rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Delboy92
England side v All Blacks
Delboy92 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 11:37
England: Elliot Daly; Chris Ashton, Henry Slade, Ben Te'o, Jonny May; Owen Farrell (co-captain), Ben Youngs; Ben Moon, Dylan Hartley (co-captain), Kyle Sinckler, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Brad Shields, Sam Underhill, Mark Wilson.

Replacements: Jamie George, Alec Hepburn, Harry Williams, Charlie Ewels, Courtney Lawes, Danny Care, George Ford, Jack Nowell.

Poking With Sticks
Re: England side v All Blacks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 11:51
Our 'Enry seems to be getting a bit of a panning on a lot of forums for the last game. I thought his performance was mostly positive. It would be nice to see what he could do behind a dominant pack.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 13:26
Would have preferred Ben and Harry starting together.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 14:38
Sinckler was the weakness in the scrum against SA, but he is good in broken play. Moon has the power to stand up to the ABs pack, but his partner hopefully will have a better game.

chiefswatcher
chiefswatcher (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 16:40
England's wingers are going to be roasted if England:

a) defend tight as has been the case in recent Tests. Even with May's pace - which is considerable and
b) kick down the throats of the best counter-attacking side in the world.

Farrell's task is considerable - he needs to find grass or good long touch rather than AB players. The scrum-half box kicks have to give the chasing players a decent chance of tackling the catcher as soon as he hits the ground. (Not worth competing in the air nowadays).

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 22:20
Disappointed to see Jack dropped but I suppose it's a positive move for Ashton's pace and attacking prowess over Jacks reliability and defence.
Mooner deserves his start and Heppers might be better off the bench with fresh legs in the last 30. I would have thought the same really with Harry starting and then Sinckler off the bench as an impact sub?
When England got the ball second half I thought Henry did well.
The player that needs to improve this week is Daly at FB.
He looked a poor imitation of Mike Brown last week,butchering overlaps, which was Browns speciality,but being much less reliable than Brown in the air! I still think Daly is a centre personally and would much rather have seen Brown there for his reliability as the lesser of two evils.....

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 09:42
The Times today is suggesting that Nowell on the bench is a reaction to the way the ABs tend to win games in the last 20. Eddie wants to bring on an additional 2nd row and someone like Jack to shut the game down.

MESSAGES->author
Brave new world (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:00
Edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 12:09 by Brave new world.

MESSAGES->author
Brave new world (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:08
What if the game is already lost?

When Farrell took a knock in the 2nd half last week. Henry stepped in as fly half for a couple of minutes and got the backs moving. I think he had a good game personally, what he needed was more ball in hand.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 15:50
Not wishing to sound defeatist but I think we shall do well to keep the AB's in sight.
Yes we can upset them but I'm not sure we have enough to beat them..... Hope I'm proven wrong.
Good on Mooner getting a deserved start.

I drink and forget stuff!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net