rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs end the season in first place....next up it's Falcons at Sandy Park for the Prem Semifinal.. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Flags
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 18:16
The Falcons Supporters Club is bringing a big bus full of nutters next weekend to join the fun, the longest bus journey we have ever run, beating the previous record (Llanelli) by about 15 miles. I am particularly chuffed as for one reason or another I have not been able to get to Sandy Park in previous seasons so this will be my first visit. Are flags allowed, and if so are there any limits to size or construction?

Hoping for a fun weekend whoever wins.
(Sm128)

MESSAGES->author
Re: Flags
fatheralice (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 18:41
As long as they have chiefs in big letters on them you can bring as many as you want!

Seriously, normal hand held ones are fine, I think the stadium rules preclude long flag poles that could be used as a weapon, but commonsense would prevail here I'm sure.
As long as it is not obstructive it will be welcome.

I'd expect there to be plenty of Exeter ones in or around your seat- we normally hand them out at the gate, or leave them in the stands for games like this

MESSAGES->author
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 19:30
Quote:
fatheralice
I'd expect there to be plenty of Exeter ones in or around your seat...

Seat?

Seat!

I am one of the great unwashed Father, I will be standing with the other plebs in the cheap bit at the side of the North Terrace.

Thanks for the info. We have only encountered stewards once who took one look at the magnificent creation that we carried & said 'Non!" They weren't actually French, I just added that to make the story a little more exotic, but you get the idea.

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 21:05
Hi Monkey, I'm a North terrace D Chief and can honestly say that as long as you're not North D you can bring as big a flag as you want.......... but seriously, on a sell out match we are pretty squeezed in at the North end (and the East Terrace) and you may find yourself in a place where you can hardly clap your hands let alone raise a large flag. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you off for the sake of being a miserable old (Sm72) but be aware that the bigger the flag, the more you'll be politely asked to fold it during the match. (Sm160)

MESSAGES->author
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 08:57
It is a super hi-tech collapsible flag Pingo, only deployed at the start of the game, when we score, and at the end, not during play.

Sounds like it could get a bit cosy in the terrace, so pints to be enjoyed before & after the game, not during. I can live with that.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 10:21
Monkey 1,

Sounds just the thing.... Bring your flag ... let's play some rugby ... Good Luck for next week, I'll look out for your flag

"Get on Exe"

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 18:13
Only going up twice then. (Sm128)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net