You have to remember Olding plays centre and full back and has played both positions at the top level, We are very short at full back with Dolly in the twilight of his career and Turner hasn't signed another contract. Olding could be an excellent signing

What about Cordero? He can play 15 and I was under the impression that Jack was moving back to 15. Either way I don't see us being short at 15 if Cordero is staying.

Thought Devoto was superb towards the end of last season and really fronted up in the final. Would like to see him and Slade get a run of games together!
If we can keep this squad together we could be top dog in the Premiership for a number of seasons and really challenge in Europe!

 
Master Chief
Re: English giants
Master Chief (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:54
Agree with the above. We don’t need him ‘especially if we keep one or both of Campo or Turner, which I hope we do.

Devoto for me was excellent the second half of last season. The coaches credit him for how a lot of the game went through him. He can pass, run, carry, kick, tackle. His size and skills could make him a stand out player...

I agree with the above, it would be great to see him play some games with Slade or Campo at 13.

 
Zyder head
Re: English giants
Zyder head (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:40
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Devoto hasn't impressed.
Campo needs to have a decent run without injuries.

Hendrickson another one who needs game time which I don't think he will get.

You have to remember Olding plays centre and full back and has played both positions at the top level, We are very short at full back with Dolly in the twilight of his career and Turner hasn't signed another contract. Olding could be an excellent signing

Are you joking about Devoto?!
He was excellent towards the end of last season. He did throw a few (too many) intercept passes last season but it easily forgiven because of all the other good things he did.
This season has been a write off through injuries for both him and Campo unfortunately but we are not short of quality or quantity at centre IF everyone renews.
With Max to come back as well personally I think we are OK at the moment for back 3 options even without Turner signing on.

 
Brent1
Re: English giants
Brent1 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 09:56
Key point for me is Exeter play far better, certainly v the best teams when they have Slade playing in the centres outside Steeno or Joe S. This is not unusual with modern defences.
Think

Wilkinson / Catt
Cipriani / Gpopperth
Ford / Farrell
Saracens and Leicester are the same...

So much as all our centres are very good...only Devoto appears to have the skill set to fulfil Slade's role if injured..if we were to sign another centre / fullback ( don't think we need to....they need to be creative primarily bosher second )

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: English giants
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:19
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Quote:
Tom A Hawk
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Devoto hasn't impressed.
Campo needs to have a decent run without injuries.

But Devoto hasn't been a total bust either, I would argue he is in the same boat as Campo and just needs a decent run of games

Quote:
You have to remember Olding plays centre and full back and has played both positions at the top level, We are very short at full back with Dolly in the twilight of his career and Turner hasn't signed another contract. Olding could be an excellent signing

What about Cordero? He can play 15 and I was under the impression that Jack was moving back to 15. Either way I don't see us being short at 15 if Cordero is staying.

Thought Devoto was superb towards the end of last season and really fronted up in the final. Would like to see him and Slade get a run of games together!

Agreed, I think Ollie this season has been unlucky with injuries and simply needs a run of games to find some form and get up and running this season.. But its getting a little late in the season for that now though..

 
Comanche Chief
Re: English giants
Comanche Chief (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:23
Quote:

Not according to Rob Hunter.
Rob Hunter's Statement

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: English giants
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:29
I know we should take these statements with a pinch of salt, Based on how some clubs seem to contradict themselves with their actions. But as I have already said in the case of Jackson and Olding, I can't see why Exe would need to sign them, Let alone want to... Exe have the 10/12/13 and 15 shirts well covered next year so why the need to sign either Jackson or Olding?

 
Scuff
Re: English giants
Scuff (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:07
My guess is that people are putting 2 and 2 together to make 5.

I mean, Exe have a gained a reputation for taking other clubs discards and rehabilitating them back into first team picks. But this is a different kettle of fish and I'm pleased to see Rob's statement.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: English giants
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:29
I see Bristol have officially re-branded to Bristol Bears,

However I can see they will have some issues with their website domain name as it would appear that [www.bristolbears.co.uk] is already taken and is errrrrrrr........... The official website for Bristol Bear Fiesta which is (according to the website) a gay event weekend that has been held every summer since 2003 in Bristol’s Gay Village.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 10:31 by Tom A Hawk.

 
blowing bubbles
Re: English giants
blowing bubbles (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 12:23
Quote:
Scuff
My guess is that people are putting 2 and 2 together to make 5.
I mean, Exe have a gained a reputation for taking other clubs discards and rehabilitating them back into first team picks. But this is a different kettle of fish and I'm pleased to see Rob's statement.

My guess would be that there is an agent that now has unemployed player on his hands (= no % cut for the agent) and needs to drum up some market interest asap - first thing to do - get on the blower to the Irish Independent and say x, y and z are all interested in said player.


I'd like to think that Olding and Jackson genuinely realise their behaviour has been abhorrent and hope that they can rehabilitate themselves but for a variety of reasons, I don't see it happening at our club.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?