rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
England Team for S.A
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 08:39
England squad to tour South Africa:

Backs: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Saracens)*, Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Danny Cipriani (Wasps), OwenFarrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks)*, Dan Robson (Wasps)*, Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens)*, Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Forwards: Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens)*, Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs)*, Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Brad Shields (Hurricanes/Wasps)*, Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Jack Willis (Wasps)*, Mark Wilson (Newcastle), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)

Well done Harry,Henry,Sam, Luke and Jonny,but sadly no Don.

danceswithsticks
Re: England Team for S.A
danceswithsticks (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 08:58
And no Jack Nowell?

Wampum
Wampum (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 09:16
Brad Shields is in - kick in the teeth for the other hopefulls. Robshaw in as well after the season Quins have had? Just don't get EJ any more, losing interest in England now.

Scuff
Scuff (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 09:27
Nowell, and a bunch of other big names, wasn't considered for selection. (from bbc)

Not considered for selection:

Backs: Danny Care (Harlequins), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints), Joe Marchant (Harlequins), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Semesa Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens)

Forwards: Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Tom Dunn (Bath Rugby), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Wasps), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), George Kruis (Saracens), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Will Spencer (Worcester Warriors), Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 10:21
Nowell deserves the summer off to be honest. Has had a heavy run with England and the Lions over the last few years during the summer. Give him a chance to recharge his batteries.

Extremely pleased for Jonny Hill.. Very well deserved...

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 10:28
Can't help thinking Dave Ewers is one of the only like-for-like replacements for Billy V. If you're going to build a game plan around Billy, why not try out Big Dave?

I'd love to see Cipriani and Slade in the same backline just once...

chiefs-fan85
Weegie Chief (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 11:10
Shame for Hepburn as well. Thought he has played himself into contention.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 12:19
Agree re heppers offers so much more than the penalty magnate Marler. Shame for Don but Jones and his merry men just donít think he is good enough !! Jones doesnít follow our selection policy of picking people in form !!

Scuff
Scuff (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 12:43
Would sooner pick someone who has never played a game in England, baffling. But from a selfish point of view, a fresh Don will be worth his substanial weight in gold again next season.

HonkyTonk
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 17:06
Quote:
Wampum
Brad Shields is in - kick in the teeth for the other hopefulls. Robshaw in as well after the season Quins have had? Just don't get EJ any more, losing interest in England now.

Robshaw is the one player of ours (Quins) that serves to still go, the others are very lucky. I have been calling for Armand to be in for a while, think it is very odd. I also wanted Woodburn in

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 07:08
Just a thought.. I wonder why Nowell was left out?!

It wonít be because he needs a break and I donít see what heís done wrong to drop down the pecking order..

I reckon he will be hurting to miss out while many of our other boys are going. For a while he was our sole representative.

I hope it really fires him up for the seni and hopefully final.

chiefswatcher
chiefswatcher (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 08:06
Quote:
Master Chief
It wonít be because he needs a break and I donít see what heís done wrong to drop down the pecking order..

I reckon he will be hurting to miss out while many of our other boys are going. For a while he was our sole representative.

Was in the 'Not considered' list. Someone mentioned that a niggling injury needed sorting.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 10:13
Quote:
chiefswatcher
Quote:
Master Chief

Was in the 'Not considered' list. Someone mentioned that a niggling injury needed sorting.

I read somewhere concussion.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:43
If itís concussion then he wouldnít be able to play in the semi surely?

Bovey Bridge
Bovey Bridge (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:25
According to BBC radio Devon Jack is having surgery in the Summer

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:39
Quote:
Master Chief
If itís concussion then he wouldnít be able to play in the semi surely?

Just what I read in a press release. Do you know he's playing in the semi? I'm working away so not keeping up with everything.

tulls
tulls (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 21:43
I'm sure I read somewhere about him needing at operation over the summer. Plus pending parenthood

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net