rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Further to "A realisation."
07 October, 2018 16:31
Thanks to TAH and JS for their comments on my previous post. I have now decided not to comment on other clubs forums irrespective of whether said forums are being abusive, derigotary or just plain idiotic or untrue when it comes to Chiefs matters.
However I feel amongst friends on this forum (I do upset people from time to time) so I will continue to discuss other teams and their supporters comments without intruding on their oh so precious sites where no-one is allowed to comment on their "Destruction of Chiefs."
We are a very succesful club at present and in the black with regard to balancing the books. We are on top of the Premiership. We win trophies. Our success is built upon honest, ethical and long term standards. At some time in the future our success Will diminish. That is the nature of all sport.
For now I'll revel in our success and let the silly, illogical comments about Chiefs winning style of play on other forums fester in their own mire.

COME ON CHIEFS!!!

(Sm83)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Broken arrow
Re: Further to "A realisation."
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:43
I totally agree, having also been sucked in to commenting on a certain clubs forum, it has made me realise just how good, knowledgable and informative a forum we have at Chiefs. In future I will stick to reading our own site.

MESSAGES->author
07 October, 2018 17:18
Yes Broken Arrow I have the bad habit of getting "sucked in", "rising to the bait" etc.
Not anymore. Onwards and upwards!

smileys with beer

We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:00
Beau Nash aka ballsout seems to have gone missing on this site since the win over Bath

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:20
Jealousy and envy is a strange beast SPD, it just ain’t worth bothering.

Is it sheer coincidence that our great rivals and friends over at Sarries, who have also come in for similar treatment, seem to be the best of the bunch.

MESSAGES->author
07 October, 2018 19:33
Good point Chiefs. I've never had anything but friendly discussion from North London.

(Sm42)

We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot. 2018

big chopper
big chopper (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:22
I read on the Wasps forum after the Bath game from someone that “Exeter used to be their 2nd team”. But they are slowly going off our “boring” rugby.

Give me our “boring” against their gung ho style of losing any day of the week......

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:49
It's an inevitable consequence of success. We're no longer, cuddly, plucky, eccentric or quaint.

We're a regular bum pain for those who have a right to pontificate because they have an illustrious history at the top of the pile.

Who cares? If you do you shouldn't, and when we are (inevitably) less successful than currently don't rise to their inevitable gloating, just know that we will rise again.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 21:10
Always have been proud of Exeter Rugby club, in the future when we lose our healthy run, I shall still be proud.
I know where we came from, and I am enjoying what we are building under our own steam, sensibly.
Others can moan, I have also tried to put a balanced reply on sites, but let their one eyed rant of the billionaire clubs continue, but it does seem to be our more local clubs that are the most bitter, oh and another that sent themselves to Coventry. But many boards are balanced, we all have trolls, some more than others.

Dave Berko
Dave Berko (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 06:07
Please reconsider SPD. Your comments are appreciated by us Sarries. Always agree? Probably not. But that's why forums exist IMHO. I've also been on the receiving end of said from Baths lack of intelligence and insight!! Mind not many barf fans seem too happy with him!! As you know we've 'been there' re boring. Now we're boring because we win!! FWIW you're my 2nd favourite team. BW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 06:08 by Dave Berko.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 10:56
In fairness, we’ve had it on this forum, where a supporter of another club has posted in one of the Tribe topics and we all get upset by the fact they’re posting on ‘our’ forum, and that what they say isn’t in praise of the Chiefs.

We therefore can’t expect Bath supporters to react any differently, when a Chiefs supporter posts on a Bath forum in similar circumstances. It’s just one aspect of internet forums.

Anyway, now this site is back up and running (what happened?), I’ve come on here quite disappointed that the hypocrite BO hadn’t come out from under his bridge at Bath onto this site and compliment Chiefs on running in 4 long range tries at fortress Wreck, with running scores from a scrum half, a back rower, a centre and a wing, when all we can do apparently is maul boring short range tries with the forwards.

There’s still time though I suppose.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 11:56
You'll not see Ballsout Tribester..... He's safely tucked up under his bridge!
And I wonder what our friends over on the Wasps forum thought of our boring lo g range 4 trys at Bath???

I drink and forget stuff!

emohawk
emohawk (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:43
When I added a light hearted comment on the Barf site I got pecked by someone called Sid the Seagull so be warned!

MESSAGES->author
12 October, 2018 12:47
Quote:
Dave Berko
Please reconsider SPD. Your comments are appreciated by us Sarries. Always agree? Probably not. But that's why forums exist IMHO. I've also been on the receiving end of said from Baths lack of intelligence and insight!! Mind not many barf fans seem too happy with him!! As you know we've 'been there' re boring. Now we're boring because we win!! FWIW you're my 2nd favourite team. BW

Much appreciated Dave. (Sm128)

We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 13:10
Quote:
clalan
Always have been proud of Exeter Rugby club, in the future when we lose our healthy run, I shall still be proud.
I know where we came from, and I am enjoying what we are building under our own steam, sensibly.
Others can moan, I have also tried to put a balanced reply on sites, but let their one eyed rant of the billionaire clubs continue, but it does seem to be our more local clubs that are the most bitter, oh and another that sent themselves to Coventry. But many boards are balanced, we all have trolls, some more than others.

Chiefs fans always stand by their team, I remember many years ago, in the days of Maunder & Green, Trevor Harris, Cathery, Bess brothers etc... being as proud as can be after just losing 76-0 at Leicester! For 20 minutes we were awesome !

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 19:00
Better to be respected then likeable losers

MESSAGES->author
12 October, 2018 19:26
Wasps losing at HT and already it seems on their forum that its the refs/officials fault.

I'm not posting on their site though.

(Sm30)

We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 20:56
SPD. You are teasing yourself. Stop peeping! 🙈 (all those numbers are meant to be a monkey - see no evil)
Tough night for Wasps. Certainly didn’t have rub of the green but that just made for a heavier defeat than would have been. Munster stood up well to Leinster last week. With tough conditions tomorrow...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 21:01 by Currychief.

MESSAGES->author
12 October, 2018 21:09
Quote:
Currychief
SPD. You are teasing yourself. Stop peeping! 🙈 (all those numbers are meant to be a monkey - see no evil)
Tough night for Wasps. Certainly didn’t have rub of the green but that just made for a heavier defeat than would have been. Munster stood up well to Leinster last week. With tough conditions tomorrow...

thumbs down

We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot. 2018

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 08:49
Looks like wasps need a plan b

T Youngs won 6 turnovers, but there is a difference in getting the ball that lets you play sevens rugby, and winning a penalty against a reset defence

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net