rugbyunion
Latest News:
THIS IS A SOUTH WALES SCORPIONS RLFC FANS FORUM. The message board and the website are not connected to the club and the views expressed are those of the individual fans.

Bellefield Boy2010
Challenge Cup Round 4
Bellefield Boy2010 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 19:57
Scorpions v Halifax

Draw in Full

London Broncos v Dewsbury
Widnes v St Helens
Leeds v Wakefield
Whitehaven v Salford
Featherstone v Castleford
Hull v Huddersfield
Wigan v Crusaders
Swinton v Gateshead
Hull KR v Catalan
Bradford v Doncaster
Scorpions v Halifax
York v Sheffield
Keighley v Warrington
Leigh v Rochdale
Oldham v Barrow
Hunslet v Batley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2012 20:07 by Bellefield Boy2010.

upn
Re: Challenge Cup Round 4
upn (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 20:02
Think I would have rather have had Crusaders' draw but ours could have been worse.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 06:39
At home v Halifax ? A winnable game...

TheJonesBoy
TheJonesBoy (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 06:43
If it had been a York or Hunslet we would have had an outside chance of winning but Fax are a very decent side and after their scare at Skolars in the NRC are unlikely to take it easy on us.

They will travel in decent numbers (can think of four or five SL clubs who would take less) but not the sort of game to raise the profile locally and get those all important numbers through the gate.

muffyn
muffyn (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 09:38
I always look forward to watching Halifax as my friend played for them the last time they won the CC in the early 80's and it is usually a chance to meet up with him again. So, looking forward to the game but I don't think we stand much of a chance other than hoping for a big upset and a shock of the round.

nice1neil
nice1neil (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 10:42
The mighty Fax, one of my fav teams (wife is from'alifax, so might even come along?). They will be tough and a hard prospect, but not impossible, afterall London ran them close and local conference club Siddal turned them over in the CC a couple of years ago. I'm just hoping that this will give the club a boost and attract some more supporters. go the scorps!

TheJonesBoy
TheJonesBoy (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 12:56
Quote:
muffyn
So, looking forward to the game but I don't think we stand much of a chance other than hoping for a big upset and a shock of the round.

Cru to beat Wigan the shock of the Round, Scorps to beat Fax following close behind.....wonder what odds you will get on that???

Kennyroberts
Kennyroberts (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 01:53
Sorry to correct you Neil but, without having my stats in front of me cos I am in work, I'm 99% certain Siddal have not beaten Halifax in any cup. In fact I don't think they have ever played them. I'm sure Siddal did beat a pro team but not Halifax mate. I will look when I get home in the morning. I think Halifax have only ever lost once to an amateur side and that was back in the late 60's or early 70's. It was Cawoods (Now West Hull) in the John Player trophy. I actually have the programme from the game.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 20:13
Well at least it will be a new ground for me to visit as the fixture is now being switched...

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
29 March, 2012 05:26
Siddal beat Doncaster back in 2010, think it was by a point? it was the week before we played them and they were in dire straits by their own admission, very small crowd.

muffyn
muffyn (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 08:25
I don't think I would take any odds on that bet, I would however bring a straight jacket with me to the next home game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net