rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Rimmer
fatheralice (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 06:56
Sad to read in TRP today that Rims has been forced to retire after his stroke in January.

Great servant who has got better and better over the years.
At least he is healthy as things could have been far worse.

Good luck for your retirement, and in your new career Carl, and thanks for the memories

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 06:56 by fatheralice.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Rimmer
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 08:04
+1
Always liked watching Carl play,all the best for the future Carl.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 10:38
+2
Nice bloke and although not a star ... The team never looked weaker when he was on .... Proper club player
Good luck for the future big fella

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 11:46
Good luck with whatever you do Carl, a real gent and great clubman.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 15:03
Proud to watch Carl play. Not just a class play but a class gent off the pitch.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 19:11
What a shame simply a great club man 100% effort and one of very best scrummagers- he will be missed.

Just goes to show what a tough game this is - a legend thanks Carl and very best wishes for the future.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 21:01
Gutted for him and personally a bit disappointed to read this in the paper first rather than having the club make announcement first.
His attitude to this massive setback has been first class and the best of luck to him in his future.

OggyMan
OggyMan (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 17:56
Thanks Carl for your massive contribution to rugby at Exeter Chiefs. Will always remember you cutting a great angle and crashing over for a try against ??? I am sure someone will remind me who the oppo were.

Best wishes for your new career

Oggy

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 20:16
Great memory away to Connacht, late in the evening after the game, on a Chiefs boys night out there were Rimmer and Scaysbrook deep in conversation, oblivious to all the mayhem going on all around them! Great times,good luck Rimmer.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 22:51
Quote:
OggyMan
Thanks Carl for your massive contribution to rugby at Exeter Chiefs. Will always remember you cutting a great angle and crashing over for a try against ??? I am sure someone will remind me who the oppo were.
Best wishes for your new career

Oggy

Presenting for his forwards

http://u.cubeupload.com/browneyes/rimmer.jpg

Seany_Boy0511
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 11:50
From a Sarries fan, best wishes to Carl and his family, what a truly shocking way to end a career, but I guess his health has to come first, I have enjoyed watching him over the past 6 years, all the best for another close season

broadwaychief
broadwaychief (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 17:44
The wifes fave chief after stopping for a chat with her on the High Street last pre-season.......

& as for the Kai & Rims show at Steeno & Friends - priceless !!!

Good luck with the future Carl, wishing you the very best

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 20:20
Great servant and 110% trier, allways giving his best when I have seen him. Very best of luck in whatever you do Carl to you and your family.

MESSAGES->author
22 July, 2018 16:00
I always looked forward to watching Carl, usually from the bench. The scrum was never weakened and he made an impact around the park.

Good luck for the future Carl.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
22 July, 2018 16:05
Just a thought: Could'nt the club do a fund raiser in some way for Carl. Northampton and Leicester have agreed to play at Twickers which will raise cash for Rob Horne.

Ideas?

We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 18:49
Well Done PD

This has been niggling me hard over the last few weeks ....

The big question for me, was why was no one suggesting we do something for him as such a great team player and good buhy.

I'll gladly go to a specified event to mark Carl's great contribution to the team or pay an extra match day fee on my season ticket ... the club can make this happen and we don't know what arrangements they have made with Carl... but nothing has come out yet.

I don't want to upset anybody in the club and was aware of sensitivities when we did Blue Feathers tribute ..but we should / must do something.

"Get on Exe"

MESSAGES->author
22 July, 2018 20:52
Thanks CCC. Could I ask any posters who have contacts at the club to raise this suggestion?

I will gladly do whatever I am asked to do if it helps Carl.

We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot. 2018

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 10:28
What about donating the money from the per season game to Carl

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 18:38
Very sad to here that Carl has had to retire.
A decent bloke who I've had the pleasure of meeting and known. It would be a fabulous gesture if the club were to arrange something for him or maybe even a bucket collection at the ground?

I drink and forget stuff!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net