rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Zyder head
Quins
Zyder head (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 20:05
Not quite going to plan.....
Lots to work on,only positive at half time is that we are still in it.
Significant moment, the clear no release by Brown on winning that penalty when we would surely have scored outside him. On another day a different referee and that is a penalty and possible yellow card against Brown BUT we wouldn't have deserved it to be honest.
We can play a lot better and still do this so Cmon Exe

Currychief
Re: Quins
Currychief (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 20:09
35% possession. Fair play to the Quins defence that is making it so difficult. We need to raise the intensity of our own defence.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 20:10
18 missed tackles and a total lack of invention going forward sums it up for me ! Let’s hope we wake up in 2nd half.

MESSAGES->author
Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 20:35
Not looking good

MESSAGES->author
Brave new world (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 20:59
2 points is good enough for me away from home.

MESSAGES->author
Brave new world (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 20:59

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:06
Double bubble bonus.
One bonus point would have been lucky but 2 points was jackpot time thanks to Whitts.
We never gave up but in truth I can't remember a poorer performance for quite some time.
Should we be worried short term as we didn't play well tonight, last week,or the week before and yes we will have our international players back but momentum is a big thing in rugby and we won't take any into next week.
A big training week looms you feel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2018 21:07 by Zyder head.

chieftain
Chieftain (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:07
Quote:
Brave new world
I agree Quinn’s deserved that. Did not like Cares petulance which cost them penalties so good karma. Well played Quinn’s.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:07
Nope, we didnt wake up ! To be fair, Quins deserved the win and to be brutally honest, our team tonight just wasn’t good enough. Take it on the chin, move on, and well done Harlequins.

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:09
Fair play to Quins. They put in a solid shift and we're rewarded for it.

Credit to Whitts for our 2 points! Brilliant!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:11
I'm not totally disappointed with that.
Still top of the league and it gave Quins a cup final atmosphere! This will kick us on I'm sure.
We have some strong boys to come back..... Little ole team from Devon are doing just fine

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:19
Had to lose at some time, we keep giving teams a head start and then try to play catch up. Hopefully a strong week in training and our internationals to re appear in the starting squad. Two points in the bag but fully expect Warriors to leapfrog us now.
Credit to Quin's.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:29
Agree best team won. Once again mistakes a plenty restarts poor.
Zero creativity outside and looked off the pace.
Can’t understand Kev substitution as our best player at tackle and breakdown.
Disappointed with weakness of ref giving warning after warning but overall result was correct.

Still a bit surprised with team selection but I suppose next week’s game is probably the biggest this season so far.

MESSAGES->author
Flying Pasty (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 21:31
The result reflects the team selection so we’ve no right to moan. 2 BP is more than we deserve and, as above, I can’t remember a worse overall performance. Shame to lose momentum but if we do the double over Glos with 5 pointers then no one will really care. Time will tell.....

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 22:28
Oh dear. To be fair, I thought you competed quite well to be honest. Quins just too good, even if they were missing loads of players. Sure you’ll improve in time.

tulls
tulls (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 22:31
Did Ewers look like he had an injury to his left arm just before quins final try? He was holding it and trying to tackle?

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 22:38
Quote:
ballsout
Oh dear. To be fair, I thought you competed quite well to be honest. Quins just too good, even if they were missing loads of players. Sure you’ll improve in time.

LMFAO....... Troll back under your bridge knob head!

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 22:49
Quote:
tulls
Did Ewers look like he had an injury to his left arm just before quins final try? He was holding it and trying to tackle?

I thought he'd broken something as he wrapped his arm in his shirt to give it some support, so was only able to offer a one armed tackle which wasn't enough. However, after a bit of treatment, he stayed on.

When I saw Quins team sheet I thought 'that's a strong side, why are they so far down the league then?' Then I checked the league, and saw they were fifth, so doing very well already.

Quins certainly upped their intensity and line speed and deserved it.

With their line speed we really needed a Henry or Devo 2nd play maker from the start.

They kept playing for the full 80, which earnt us, what I thought was an unreachable two points. Well done Whits!

Well played Quins.

ps
Don't rise to the trolls.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 22:57
Well done Quins .. well won .
RB im sure will have no complaints over which side came out on top.
Good to see a good game and have to say that Ian Tempest did well

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 23:11
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Quote:
ballsout

LMFAO....... Troll back under your bridge knob head!

All I said was I thought Exeter competed quite well. And they did.

And hey, if I need to get to sleep tonight I’ll put on a repeat of the Exeter try scoring machine picking and going from 1 yard out for literally. every. single. score. That’ll do the trick.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net