rugbyunion
Latest News:
THIS IS A SOUTH WALES SCORPIONS RLFC FANS FORUM. The message board and the website are not connected to the club and the views expressed are those of the individual fans.

upn
First half
upn (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 15:45
Good to turn around in the lead but I think we need to stop them making so much ground on early plays to win this one.

Rogero
Re: First half
Rogero (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 17:45
Great attacking play and breakaways but gtoo weak in defence!

12 points up and then only draw was disappointing but a great 80 minutes of action for the fans!!!

MESSAGES->author
Dimebar (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 18:01
Strange game this.

The Scorpions didn't look like losing but they didn't deserve to win either. Soooooo many mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a chance to put this game to bed with five minutes remaining after Oldham missed touch from a penalty kick. Two tackles later, yet another knock on from the Scorps. Oldham move play down to the Scorpions 10 metre line from their set of six, on our second play we lose control of the bloody ball. From that error Oldham go on to score next to the posts. Draw - game over.

Entertaining for the neutrals but bleeding frustrating for the home support. We conceded too many soft tries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2012 18:13 by Dimebar.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 19:01
Sort of agree with both of the above though I have my doubts about "we didn't look like losing" and I think maybe that short spell after the half time break may have flattered us.

We were not good in defence and they were making yardage almost every time, though in the end we probably feel we contributed to our own downfall (if a draw is a downfall) whereas on the Oldham boards I suspect they are asking themselves how they were so sloppy too (2 breakaways) and hadn't they put the game to bed earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2012 19:03 by upn.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 20:44
All this proves what a great game RL is.

You are never dead until the final whistle.

Two "36 all" games today - that won't happen very often. Hull KR drew by the same score. (Sm113)

Kennyroberts
Kennyroberts (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:29
Two poor defences in my view. Both teams have a lot of improving to do if they are to finish in the top 4. Oldham will be happier with the result than Scorpions, and rightly so. I enjoyed the game but the drive home would have been easier if Scorpions had won.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net