rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Exeforever
Newcastle v Leicester
Exeforever (IP Logged)
12 April, 2019 22:46
This is a bad result for the Premiership.

Leicester's supporters have been expressing major discontent with their board for months now. Survival will sweep this under the carpet and allow them to stagger on for another season, probably massively underachieving as they have done for several years now.

Newcastle's relegation will undermine Union in the North East. It is a bitter irony that this should happen in the season that EPRC have chosen to stage their Cup Final in Newcastle .

At a time when the game needs good news to get out from under the Folau/Vunipola shamefulness and the questions being raised about the integrity of the salary cap arrangements tonight's result has not helped at all.

Parcdeprince
Re: Newcastle v Leicester
Parcdeprince (IP Logged)
12 April, 2019 23:10
Well, frankly, stuff you mate.

Not sure how Tigers being relegated will help the premiership particularly, and pretty sure it's not our responsibility to rescue rugby from Christian findamentalist bigotry!!

Or, perhaps you want to repeat the whole cultural appropriation thing! Grown men in Indian headresses etc!

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 00:19
I also cannot see why tonights result was bad for the premiership? Have to agree with Parcdeprince on this.what Tigers going down has anything to do with the salary cap and the unfortunate Folau incident is beyond me.

I personally feel for any set of supporters that have to endure the ignominy of relegation and dont forget people might be saying the same about us one day.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 00:22
Weird first post. Promorion / relegation. Weakest side down. All of the off field stuff is irrelevant in the sporting sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2019 09:09 by Geronimo Jim.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 07:30
Bit confused here Exeforever......... What the connection is between Folaus and Vunipolas comments and the result of the game is beyond me.

As to it being bad for the Premiership that Leicester won??
Newcastle are bottom purely because they haven't won enough points not to be..... That's generally what happens to a team.
Things may not be all rosy at Welford Road but how they would improve by being relegated is beyond me.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 08:21
Going down does give a club a chance of rebirth, look at Quins and Saints.
All I saw last night was Tigers taking gamesmanship to a whole new level. As if May didn't know not the charge down, and much more.
They have to much quality to go down anyway, even if they had lost last night.
But its a minority sport and if the top clubs can't get their house in order It will remain that way. As a sport will slowly die when the fearful bring in the ring fence.

As for Chiefs going down, it will happen someday, but we will learn and go back up. It is the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2019 08:50 by clalan.

MESSAGES->author
13 April, 2019 11:41
What i ment Clalan was the attitude towards us that it will be in some way good for the premiership if WE went down. It is of course all most inevitable that we will encounter bad times.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 13:52
That match was about the bottom team in the premiership and the best team on the day. It benefits no one or no organisation who goes down.

what it does do is give a cracking edge to the final games of the season and produce exciting matches like last night.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 14:55
iF we were to go down we would be treated the same as Newcastle/Wuss as in "so what?". We are not one of the untouchables.
I believe in relegation and tho being sad would admit if we weren't good enough we deserve to go down.
The media ringing of hands about Tigers possibly going down and how bad it would be has been a contrast to how the others have been spoken about. Even Bristol by the media being one of the Originals have been welcomed back to Olympus with open arms.
I am a man shouting against the wind in my belief in relegation, but as mentioned, I would not be gripped as a neutral to a match at this time of the season in a closed league.
I would even doubt if i'd buy a season ticket, as there would be so many dead games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2019 15:14 by clalan.

MESSAGES->author
13 April, 2019 16:03
i too totally agree with relegation and i too would have to consider if the considerable outlay for a season ticket is worth it.
I was merely commenting on the original post.

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 17:42
This Saints fan is 100% in favour of promotion/relegation - see you in May !

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 20:03
Newcastle did not help themselves. Leicester did at least play Tuilagi in his right place at 12

When I hear that people in the north are campaigning to get Exeter City a place in the top tier or that test cricket must be played at Somerset, then I will worry about Union in the league counties

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net