Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
robert.b
Next Season
robert.b (IP Logged)
03 September, 2013 18:22
Hello to everyone.
Here is the club's stance on 2014.
Mr Davies will be meeting the RFL at the end of September to early October to talk about if the 30.000 that was not released this year is available next. The Club had a budget of around 70.000 for season 2013
here are some figures to look at
The bus cost's for away games average 1.000 x 10 away trips 10.000
Then we have the "Must Have's" Doctors, Physio's, Coaches, Kit Man, who I must comment on does so much for so little,
with all the bandages, oil's etc that come with it based over 9 months, security for all home games, food for players after games along with away hotels, 35.000.
that's a total of 45.000
So before any player has had a contract we only have
Players contracts are again a "Must" lasting for 9 months of the season
So with 25 players contracted for example that is 1.000 over a nine month period around 110 a month.
So as you can see we need the 30.000 back in the club.
I hope you all understand we at the club Mr Davies, Ian Golden, and Myself are doing everything we can to make sure we have a team for 2014.
If anyone has any questions please make contact with myself as Mr Davies is away for three weeks.
My best to everyone
Rob Buckley Commercial Director

darren cooper
Re: Next Season
taxi (IP Logged)
03 September, 2013 19:04
so what you saying rob is that unless the club get this money from rfl there strong chance there be no scorpions next season

Crug Mawr
Crug Mawr (IP Logged)
03 September, 2013 20:47
Thanks Rob for sharing this.

Are you able to tell us why the 30,000 was not made available this season and why it might not be released next season?

lewj
lewj (IP Logged)
03 September, 2013 21:00
So there is a chance there will be no club next season?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
04 September, 2013 08:26
Rob - thank you for sharing the information.

I know that all RL fans in South Wales want the club to survive, thrive and succeed.

Tick Tock
Tick Tock (IP Logged)
04 September, 2013 11:48
Crug Mawr
I believe that when the RFL made the Championship a 14 team competition and they brought in the 3 new teams in to Championship 1, there was no extra money in the pot.
They paid the 14 in Championship what they had received the previous year, and paid the 9 in Championship 1 30,000 less than what they had the year before, to take up the short fall for the 3 new teams.
I think that's what happened, I'm sure Rob will correct me if I'm wrong.
Gareth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 12:02 by Tick Tock.

Tick Tock
Tick Tock (IP Logged)
04 September, 2013 11:53
I believe that when the RFL made the Championship a 14 team competition and they brought in the 3 new teams in to Championship1, there was no extra money in the pot.
They paid the 14 in Championship what they had received the previous year, and paid the 9 in Championship 1 30,000 less than what they had the year before.

Crug Mawr
Crug Mawr (IP Logged)
04 September, 2013 12:38
Quote:
Tick Tock
Crug Mawr
I believe that when the RFL made the Championship a 14 team competition and they brought in the 3 new teams in to Championship 1, there was no extra money in the pot.
They paid the 14 in Championship what they had received the previous year, and paid the 9 in Championship 1 30,000 less than what they had the year before, to take up the short fall for the 3 new teams.
Gareth

Thanks

alexp1991
alexp1991 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2013 00:23
This news has really rocked me, I hope there is still a club to support next year.

I think most importantly what can we, the fans, do in the immediate future to help?

upn
upn (IP Logged)
05 September, 2013 00:58
"What can we do?" - Send the club a cheque for 30,000??????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2013 11:01 by upn.

lewj
lewj (IP Logged)
05 September, 2013 15:00
It begs the question how any team in our league with crowds less than ours can field a team?

Gateshead, Skolars and the like.

