rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Jehovas Sandals
Pirates Friday.... Blues Saturday?
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 19:42
Anyone have an idea as to why this has come about?
When I saw we had Pirates away I was looking for a weekend away and then saw we were playing Cardiff the day after??
There's obviously a logical reason for this but I'm @#$%& if I can work it out.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Pirates Friday.... Blues Saturday?
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 22:09
It'll likely be an academy/fringe team going down to Cornwall and the senior team playing the following day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2018 22:10 by Tom A Hawk.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 08:04
My son and I were saying the same thing last night Tom.
Seems logical

I drink and forget stuff!

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 11:21
The 40+ players in our first 15 squad will all need game time in pre season so those that don't play on Friday will play Saturday.
I imagine this is going to be quite a big event for the Pirates even though it's a friendly and I would expect that some of our former Cornish boys and ex Pirates players will be keen to play in this game and we would be keen to repay the Pirates for helping to develop as well as looking after our younger players that have been on dual reg terms down there.
I personally would expect a strong but different line up for each day/game

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 15:11
Add into this the Somerset v Essex cricket at Taunton on the Sunday. If I attend all these, I'll not only do a lot of travelling, but also be liable to considerable confusion. Imagine the shame if I shout 'owzat' when our full back catches the ball or, worse still, 'knock on' when there's a misfield!

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 20:50
Guess we will have to wait and see.

Just been looking on the Pirates site and tickets for the Chiefs game are currently available for purchase so its not sold out yet.

[cornishpirates.cloudvenue.co.uk]

It is noticeable that on their website that two of the three pictures on the main page of their website are of the Chiefs vs Pirates matches.

Jockanory
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 18:03
Just in case word hasn't reached the 'tribe' tomorrow nights match has sold out. The Pirates have announced this afternoon that the game will now be streamed live via their facebook page. Full details are on the club website.
Really looking forward to the game, a warm welcome will be awaiting anyone, making the trip down west.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net