rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Comanche Chief
Team annoucement Chiefs v Sale
Comanche Chief (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnDPPMZW4AIC4vh.jpg

Comanche Chief
Re: Team Annoucement Chiefs v Sale
14 September, 2018 12:11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnDL9nzX4AAxLoR.jpg

Comanche Chief
Re: Team annoucement Chiefs v Sale
14 September, 2018 12:13
Two ex Chiefs players in Sale's team for tomorrow.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:51
Let's hope we've learnt from last time how dangerous chips over the outside to 'Barry' are.

I see Jonny Hill is straight back into a starting 15.

Young Maunder at 9, even younger Maunder on the bench. Hopefully this will show how us how they compare, after much chat about how talented Sam is. Great opportunity for him.

Never under-estimate Sale.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 16:43
Good team and some positive changes. But why do Nowell and Hill walk back into the team while others like Campo and Freeman have to graft it out for the Braves, play well and not get a shot. Yes they’re different positions, I’m just illustrating the point. Credit in the bank over form?

Excited that Maunder is back and partnering young Simmonds.. two Maunders, two Simmonds!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 17:03
Bit surprised that Jack Norwell and Johnny Hill have got a starting spot. Did Whitts get injured last week?
Good to see Jack maunder get a spot. I think Joe Simmonds is a good call too.
Dangerous to underestimate any side, Sale pose a real threat and we know what they can do.
Here's to a good game and another victory.

I drink and forget stuff!

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 17:20
Quote:
Master Chief
Good team and some positive changes. But why do Nowell and Hill walk back into the team while others like Campo and Freeman have to graft it out for the Braves, play well and not get a shot. Yes they’re different positions, I’m just illustrating the point. Credit in the bank over form?

One could also ask what Whits has done wrong to be left out completely.

In my opinion the coaches are looking forward to making a bigger impact in Europe this year and are trying to rotate the squad in order to give the maximum number of players good game time to ensure that we have a strong squad available. We now have a group of players, the majority of whom have been together for a good time, who are therefore able to be mixed and matched whilst being able to carry out the same game plan.

Quote:
Master Chief
Excited that Maunder is back and partnering young Simmonds.. two Maunders, two Simmonds!

Is this the 1st time that Chiefs have had 2 pairs of brothers in the match day squad? We've had the Simmonds brothers and in past years 2 generations of the Baxter brothers. All locally grown.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 19:32
Did the Fatialofas play in the same side as the Baxters?

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 20:04
Quote:
Poking With Sticks

Almost certainly.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 20:58
Bar Skinner it is the starting pack. The only back that will run straight is Devoto, he is going to have a lot of hard work to do, with no centre on the bench.

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 21:04
Quote:

Pws & GJ, I'd forgotten about Junior and Mark but can only find references to Mark, Junior and Richie playing together, not a comprehensive result from Google but no reason to doubt that Rob was also involved in matches with them.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 07:34
Quote:
mommentum
Bar Skinner it is the starting pack. The only back that will run straight is Devoto, he is going to have a lot of hard work to do, with no centre on the bench.

We are well known for moving players to new positions, with his bulk and power don't be surprised if Alex Cuthbert appears at centre, by what i've seen he could fit in there quite well.
Young and very mobile side today, good chance to get game time for some.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 08:57
Quote:
clalan
Quote:
mommentum

We are well known for moving players to new positions, with his bulk and power don't be surprised if Alex Cuthbert appears at centre, by what i've seen he could fit in there quite well.
Young and very mobile side today, good chance to get game time for some.

Jack often covers outside centre and 15, both him and Henry can run straight and hard when required....dolly also covers centre..so all good !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net