rugbyunion
Latest News:
THIS IS A SOUTH WALES SCORPIONS RLFC FANS FORUM. The message board and the website are not connected to the club and the views expressed are those of the individual fans.

bowes
Welsh Conference 2012
bowes (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 10:52
Anyone know what's happening with this? Any new clubs or clubs stepping up/down?

Obviously Valley Cougars are back to the Premier division but not heard much else. Would assume CPC Bears are gone and Bonymaen would want to step up to premier though not heard either confirmed

Bellefield Boy2010
Re: Welsh Conference 2012
Bellefield Boy2010 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2012 20:55
Thats a shame about CPC Bears if true, I knew the two guys who ran it both great blokes with huge passion for the game, one of them just lost heart after being let down buy d**k head players on a seasonal basis.

bowes
bowes (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 10:33
They only played about 3 games then packed in last year. The fact that their under 18s packed in I think was sadder as they were stronger.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 14:38
I fear it will always be thus in this part of the world while RL is "the other rugby" or the game you play while you cannot get more "cash" or kudos in the "real rugby".

I suspect the d**khead seasonal players were offered something more to play RU.

Kennyroberts
Kennyroberts (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 15:07
This might come as a big surprise to you upn but I think you are right. Get them playing RL at school and they will love it and it will become their first choice sport.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 17:44
I think it runs deeper than that Kenny but it would be a start..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 18:02 by upn.

bowes
bowes (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:34
I heard talk of a West Wales Warriors as replacement but not heard anything for a long time so not sure if it's still happening or not or maybe was just juniors?

CPC Bears didn't help themselves with talk of Championship 1 but I thought an amateur club in Carmarthen would have worked.

One problem is juniors is RU off season as well and often junior clubs and adult sides aren't connected. Would also like to see maybe 2 solid clubs in a higher league (rather than just one who are a team) but may have to be a long term plan.

muffyn
muffyn (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 09:36
I don't watch a lot of Conference RL but the few times I went to Porthcawl to see the blue bulls only to find the games were either called off or moved to another ground that was impossible to get to at short notice. I also went to Nelson a few times and it was the same there. Altogether I guess I went to about 6 or 7 games and ended up seeing 2. I gave up.

mediaman
mediaman (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 13:29
Bowes, I believe you're right in saying Bonymaen will be there as they were crowned Champions of the second tier in August, but think this season there will just be one tier, so every chance Steelers will be there too.

Hopefully Bonymaen can retain its squad from last year to spice up the Cougars/Blue Bulls rivalry somewhat.

bowes
bowes (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 13:38
Probably just the 9 teams then I guess unless anyone's new or dropped out? Guess Dyffryn will be stronger if they pick up CPC Bears players but NPT Steelers and Tydfil Wildcats may struggle?

North Wales is supposed to have 7 clubs this year though whether they'll all work out I don't know. If at least 5 do would be a good start

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 14:09 by bowes.

bowes
bowes (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 14:14
Valley Cougars
Bridgend Blue Bulls
Titans (Machen)
Cardiff Demons
Torfaen Tigers
Bonymaen Broncos
Neath Port Talbot Steelers
Dyffryn Devils
Blackwood Bulldogs

Unfortunately Tydfil Wildcats appear to have folded at open age but Blackwood Bulldogs have reformed.

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
12 March, 2012 16:48
Cardiff Demons had a meeting last night to discuss plans for the new season and things are looking alot more organised this year, it promises to be a good competitive league this year.It starts early on the 5th May and includes the Welsh Origin match between East and West again, before the usual amateur 4 nations matches.

bowes
bowes (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 17:43
Just heard the Wildcats have managed to solve their problems and will now enter yo make up 10 teams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net