Are we fully dependant on the RFL for survival?

mikebee
mikebee (IP Logged)
05 September, 2013 15:48
With the RFL about to re-organise the leagues at the end of next season, the bottom line needs to just be able to keep the club alive for the coming year. Our financial situation should then improve after that with another 6 teams due to come into our league. As I understand it the bottom 4 teams from the championship will drop down plus Coventry and Toulouse are also due to be added. The RFL will need a strong third tier as promotion will be on offer for superleague 2. Surely the RFL can't allow teams to disappear at this point in time. It will be heartbreaking if we can't continue.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
05 September, 2013 17:09
Not sure I follow how this will make our situation improve.

There will be more "mouths to feed" under the scenario laid out above and unless there is a massive increase in TV cash or Sponsorship (and bear in mind that even the top tier SL has been unable to find a sponsor this year) then financially it's a disaster.

The figures sketched out by Rob at the top of this thread, coupled with this seasons attendance's and some basic maths, makes me wonder whether it's ever going to be financially viable and then it just become a lifestyle business rather than a commercial proposition. Not a recipe for long term development!

mikebee
mikebee (IP Logged)
06 September, 2013 00:39
I was thinking that when this new system comes in the RFL would have to increase their support for the remaining clubs outside the top 2 divisions to make it work, Otherwise I don't see how promotion and relegation is going to work. However, on reflection this is probably just what should happen and not what will happen. I was also thinking that we would at the very least get the amount back that was withheld last season, unless they are planning to also reduce the funding of the relegated clubs which I suppose is possible. I also thought that with the extra matches against established teams more income would be generated, but if we are losing money even by hosting games then I am wrong again. It is very hard to get your head around just how little money there is available. it is all very depressing.

IanGolden
IanGolden (IP Logged)
07 September, 2013 08:10
Guys. IF Phil doesn't continue with the club, he has always told me that he will make sure it's in safe hands before he goes. This was just tentatively speaking and doesn't mean he will go, but he doesn't want to see the club fold.

martin price
martin price (IP Logged)
08 September, 2013 10:03
It is almost time for the big news promised by Pen-y-Bont
Crusader.

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
08 September, 2013 10:39
Quote:
martin price
It is almost time for the big news promised by Pen-y-Bont
Crusader.

Hi Martin.

The news will be released on 24th September.

Keep the faith.

PBC

upn
upn (IP Logged)
08 September, 2013 11:17
JJ

bowes
bowes (IP Logged)
08 September, 2013 12:12
I had heard a rumour to this effect a few months back that the RFL were concerned for Scorpions but had hoped it was untrue. Especially since it's the club I named.

One good development news I know of is Valley Cougars are stepping up to Conference League South (which will be a bigger league than this season although not geographically covering the whole of the south in practice). This raises the question of what happens to the South Wales league as Borderer Boars packed in after a couple of games and Bonymaen were looking shaky, guess the last resort would be Torfaen, Cardiff and Newport playing in West of England. Although no doubt the mythical Blackwood Bulldogs will make an appearance on the fixture lists once more.

lewj
lewj (IP Logged)
08 September, 2013 13:57
Reading between the lines here and probably getting it totally wrong but Penybont Crusader isn't a regular poster here.

At the outset Bridgend were looking to set up their own club and have their base at Brewery Field.

Would it be totally unknown to relocate to Bridgend under a new set of owners or with new people on board with existing board members?

I hope that something is afoot as no club would be a right blow this close to the World Cup. It should be a feel good time in Wales RL but at the moment, certainly in the South, it feels anything but.

robert.b
robert.b (IP Logged)
08 September, 2013 14:10
I understand everyone's concern's.
I have no doubt that we will have a team 2014 that I am sure of and further into the years
Things we can do for next season is try to get more at the game's without giving things away, I know winning teams generate crowds.
We all need to pull the belt's a bit tighter,
the 30.000 that we did not get (Tick tock correct) was what we had put in place, so we had to bite the bullet, next season we will work on a smaller budget that is all
Everyone who I have spoken with want's the club to continue as do we at the club and I strongly believe it WILL
KEEP THE FAITH WE WILL CONTINUE

Robert

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
09 September, 2013 15:25
I personally would love to see rugby league back in bridgend we had regular crowds of 600-1000 in the first season and its a much better ground than neath neath is a dump to be fair. I overheard someone in work talking about how they watched rugby league all weekend so me being nosey i asked them why dont they go and watch the scorpions in neath his reply was who are they? so i told him who they are and how long they have been going and he didnt have a clue there was any rugby league in wales anymore, So are we promoting the club in areas outside neath well enougjh?

