rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Chiefs
Semi final tickets.
Chiefs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 11:30
How are we all doing, I have managed to get what I need. (Sm60)

goss8800
Re: Semi final tickets.
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 11:39
As this is a progression game, it is not included as part of the 2018/19 season ticket. However, you are able to purchase ticket(s) at a discounted season ticket holder rate.

Some discount. Its the same price

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 11:44
Season ticket holders have until 5pm on 1st May to purchase thier reserved tickets.

I drink and forget stuff!

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 14:35
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
As this is a progression game, it is not included as part of the 2018/19 season ticket. However, you are able to purchase ticket(s) at a discounted season ticket holder rate.

Some discount. Its the same price

£62 in Grandstand central. If there were any open market ones what would they have been going for? It's already sold out according to the Offy.

MESSAGES->author
15 April, 2019 14:47
As a Season Ticket holder am I able to buy more than 1 ticket for the semi final?

I sign into the ticket hub and can only get 1 ticket reserved for me.
I go to cart and there are no facilities to allow any more purchases.

When I go to fixtures/matches it says 25th May V TBC - SOLD OUT

I note from above it seems people are buying more than 1 ticket per season ticket holder?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

MESSAGES->author
15 April, 2019 14:58
I should have got online much earlier - there is no limit to what an individual season ticket holder can order!

Jehovas Sandals
15 April, 2019 15:23
Quote:
Chief Little Big Horn
I should have got online much earlier - there is no limit to what an individual season ticket holder can order!

I said above........ Season Ticket Holders have until 5pm on 1st May to purchase their reserved tickets.
No need for alarm!

MESSAGES->author
15 April, 2019 16:39
Cheers JS but what I meant was an allocation over and above my single reserved ticket.
Which I can access anytime until May 1

Kimimela
Kimimela (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 16:41
We joined the queue at SP at around 9.30am and tried to purchase online whilst waiting to be served. As expected the website crashed as soon as we hit the pay button just after 10am so waited patiently. We managed to get 2 tickets in North D. Not our usual haunt but a ticket all the same. Where I think the ticketing system is flawed is allowing people to buy large quantities of tickets both online (if you were lucky) and in person. A couple of people ahead of us bought in excess of 20 tickets! We are lucky but those further down the line may not have been. I personally think it should be capped to a max of 4 per person.

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 18:30
I joined the queue at 8:30 with circa 100 ahead of me. When I got to the ticket office I managed to get 4 East Terrace South ... for SWMBO and other friends at work. My ticket in ETC was secured online later.
Apparently limit was set at 50!!!!!!!! I can understand that for sponsors, but it doesn't service regular supporters very well.
I also enquired about numbers of season tickets in ETC, and was told "fewer than you'd expect" which suggests there should have been enough to meet the demands this morning if volumes were more appropriately shared.

Little Minnie
Little Minnie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 18:35
What I don't get is where is the season ticket discount? £34 per ticket isn't exactly discounted for N Tce B!!

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 21:30
Exactly! Season ticket discount is offered but we pay the full price? No wonder we're the only profit making club this season. I don't mind putting my hand in my pocket to support the guys but don't take the p*$$ and don't lie to me (Sm31)

Jehovas Sandals
15 April, 2019 21:37
I've e mailed the ticketing team with regard to this so called 'discounted' price for Season ticket holders as my Etc tickets are both full price.
Watch this space.

Jehovas Sandals
16 April, 2019 10:13
I've had a response from the ticketing team.
This was the response:

Hello
Thank you for your e mail

The tickets which is on reservation is at the discounted price as we have increased the prices for non season ticket users for the Semi Final.

Kind regards
Catherine

Are they taking the p#@s!!!!!
So season ticket holders pay the current price of a match ticket in thier respective area..... Mine being £37 and £14 for my boy for ETC...... How are we getting a discount? They are putting the prices up for one match which I think is wrong.
Can anyone who is a non season ticket holder let us know how much they paid for tickets please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2019 10:33 by Jehovas Sandals.

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 10:39
Thanks for the information. I suspected that would be the case.

But really it's a case of having your cake or eating it. We are the only club in the Prem in profit. We could probably have sold that game out two or three times over so you can't blame the club for increasing ticket prices. Morally I think it's wrong but we live in a capitalist society so can't complain about capitalist practices being foisted on us.

England do the same. Tickets for England v All Blacks are much more than England v Tonga/Fiji/USA or similar.

FWIW I think that they should give vouchers away with on-the-gate tickets and having a particular number of these should entitle you to the same price as a S/T holder. There are many people who follow the club but for whom work schedules or lack of income mean a season ticket either makes no sense or can't be afforded.

I just wish that the refs would do more to keep the ball in play and punish the sort of time wasting we saw on Sunday. We are now (in the Grandstand) paying over £1 per minute of ball in play time which is a lot by anyone's standards (though cheap by comparison with solicitors, dentists, accountants, plumbers (a recent quote included a labour charge of £65 per hour + VAT), or car dealers' service departments).

ian.bowen@nhs.net
Ponty Chief (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 10:49
A season ticket holder for the past 6 seasons in the ETC, we moved back to Wales last summer as my wife wished to help look after her terminally ill mum, now passed away but the wider family still need support, as a result I let my season ticket lapse.

I realised that STH could only buy their own ticket on Sunday, so assuming a level playing field, there must be some ETC available once the STH allocation is reserved.

I was first in the queue Monday, kiosk opened, "i ticket for the ETC please" I stuttered, "sorry, we aren't selling tickets for the ETC", when I pushed I was told season ticket holders had bought them, I explained that was not possible, then told they had been reserved for away supporters.

I was offered a ticket in the ETS / ETN, sorry, my rugby community is in the ETC, I walked away sad that the Chiefs had withheld ETC tickets from their own fans, that I could have bought up to 50 if they had been available is so wrong.

Godo luck with the semi & final, I'm sure Sunday was a blip.

danceswithsticks
danceswithsticks (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 11:14
I am sure that if I trawled back through this message board over the last 3 years I would find a whole load of similar posts. I am an ETC season ticket holder, have the one ticket I need and actually wouldn't complain about the semi ticket price I am also chuffed to bits that we DO qualify for these sort of games. BUT surely if the club are actually listening then it cannot be right that they keep keep allowing people to buy 20 or 30 tickets. I await the first sighting of semi final tickets on FB, eBay or whatever.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 13:42
Itís not a normal league game, itís a semi final of the Premiership and is priced accordingly.

Iím just grateful as a ST holder that I donít have to queue up in the rain again to secure a ticket. The fact that Iím getting an unexpected discount, is a nice surprise.

Throughout the year, not all games are the same price, the pre-season friendlies and Braves games are priced differently, so it should be no surprise that the much in demand semi is as well.

Jehovas Sandals
16 April, 2019 13:49
I stand to be corrected but I don't recall any increase on ticket prices for any of our previous home semis.
I'm over the moon we have another one.
My gripe is the fact that the communication from the club should have stated that in fact.... We are increasing the prices for this match but as a loyal season ticket holder you will pay the current match day price.... Not that we are getting a discount........ And the fact we can only purchase our tickets and not have the opportunity to buy 20,30 plus!!
Morally wrong.

big chopper
big chopper (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 15:33
Iím a season ticket holder in the West Grandstand so in no great panic, knowing my ticket is safe until I get round to buying it anytime before May the 1st.

But how on earth is it right that people could buy 20/30 tickets as soon as they went on sale on Monday? I canít get my head round that

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net