rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

goss8800
Jack Nowell
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
01 June, 2019 22:43
Does anyone have any news on Jack. When he went down I thought that will be him finished for the World Cup.

p248
Re: Jack Nowell
p248 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2019 23:53
Sarries supporter here. Hope Nowell recovers quickly and in time for the World Cup. I thought he deserved Man of the Match today.

Chief black hat
Chief black hat (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 09:13
I do not understand how Austin Healey can award. MOM to a player who has been yellow carded!
Doesn’t this set a bad example to young and up and coming young players?
Jack was fantastic and should have stayed full back till then end!

RogerG
Roger G (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 10:42
Quote:
Chief black hat
I do not understand how Austin Healey can award. MOM to a player who has been yellow carded!

Sarries fan here. First of all bad luck Chiefs - that game could've gone either way and it'd be easy to argue that Chiefs deserved to win.

Re the MOTM award I think they must've just judged it on that last line-out steal. I'd have given it to Jamie George with Jack a close second. Jack was unbelievably difficult to handle when he found a gap but, to my mind, too often crabbed along our defensive line looking for a gap when, because of the attention he was drawing from our line, could've done more damage by offloading to another of your very dangerous backs.

Once again, bad luck chaps - see you at HQ next year again I hope.

sarricen
sarricen (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 10:48
If it was dirty play I’d understand your point about setting a bad example, Chief Black Hat, but a team yellow for a regulation infringement in a ruck is hardly dirty!

EnfieldMal
EnfieldMal (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 14:41
Quote:
Chief black hat

Bad example? he didn’t kill anyone he paid the price of giving away a penalty in the red zone as did Henry Slade

chiefswatcher
chiefswatcher (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 14:55
No player on a losing side wants MoM. Pundits are quite right not to put them through that agony. Imagine Jack trying to do a post-match interview on one leg with tears of pain from the injury and tears of anguish from the loss in his eyes. Absurd notion

(MoM in rugby is a pretty shite concept anyway in my opinion. It is a team game.)

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 18:47
Hard to see what Itoje did to warrant mom.
It's obviously going to go to a player from the winning side and imo it should have gone to Jamie George.
From a Chiefs perspective Jack was our best player and if we had won and he hadn't been injured then it would have been his

I drink and forget stuff!

mfc
mfc (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 21:42
As a Sarrie, get well soon Jack, your country needs you

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 21:57
Jack Nowell as not been our best player this year or played to his best in the last month. But he did what experienced starting international who have played in big games and toured New Zealand yesterday. He looked totally at home on the big stage, played his best game.

Also Slade was so much better than four years ago when nerves got to him.

But if we are to do better in Europe to make that next big step we need more players start in those big international game, at the World Cup, because that's what the other euro teams like Sarries have, the next step is as big as any we have taken.

daz_71
daz_71 (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 11:56
Quote:
chiefswatcher
No player on a losing side wants MoM. Pundits are quite right not to put them through that agony. Imagine Jack trying to do a post-match interview on one leg with tears of pain from the injury and tears of anguish from the loss in his eyes. Absurd notion
(MoM in rugby is a pretty shite concept anyway in my opinion. It is a team game.)

For what it's worth I completely agree with the comment above. Jack was undoubtedly (in my opinion) the best player on the pitch but it would have meant nothing to him to have won the award in a defeat. I thought Jamie George should have got it from a Saracen's perspective. See you next year Chiefs fans

Chief black hat
Chief black hat (IP Logged)
12 June, 2019 13:59
Is there any news about Jack’s ankle? He has been tweeting but not about his recovery!
I know we are all anxious about him and after nearly two weeks, there must be some news!

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
13 June, 2019 07:34
I've got to say it was also a very nice touch, and unusual, to see so many opposition (Sarries) players go over to the stricken Jack and wish him well. Nice touch.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
13 June, 2019 08:03
Quote:
Tribester
I've got to say it was also a very nice touch, and unusual, to see so many opposition (Sarries) players go over to the stricken Jack and wish him well. Nice touch.

Indeed it was T, also all the Sarries fans around us standing and clapping him off. An all round good bunch.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman (IP Logged)
13 June, 2019 17:32
Saw an instagram post of Jack in some questionable budgie smugglers at a beach resort somewhere and no cast / strapping etc on his legs ... so assuming its not too bad

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
14 June, 2019 11:45
Extract from an article in the Telegraph this morning on the contenders for the World Cup:

“Meanwhile, Exeter winger Jack Nowell appears be winning his race to prove his fitness after injuring both his right knee and ankle during the Premiership final against Saracens. Although he was initially told that the worst-case scenario would be a 12-week lay-off, it appears he is progressing ahead of schedule.”

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
15 June, 2019 16:58
Good news regarding Jack if true.
Hope he's not rushed back just because of England and isn't 100%

I drink and forget stuff!

SarrieSaint
SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
16 June, 2019 10:45
Great news and as JS says there's no need for him to rush for England. He's got nothing to prove and as long as he'd fit come the RWC he should be starting.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
16 June, 2019 18:12
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Good news regarding Jack if true.
Hope he's not rushed back just because of England and isn't 100%

Plus 1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net