rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Heineken Champions Cup
Moorsman (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 11:38
From EPC site

Leinster Rugby, Saracens and Castres Olympique will be guaranteed top seedings when the pool draw for the Heineken Champions Cup takes place in Lausanne, Switzerland on Wednesday (20 June).

This key event at the iconic Olympic Museum will get underway with the draw for the 2018/19 Challenge Cup pools at 2.00pm (UK and Irish time) with the draw for the Champions Cup pools following immediately.

Both draws will be streamed live on www.epcrugby.com and on official tournament Facebook channels.

The event comperes will be Sarra Elgan (BT Sport) and Raphaël Ibañez (France Télévisions), with Dimitri Yachvili (beIN SPORTS) and Austin Healey (BT Sport) conducting the draws.

Twenty clubs from Gallagher Premiership Rugby, the Guinness PRO14 and the TOP 14 have qualified on merit for the Champions Cup. The clubs will be divided into four tiers of five and a preliminary draw will be conducted to establish Tier 1 with two of the three second-ranked clubs – Exeter Chiefs, Scarlets and Montpellier – joining Champions Cup and PRO14 winners, Leinster, Premiership winners, Saracens, and TOP 14 winners, Castres, in the top tier.

Once Tier 1 has been established, the remaining three tiers will fall into place. Tier 2 will include the three third-ranked clubs from the leagues – Wasps, Glasgow Warriors and Racing 92 – as well as the second-ranked club which was not drawn into Tier 1 and the fourth-ranked club from the same league as the club which was not drawn into Tier 1.

Tier 3 will include the two clubs ranked fourth which are not in Tier 2 as well as the three fifth-ranked clubs from each league – Leicester Tigers, Edinburgh Rugby and Toulouse.

Tier 4 is complete and contains the sixth-ranked clubs from each league – Bath Rugby, Challenge Cup winners, Cardiff Blues, and RC Toulon – as well as Ulster Rugby and Gloucester Rugby.

When the tiers are completed, the main draw for the five pools will be made, and during the draw, some clubs may have to be placed directly into a pool in order to ensure that the key principles apply.

Click HERE for a detailed explanation of the Heineken Champions Cup pool draw

Mike the shirt
Re: Heineken Champions Cup
Mike the shirt (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 16:24
As I sit here in a searingly hot Frejus, I muse about my preferred Heineken pool. I would wish for -. Munster + Toulouse + Edinburgh. Wishful thinking fueled by some rather good rose wine. Any better offers ?

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 17:06
Quote:
Mike the shirt
As I sit here in a searingly hot Frejus, I muse about my preferred Heineken pool. I would wish for -. Munster + Toulouse + Edinburgh. Wishful thinking fueled by some rather good rose wine. Any better offers ?

Frejus , lucky boy.

Moules, frites et pain français avec une bouteille de Chablis froid.

Paradis

boston chief
boston chief (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 07:55
I think we could do with avoiding Leinster this year. Not impossible though if we get unlucky with the draw for tier 1. Would love to go back to Toulon but I think Toulouse or Racing would be a good trip. Edinburgh rather than Glasgow for me. Whoever it is, bring it on!

boston chief
boston chief (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 07:56
Just noticed the draw is tomorrow - excited now!

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 08:32
1st July new kits unveiled, what colour will it be? doesn't seem long now.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 20:09
Quote:
clalan
1st July new kits unveiled, what colour will it be? doesn't seem long now.

I heard the European strip wouldn't be pink this year, so I'm going with green and black.

Home shirt, not much change, different sponsor patch I reckon.

boston chief
boston chief (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 14:23
So, it's off to Castres, Munster and Gloucester!

Mike the shirt
Mike the shirt (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 14:28
Castres in October and Munster in January will do for me.

HUGHVILLE
HUGHVILLE (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 15:00
Bath have Leinster/Wasps/Toulouse. The group of death makes a change as we usually get it

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 16:48
I know it's early but when will the dates/times of the games be confirmed.

Welsh Chief
Welsh Chief (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 19:21
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
I know it's early but when will the dates/times of the games be confirmed.

Seconded, I want to start looking into away trips!

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 21:40
Castres in October, I feel a road trip coming on!

Bag Inton
Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 08:38
EPCR tweeted yesterday (Weds) that dates would be out two weeks after the last of the 3 leagues announce their fixtures.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 10:16
Glaws should be relatively straightforward, Munster will be tough, Catres...don't know. Overall doable though.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 12:23
Quote:
ExTeddChief
Glaws should be relatively straightforward

Famous last words. I think they might be a different proposition this season.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 21:07
Is any game in the Champions Cup `relatively straightforward`.I dont think so.

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 10:28
Many thought that 1st match of last season at Glaws would be relatively straightforward and we all know what happened there.

Castres Top 14 winners will be no pushover.

Makes the pre season game at Munster very interesting.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 10:47
Hence the "relatively"...and Castres will also be tough...we'll see what happens.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 12:00
Quote:
Otter Supper
Many thought that 1st match of last season at Glaws would be relatively straightforward and we all know what happened there.
Castres Top 14 winners will be no pushover.

Makes the pre season game at Munster very interesting.

Will the pre-season game be going on now??

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net