rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Flybe
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 15:33
With the announcement today that our second biggest sponsor Flybe has been bought by Virgin/Stobart with a complete rebranding in the future. Do you think this is a blow to our sponsorship needs in the future? Or will the consortium continue supporting sport in the local area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 18:15 by Toomanychiefs.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Flybe
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 15:59
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
With the announcement today that our second biggest sponsor Flybe has been bought by Virgin/Stobart with a complete rebranding in the future. Do you think this is a blow to our sponsorship needs in the future? Or will the consortium continue supporting sport the local area.

Maybe they shouldn't have been splashing out on sponsorship anyway? I'm sure we will soon replace any lost revenue.

Chief-cum-Lately
Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 16:10
Given Chiefs increasing profile nationally, and even internationally I think the new owners would be foolish to break the link maybe the rebranding will see 'Chief Air' take to the skies!(Sm116)

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 18:12
With Virgin Airways obvious links to America do you think they will want to be associated with a sports club with a slightly to say the least contentious name?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 18:13 by Toomanychiefs.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 18:23
It's going to be interesting how this pans out.
Our 'Association' with the 1st Nation has been an area of debate for some time. How this will be viewed by a company that flys across the pond could be one to watch.
Would Exeter Rugby Club re brand to accommodate the new owners....... I doubt that very much

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 18:33
Flymaybe (not) is how many of us also know them ... I use them through work to get to / get back to the Channel Islands.

TBH I've been stranded so many times .. looks like I'll be looking for another airport other than Southampton for my monthly visits to various Chanel Islands.

"Get on Exe"

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 07:43
With them being a local company it only figures that their Customer Services and operational centers are based in Exeter. My primary concern is naturally the loss of jobs and while I don't work for them. I know plenty who do.

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 12:41
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
With Virgin Airways obvious links to America do you think they will want to be associated with a sports club with a slightly to say the least contentious name?

They'd do better with Wasps. The yanks like franchises.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 19:58
Nothing wrong with the name Chiefs. maybe the logo, but that is a mountain out of a molehill.

MESSAGES->author
13 January, 2019 09:30
And don't Virgin Atlantic have both a CEO and CCO?

Isn't that first C a Chief

Alright they probably don't turn up for board meetings in full headdress but that's a minor detail

Welsh Chief
Welsh Chief (IP Logged)
14 January, 2019 13:42
I'm sure Chiefs (and Exeter City) sponsorship isn't high on the priority list of the incoming party it would be good if they continued to support both teams.... Does anyone know roughly how much each main sponsor puts in?

It would be a blow for Exeter as a whole if the new owners cut flights on offer at the airport or relocated the support centres currently based locally so fingers crossed they keep or improve the status quo.

I don't see the name being an issue, in america they have plenty of major sports teams who haven't changed their branding (Kansas Chiefs / Washington Redskins)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net