rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Brent1
Wasps v Chiefs
Brent1 (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 13:37
Good game
Townsend needs to get the ball away quicker and box kick more accurately
Dollman doing well
Simmo tackling well and Kev great over the ball
We miss Lees, Hill and Skins in 2nd row..come on big Toby...no more knock ons
Good feet Santi !
Ref has been fair...should penalise drama queen Robson next time !

Brent1
Re: Wasps v Chiefs
Brent1 (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 13:39
We do need to catch restarts....and Ollie D needs to get lower in attack..
Keep the faith hopefully they'll tire

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 14:27
I had no idea they changed the off side laws for this season.......There ainít any!

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 14:38
Loved the way that Sir was being lauded at half time then didn't give us much second half bar the Cuthbert (dubious....) turnover which could have been the most significant of the match.
Bonus point win at Wasps without playing particularly well and lots to work on in the review, good work lads

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 14:41
Fair play Chiefs, Leicester were off form but wasps were OK and we dealt with both...
Good to see Cuthbery getting involved....4 world class wingers....4 world class centres....interesting selections coming up !

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 14:43
Two bonus point wins against two top 5 sides last season. Iíll take that. The kicking was a bit aimless first half bu tightened up in the second. To keep the ball in the dying minutes and deny them a losing bonus point was class! Thought Cuthbert did enough to get a start next week.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:20
Fantastic.... Very happy with that win.
Thought we lived a bit dangerous at times and I was getting frustrated at Townshends slow distribution.
Simmonds is a machine.... He's learnt a lot from Toots.
Cordero made some great runs and his try was well deserved. Dolly continues to impress..... we really do have some talented boys in our squad and our game is very productive.
A 5 point win away at Wasps and denying them a lbp isn't too shabby at all........ although I expect RB and the coaches will point out that we can improve.
Well done Ex

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
08 September, 2018 15:24
Happy with that. Not a faultless performance by any means but a great away win none the less.

(Sm152)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:26
Great result. We did give away at lest four penalties and a free kick at the scrum.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:33
Agree about Townsend, too slow too often allowed defenders to put pressure on him and we lost the ball a few times. The most frustrating thing by far though is when we keep the ball in the maul after the ref has called once and then twice.

On the positive though, we werenít at our best and we still got 5 points away from home. Cordero was a handful all game, and Kvesic and Simmonds were excellent again.

And we are blessed for options in the centre. In his post match Hepher mentioned that we still have Hill to come back. But I really do hope we can find some game time for Campo, he could be a real game changer.

Looking forward to next week and hopefully another home win. Would be good to see Dennis and Ewers come into the squash or one of Lawday or Freeman given a shot. I feel we could do with that extra bit if physicality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 15:35 by Master Chief.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:35
Their first two tries very soft, the first individual skill, the second tad fortunate.
The guys did brilliantly to work hard to get back in it.
What a change in Wade, no longer a show pony, running in tries when Wasps are on top, he looked more rounded, and maybe ahead of May for England if that continues.
Their pack has improved and got rather heavier, IMHO Johnson should be serving a ban, but the lawyers decided that.
Wasps looked superb at times they're missing props but we are missing a few in the pack as well.
They as we, will hopefully be near the top at the end.

Well played both Teams, great game, but we just squeezed it.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 19:46
A good performance and full credit to Salmon and Atkins very much our second string. Both have stepped up and performed brilliantly against two strong first up teams.

I know a recurring theme but just how good is Don another impressive performance such a great leader and role model for our younger players.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 20:14
Good win, and even better to get the full 5pts, yet still with lots of areas to work on.

The pressure Wasps managed to put on our 9s was a real nuisance. Imagine Nic White would have struggled too, but did think having Maunder start and Stu off the bench may have worked out better today, as Townsend is maybe not so suited to a fast paced game. Shame Jack has been so short of game time, so it was nice to see him finally get a run out.

It will be good to get the reinforcements back assuming all come through unscathed tomorrow. We missed Moon's solidity in the scrum today I think, and Ewers or Dennis's power through the middle. That said, 10pts from 2 games means the incumbents will be hard to oust!

Hope Skinner's injury is not too serious. He is becoming a key part of our team, and offers something different to our normal locks, as well as they did today

wombles222
wombles222 (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 07:56
From a Wasp well played to your lads, composure at the right times to see the game out when up until the last 3 minutes it could of gone either way. You will be pushing hard for the title again this season. Although i am dissapointed we lost, yesterday has given me far more hope than previous seasons as it demonstrated evolution of our style and improvement in our strength. We are a work in progess, but attacking side apart we stalled horribly last year and our defensive soft underbelly cost us time and time again, it cost us the knockout rounds in Europe and a home semi final in the league. Yesterday was a demonstration of that changing as normally you do your thing and we cannot stop you, yesterday was far different, and it felt like green shoots were evident that we can take the next step were there at last!

Good luck for the season, i shall look forward to tilting a jar with you all at Sandy Park.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 10:17
Cheers Wombles.... Gotta agree about the game going either way..... It was there for the taking. Sometimes we (I) in particular don't give our boys enough credit for how good they are or indeed how good they could be. An away win anywhere in the Premiership is precious..... A 5 point win is literally a bonus and from our viewpoint denying you a lbp is the cherry on top.
I'm sure your boys will be up there challenging, good luck for the season and enjoy your trip to SP but hopefully not too much!

I drink and forget stuff!

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 12:41
Our defence was iffy to start with but still ultimately turned into one hell of a match and back to back WBPs - can't ask for more! smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 17:27
Quote:
fatheralice

Hope Skinner's injury is not too serious. He is becoming a key part of our team, and offers something different to our normal locks, as well as they did today

I saw him at Sandy Park today, with his foot in a support boot.

alcovwasp
alcovwasp (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 18:30
Wasps fan in peace, cracking game which could have gone either way, one question though, there seemed to be a lot less chiefs supporters there than usual? I'd have thought that a Saturday game would have been easier for you guys to get to. Just wondered if there was a reason for staying away or is it just early season, people skint after holidays etc..

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:03
Quote:
alcovwasp
Wasps fan in peace, cracking game which could have gone either way, one question though, there seemed to be a lot less chiefs supporters there than usual? I'd have thought that a Saturday game would have been easier for you guys to get to. Just wondered if there was a reason for staying away or is it just early season, people skint after holidays etc..

Speaking Personaly, in no particular order,
early in the season so hasn't got that must win feel and not had much chance to sort plans with friends on the terrace, on TV so good coverage available, 7hr round trip, and have a few away games coming up, including trips abroad, so harder to justify the outlay.

In hindsight, should have gone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net