rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Irish 5 Chiefs 45
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:47
Pretty emphatic win which confirms our home semi final in the playoffs!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Irish 5 Chiefs 45
fatheralice (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 18:26
Impressive performance. Could easily have been 60pts+

Conditions looked tricky as the rain came down leading to some spilled balls, but plenty of endeavour and some nice play across the park, with most facets working well.

Only downer is possible injuries to Armand, Williams and Whitten. Thankfully with a home SF secured so early we have a month where we can rest them if necessary.

Whilst a shame to see L Irish go down, it looks inevitable now, and probably deserved as they were way off the pace today.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:45
Does the injury to Armand look serious? We have good cover for Williams and Whitten but Armand is so integral to us.

MESSAGES->author
SpookyChiefette (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:25
Rob Hunter said not in his post match interview. He said he took a bang to the hip and not worth risking with the way the score was.

Wake up and smell the Chiefs! 

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:49
Williams was an hia too (which he passed) so looking good on that front

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 09:57
Good to see Ewers playing well

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:22
And was it a 100% for Steeno's kicking success. He put in one hell of a performance!

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Viho
Viho (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:00
Quote:
PhilW2010
And was it a 100% for Steeno's kicking success. He put in one hell of a performance!

Steeno is refreshed and ready to captain the final

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:08
Quote:
Viho
Quote:
PhilW2010

I think Joe has done enough to retain the first choice 10 shirt. Nothing against Steeno, but there seems to be a bit more zip to the backs performance since he has been in. And his kicking has been pretty consistent.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:43
Quote:
Blackwater Tribe
Quote:
Viho
Quote:
PhilW2010

I think Joe has done enough to retain the first choice 10 shirt. Nothing against Steeno, but there seems to be a bit more zip to the backs performance since he has been in. And his kicking has been pretty consistent.

O/T I know, but given how we froze in our first Prem final - with Nowell one of the few to play anyway near his usual standard (and also one of the more experienced member of the team, well used to the pressures involved), I expect Steeno to start in the final this year should we get there.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:35
Very smooth performance - home semi final banked. Worth aiming for the number 1 seed.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:57
Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
Blackwater Tribe
Quote:
Viho
Quote:
PhilW2010

O/T I know, but given how we froze in our first Prem final - with Nowell one of the few to play anyway near his usual standard (and also one of the more experienced
member of the team, well used to the pressures involved), I expect Steeno to start in the final this year should we get there.
I am not so sure? I wondered if Joe was rested on Sunday with a view to keeping him fresh for the tougher games to come.
I think he is clear first choice now as he has that added zip to keep defenders guessing whereas Steeno is pretty predictable in that respect as he doesn't have the gas to zip past people now.
If I was defending against us I know who I would rather line up against.
Joe to start for certain in the semi should he be fit and if we win and he plays well he will surely keep his place for the final. Steenos experience off the bench seems a perfect scenario to me should it get tight late on.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:27
Thought Joe had picked up a minor knock and was rested
Great to have such a strong squad.....normally it is Hepburn Armand LCD and Henry to the fore in particular...interesting that in this game they could be brought off so early and loads of others stood up to the plate...Mooner getting a try, Ewers looking much more mobile as well as good in the tight, Tank and Steeno reminding us they have not retired/gone yet....Mitch looking better for a rest the list goes on....

blowing bubbles
blowing bubbles (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:36
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
Blackwater Tribe
Quote:
Viho
Quote:
PhilW2010

O/T I know, but given how we froze in our first Prem final - with Nowell one of the few to play anyway near his usual standard (and also one of the more experienced
member of the team, well used to the pressures involved), I expect Steeno to start in the final this year should we get there.
I am not so sure? I wondered if Joe was rested on Sunday with a view to keeping him fresh for the tougher games to come.
I think he is clear first choice now as he has that added zip to keep defenders guessing whereas Steeno is pretty predictable in that respect as he doesn't have the gas to zip past people now.
If I was defending against us I know who I would rather line up against.[u][/u]
Joe to start for certain in the semi should he be fit and if we win and he plays well he will surely keep his place for the final. Steenos experience off the bench seems a perfect scenario to me should it get tight late on.

Good arguments but the thing is, in a semi or a final where you simply need to win by a point with no capital to be gained in number of tries scored, would you want to be playing against Steeno's kicking record?

Wampum
Wampum (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 14:39
The way he kicked on Sunday its Steeno for me. The rest has done him a lot of good and his experience in semi's and finals will be vital.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net