rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Tom Price
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 12:33
Rumour going around we have signed this guy, a lock from Scarlets.
Is he anygood?

Jehovas Sandals
Re: Tom Price
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 14:25
Second row. English born but Welsh qualified.
Played for England U20's in 2013..... Other than that I don't know much about him

I drink and forget stuff!

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 16:56
A good player for sure, like Witty. But I don’t see how he is an improvement on our other locks. They are all much the same ability... Dennis, Lees, Hill, Skinner, Witty, Price etc. To take our game to the next level we really should be looking to sign a Mostert!!

Chickamauga
Chickamauga (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 17:42
A logical signing when you look back at the England U20s world championship winning team:

Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs); Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Harry Sloan (Harlequins), Sam Hill (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Howard (Worcester Warriors); Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Alex Day (Northampton Saints); Alec Hepburn (London Wasps), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Scott Wilson (Newcastle Falcons); Tom Price (Leicester Tigers), Dominic Barrow (Leeds Carnegie), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby), Matt Hankin (Saracens), Jack Clifford (Harlequins) (capt)

Replacements: Scott Spurling (Saracens), Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi (Northampton Saints), Tom Smallbone (London Irish), Harry Wells (Leicester Tigers), David Sisi (Bath Rugby), Callum Braley (Bristol Rugby), Ollie Devoto (Bath Rugby), Henry Purdy (Leicester Tigers).

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 19:27
EQP and already familiar with a number of players in the squad. Seems like a smart move.. I'll bet it was Rob Hunter who suggested it.

Captain Darling
Captain Darling (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 19:36
He was rated highly coming through the Tigers academy. In his final year in the development squad he had some injury issues that hampered him filling out - he's 6'8" - and getting game time though. Then he moved to Scarlets due to being Welsh qualified as well as EQP.

As a Tigers fan I'd be interested to see how he progresses under Baxter and Hunter.

He's built to be line-out lock so should suit that facet of Chiefs game very well.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 08:14
I see the logic and he will add to the strength in depth of the squad, I just feel with three locks leaving it was an opportunity to sign a high quality player that would improve the team. Look at the difference Mostert is making for Gloucester. We have a good set of locks but none of them are game changers/ world class. Sluys was probably a good player but proved to be no better than what we had. For me Lees, Dennis, Hill, Skinner, Witty and Price are much the same level. Yes they bring different attributes but you can only play two of them at a time.

Anyway it was just a thought. If Price does indeed sign then I will gladly welcome him to the chiefs family. He will certainly add competition and could yet at 26 be a real find. He is a tall lad although not sure if has bulked out, so will be similar to Hill I imagine. There’s no doubt that our squad will be strong.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 08:40
The loss of hill this season highlighted how reliant we are on him for lineout ball, and cost us progression in Europe imo.
Getting a second option in to fill that roll seems a very good idea.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 10:23
Quote:
fatheralice
The loss of hill this season highlighted how reliant we are on him for lineout ball, and cost us progression in Europe imo.

Couldn’t agree more. Losing Hill and Simmonds really hurt us up front.

Jehovas Sandals
16 March, 2019 10:41
Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
fatheralice

Couldn’t agree more. Losing Hill and Simmonds really hurt us up front.

I tend to agree but considering that.... Us have done alright eh!

Luke1980
Luke1980 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2019 02:15
Sorry I'm late to this thread (my first post so go easy on me) I've studied Price for a while, quality old school lock. He will win us +90% of our line out ball, protect possession and not miss tackles. He's not a runner with the ball but those basics are (in my opinion) the things that win us those tight games. As has already been pointed out he is familiar with most of our players & coaches via England set up. That means, importantly, his attitude is right which is vital imo.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth,

Luke

Broken arrow
Broken arrow (IP Logged)
15 June, 2019 08:06
Sounds like he could be a good signing, now, all we need is someone who can throw the ball in accurately !!!

Jehovas Sandals
15 June, 2019 16:54
Sounds like he could be what we need

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net