rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

mommentum
England
mommentum (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 20:00
One of the most pleasing thing with England is that we seem to have a settled squad before the World Cup, so different to four years ago when the coaches didn't know their best side by the time we were knocked out.

The only players who may make a squad being, Underhill, Watson, Jack Willis, Cokanasiga.

Cole would not be anywhere near the team for me.

Hope Exeters coaches were watching the way to stop teams defending rugby league style with kicks.

Chiefs
Re: England
Chiefs (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 08:52
Your latter point was exactly my thoughts, you have to be multi dimensional to break defences down.

I think England have been nothing short of superb so far, Wales will pose a huge test though, but win that and the Slam is ours, and we all know what happened the last time we won a GS in RWC year!

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:06
The French were all over the place and did what England were guilty of a while back, playing people out of position, their back three were easy meat for our kick chase tactics.

Gatland reckons Wales have forgotten how to lose, letís hope we can remind them on Saturday week! Should be a great game, the build up with mind games from Jones and Gatland should also be entertaining!

MESSAGES->author
11 February, 2019 12:41
"Hope Exeters coaches were watching the way to stop teams defending rugby league style with kicks."

Been saying this for months but then again we've been getting the results so why change things? Whilst I'm in favour of using the tactic it does go against our ingrained playing philosophy of keeping posession.

I'll leave it to RB.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:17
[quote Shouting Prarie Dog]"Hope Exeters coaches were watching the way to stop teams defending rugby league style with kicks."

Been saying this for months but then again we've been getting the results so why change things? Whilst I'm in favour of using the tactic it does go against our ingrained playing philosophy of keeping posession.

When you have carries like Billy, Mako, Sinckler and Tuilagi it makes any game plan easier to make work of coarse.

I think I am right in saying that no points scored after Ford came on for Tuilagi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net