rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Look on the bright side
Brave new world (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 16:13
You could have been sat in the pouring rain getting soaked for 40 mins and not seen a single point. #Bath

Jehovas Sandals
Re: Look on the bright side
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 16:50
But to the local fraternity that's better than 2 or 3 multi phase close range trys or a couple of rolling mauls over the line..... To them that's way too boring!

I drink and forget stuff!

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 09:38
I have only been to the Rec once - to watch another very boring game when Bath played Leicester many years ago, and when it also teemed down with rain for the whole match - and I swore never to return until their facilities for spectators got up to 19th century standards.

CullyChief
CullyChief (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 10:03
Quote:
OldWing
I have only been to the Rec once - to watch another very boring game when Bath played Leicester many years ago, and when it also teemed down with rain for the whole match - and I swore never to return until their facilities for spectators got up to 19th century standards.

Oldwing - if it's the one I'm thinking of, I too went to that game. Shortly after the 2003 world cup, and I went primarily to see Martin Johnson and Neil Back play. Torrential rain the whole match through. Great stuff.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 10:12
Been there twice in the Gene Kelly stand. Got sunburnt the first time and soaked the next time, sitting in a puddle is not fun! Great city but terrible facilities. Went for Chiefs first game and the programme was full of their plans for redevelopment- still waiting!

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 10:42
I went twice. the first time in about 87. Bath were thrashing Orrell who went down that season. the ref was the highly respected Clayton Thomas on an exchange weekend.

The Bath supporters were incredibly abusive to the Orrell players and to the referee. Coming from the sheltered backwater that was the County Ground I was genuinely shocked.

I went back once again 25 years later to be stuck behind a brainless bint who wouldn't take her umbrella down resulting in me paying £40 to look at her umbrella. What was worse was that she never stopped talking to her friend in that irritating braying accent affected by the pseudo posh and about anything except rugby. it then took an hour and a half to get out of the cricket ground car park, still it was warm and dry in the car and the conversation was rather better.

I swore then that I would never return until they built a decent stadium though I shall probably be long dead before that happens.

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 11:35
Quote:
CullyChief
Quote:
OldWing

Oldwing - if it's the one I'm thinking of, I too went to that game. Shortly after the 2003 world cup, and I went primarily to see Martin Johnson and Neil Back play. Torrential rain the whole match through. Great stuff.

That’s the one, and I went for the same reason. My wife went with me and afterwards said she would never go again to a rugby match. She has been as good as her word, although I did persuade her one year to watch the 7s in Dubai - where the weather and facilities were rather better!

Scuff
Scuff (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 09:04
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Been there twice in the Gene Kelly stand. Got sunburnt the first time and soaked the next time, sitting in a puddle is not fun!
On average, you had perfect weather!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net