rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jehovas Sandals
Caste v Chiefs
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:30
19 all at ht.
Chiefs raced into a 14 point lead only to get pulled back to 19-14.
Steeno with a proper charge down and great finish to level it.
Castre are very strong at the ruck.... Townshend is slow distributing.
Castre have a man red carded for a shoulder to LCD jaw.
Keep it calm, do the basics and we win this....fingers crossed

I drink and forget stuff!

Brent1
Re: Caste v Chiefs
Brent1 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:26
Ferkin lineout again

Jehovas Sandals
20 October, 2018 13:30
Final score 29-25....LBP but not good enough boys.
Slade gets a yellow for a push in the back as they kick forward.... Ball looked to be going dead.... Did Henry take one for the team perhaps?
Credit to Castre..... 14 men for a long period.
We gave away too many pens.... Slow at ruck and breakdown
Entertaining game all the same and the boys gave their all....... Just not good enough I'm afraid

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:32
Well I can have a @#$%& up in Munster, another euro failure. But that shows how far we need to grow.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:34
Injuries or not we should have won that game.
Well played Castres but that was not clever from us. We went off script and there was some really dull play from some of our senior players. There were some big plusses but it just reinforces my view that we are not clever enough (certainly with playing Sir) or streetwise enough to be competitive in Europe at the moment. It may come but we are not there at the moment.
We can't blame Lacey either as I thought he was excellent tbh. Never thought I would say that.....! Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2018 13:35 by Zyder head.

MESSAGES->author
Flying Pasty (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:41
I agree. Still possible to get out of the group but now incredibly hard. RB challenged the boys to crank it up and we’ve come up short. No lack of effort but still not where we need to be to challenge in this tournament. Can’t help but think we need more depth in the second row as line outs continue to fail. Small margins but every game is a cup match.

MESSAGES->author
20 October, 2018 13:59
Win the last four games and we go through. Simple innit!?

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
20 October, 2018 14:27
ps. There WERE a few dodgy decisions against us today.

Do we ;

a) Require the game to be replayed.

b) Communicate to Bruce that he is a spoilt, childlike !@#$%^.

If you answer a) please find psychiatric help immediately.

(Sm106)

We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:40
Defensively we were poor today, we should never have been level at half time. Line outs are a mess, not sure if that is poor throwing or bad jumping. Knowing how good they were at the breakdown, why did we keep taking it into contact without proper support. A few good points but simply not good enough.

MESSAGES->author
20 October, 2018 16:04
Quote:
Broken arrow
Defensively we were poor today, we should never have been level at half time. Line outs are a mess, not sure if that is poor throwing or bad jumping. Knowing how good they were at the breakdown, why did we keep taking it into contact without proper support. A few good points but simply not good enough.

Yep. Agreed. thumbs down

We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 16:41
JackN is a club legend but you don’t keep on scrambling when you gav3 obviously been tackled....too many times we threw away good momentum as @ result of very poor decisions like that.. not good enough.
We are also missing Woodburn, particularly in the air

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 21:52
How the hell did we throw that one away? Discipline was the worst I've seen for ages. Credit to Rcastre for the result but even assuming we do the double over Glaws and see off Castres on our turf....not sure that's going to be enough.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 22:24
Quote:
Zyder head

Injuries?? (Sm22) These days given what other clubs regularly go through, your team may as well have been first choice.

Shame about your loss today.

MESSAGES->author
21 October, 2018 09:35
Losing a game when playing well is fair game and probably relatively satisfying.
There is nothing worse than losing a game when you play badly and you know you could have won.
Really deflating and Euros feel like dead rubbers now.
Positively - Tom Lawday looked very very promising - well done Tom.

ps Was BT commentary just talking up Castres all the time - Nick Kennedy in particular.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 09:37
According to TRP we gave away 15 penalties, it seemed like a lot more to me. Our efforts at the breakdown were awful, either giving them penalties or getting turned over. This seems to be a theme in our European matches, different referees to what we get in the Premiership interpreting our play differently? Caste certainly played the ref far better than we did!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 11:40
With ball in hand, Lawday was dangerous, BUT, defensively I thought he was poor, missing too many soft tackles, Simmonds was missed big time yesterday.

Jehovas Sandals
21 October, 2018 11:47
We can't keep saying we missed this player or that player.
It's time we learned to deal with these situations.
We are just not good enough at that level.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 15:07
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Zyder head

Injuries?? (Sm22) These days given what other clubs regularly go through, your team may as well have been first choice.

Shame about your loss today.

@#$%&, I don’t have a “total dickhead” emoji.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 16:58
Once again, apologies from COML for this intrusive and egregious post by ballsout!

PG

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 17:10
You’re quite right JS, recent games have highlighted that our “strength in depth” isn’t as good as we thought, yes, when it comes to centres and wingers, we are certainly blessed, but so much of our game revolves around the pack, and without a few key players we simply do not compete at the top level. A hooker who can throw in might help too ! Losing Parling and Waldron without replacing them with proven players has hurt us.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net