rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

CullyChief
Injury cover
CullyChief (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:15
[url=http://[www.dailymail.co.uk]]Baxter looking for cover[/url]

The Mail has Rob looking for injury cover, potentially from the Currie Cup teams. Hopefully my attempt at a link works!

Jehovas Sandals
Re: Injury cover
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:11
Rob looking at guys out of contract seeing who's available..... Makes sense. Bringing in a quality lock and No8 that have played at the highest level as injury cover gets my backing.
And your link worked fine Cully Chief smiling smiley

I drink and forget stuff!

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 07:53
I think we need at least one quality player, although there arenít many about.

Amanaki Mafi would be a good addition and knows the Prem but looking through the squads for the Currie Cup and Mitre 10 here arenít many others...

I see that Fifita was in a squad and Luke Whitelock also but might be hard to prise them away in World Cup year.

Other possibilities could be Akira Ioane and Dan du Preez but they play in the same teams as their brothers.

Roelof Smit is also a good player but is an out-and-out 6 and night harbour ambitions do break into the South Africa squad.

torchief
torchief (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 13:56
amanaki does not seem like a Rob Baxter type player, been in the headlines for fighting with team mates. He might have a little too much baggage for Rob. I agree we need some cover although in truth whilst resources are currently lighter than we would like there are still lots of potentials to step up.

Personally I am hoping to see Rus Tuima in the Anglo Welsh and see if he makes the step up, still only a youngster but from my understanding very highly rated and described for England under 18s last year as a Vunipola with wheels.

So in the back row we have ewers, kvesic, armand, dennis, lawday...

Add to that McRae, Freeman, Capstick, Onehunga Kaufisi.
The cupboard is not empty.

Second row Skinner, Dennis, Atkins, van der SLuys, Salmon, Lonsdale and Caulfield.

I am sure if we do bring people in they will be very high level......

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:34
Don't forget big Mitch !

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:39
There most be some very good Young French players that can't get near their first team for all the South Africans

torchief
torchief (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:28
Gosh your right I did forget big Mitch hopefully he is nearly back to full fitness.

I am sure when he is fully fit it he will be in the 23.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 01:10
Injury cover needed now more than ever. And front-line cover at that!

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 13:25
Thereís a decent player who plays at 8 that would be useful on a temporary contract. Would probably fit in to our set up easily. Known to some as Toot Toot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net