rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Tony Rowe
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
07 July, 2019 10:09
Good feature in TRP this morning with TR in a Q&A with Neale Harvey.
Very forthright as usual on a number of topics.
Reckons Eddie Jones will bomb in RWC and intends to keep RB if the RFU come calling.

SarrieSaint
Re: Tony Rowe
SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
07 July, 2019 15:07
Excellent article and great to see him calling it as he sees it.

HUGHVILLE
HUGHVILLE (IP Logged)
08 July, 2019 09:52
It is no secret that Tony Rowe and the England Manager do not see eye to eye. We have all seen his intransigence in sticking with players past their sale by date and ignored talent obvious to everbody but him. I sincerely hope we do well in Japan. Tony Rowe is entitled to his opinions but it not helpful when there are 5 Chiefs players probably in the squad. Is he saying that he does not have faith in them to deliver the goods. Would have been better
saying that Chiefs players would do there best and should be there. They need to have their confidence boosted not to be undermined

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2019 15:32
Seems to me he is saying he has no faith in the coach getting a squad of players (some from Chiefs and some from lots of other clubs) to perform. As simple as that. Presumably the same reason he wouldn't appoint certain coaches at Chiefs.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
14 July, 2019 12:41
I read the article and other than his comments regarding Eddie Jones I thought he talked a lot of sense.
However, him saying England will bomb out of the RWC is a bit off considering he gave no explanation as to why, which Colin Boag mentions in his piece in today's TRP so it just sounds as if TR doesn't like or have any faith in Eddie Jones.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
14 July, 2019 19:58
TBh i think its out of order that a CEO of an English club is openly critical of an England coach with no valid reason.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
14 July, 2019 21:26
Did TR explain his reasons for his view in the interview, but it was not used in the article?

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
15 July, 2019 09:16
Quote:
Tribester
Did TR explain his reasons for his view in the interview, but it was not used in the article?

It doesn't appear to be so...... If he gave reasons why not print them?

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
15 July, 2019 09:33
He simply said we weren’t good enough and, considering how we blew games against Wales and Scotland in the 6 Nations, he might be right! We are in a group with Argentina and France who are both capable of giving us a bloody nose!
Let’s hope they watched the Cricket World Cup Final and emulate England !

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
15 July, 2019 11:03
Well,i still think he should be backing the boys and not undermining them.Thats bad really, as good as telling Henry,Jack and the other Chiefs boys that they arnt good enough!

as far as im aware TR is not a qualified coach so i suggest he keeps his nose out of it.He could benefit having a few lessons from RB on decorum.

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2019 14:08
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
Well,i still think he should be backing the boys and not undermining them.Thats bad really, as good as telling Henry,Jack and the other Chiefs boys that they arnt good enough!
as far as im aware TR is not a qualified coach so i suggest he keeps his nose out of it.He could benefit having a few lessons from RB on decorum.

So are you a qualified psychologist to be able to pontificate on the effects of his words on the Chiefs players? If not shouldn't you take your own advice?

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
15 July, 2019 17:37
Not that Tony Rowe needs my support but Eddie Jones has an opinion on everything and everybody so he reaps what he sows.
The way I interpret what Tony Rowe says is that the England team/squad are not well coached.
Brilliant at times and woeful the next. Consistency definitely not England's strong point......
I doubt very much that any of our players were annoyed,more likely to be amused by it to be honest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net