Ian L
Ian L (IP Logged)
09 September, 2013 15:57
I understand where you're coming from Jarrad but it doesn't matter where we play; Neath people probably wouldn't have good things to say about Bridgend or vice versa. I get in my car and drive wherever I need to, I am not over bothered where the team play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2013 17:10 by Ian L.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
09 September, 2013 16:37
Tend to agree with Ian, if you really want to go it doesn't matter where and, personally, having put up with the Brewery Field for a few years with Crusaders I am not sure it's much better than Gnoll anyway.

mikebee
mikebee (IP Logged)
09 September, 2013 22:02
I strongly disagree that the Gnoll is a dump. It is a great little ground. Although Bridgend is easier for me to get to I would far rather we stayed at the Gnoll. But as Ian says as long as we have a club to support lets all get behind wherever we play.

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 06:55
Neath is a wee bit of a journey for many of us but if the product on the pitch was better the 90 mile round trip for me would seem like a trip to the local shops.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record performances and results must improve to enable the game to grow and flourish, winning so few games at home simply will not bring the crowds in. Success does - end of.

The three football clubs in the area are all playing in front of great crowds because they have all climbed the league and got results. Watch how many Glamorgan supporters go to Lords in two weeks time.....

The Gnoll, The Brewery Field, or Caerphilly (my favourite) - it doesn't matter too much if the Scorpions were getting results like the Crusaders did last season.

martin price
martin price (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 09:24
I strongly disagree that the Gnoll is a dump. It is a great little ground. Although Bridgend is easier for me to get to I would far rather we stayed at the Gnoll. But as Ian says as long as we have a club to support lets all get behind wherever we play.

If I am not mistaken this gentleman and a friend travel from BRISTOL to support the Scorpions.

Keep the faith Mike,

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 11:27
I dont think you understand the way i was coming across with it is that people dont know about the scorpions in different areas the club needs to promote the club in different areas not just neath. Its simple Neath rugby fans wont watch rugby league. We all love the club and need to help the club grow in the crowd and financially i just honestly think we are flogging a dead horse in neath,

daiclub
daiclub (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 12:29
I have got to agree with Jarrad. Neath is not the right place. Most of you supporters watch the game and go straight home. Our small band go into town after the game and I have lost count of the number of times we have got slagged off for being Scorps fans. We don't want that s**t down here I've been told. In one pub someone said Scorps fans don't stand by us yet they would watch the cricket and support England. Bizarre. Also on match days the bar is usually quite full but none of them come out to watch the Scorps. They would rather watch football on TV. That never happened in Bridgend. When the game was on both bars were empty and they were all outside watching.The only Neath person i know is Taxi.

lewj
lewj (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 12:55
Bridgend is more central too.

From what we have been told previously though the Gnoll is cheapest and in effect the only option.

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 15:31
Yeah agree with that. But surely if we can increase revenue by getting more fans why dont the club try it as an on the road game

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 16:27
Caerphilly?

We have played there three times, won two and the crowds were bigger than average.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2013 16:59 by 40:20.

Crug Mawr
Crug Mawr (IP Logged)
10 September, 2013 20:08
Lots of points raised already in this thread, and this is a rambling addition.

Of the grounds mentioned I like Caerphilly too - only went to the Keighley game there, but thought it a much better atmosphere and feel than the Gnoll.

I thought when a ground move was discussed on the Forum before it was clear the club will remain in Neath, but the disconnect between the town and as said before even the clubhouse! and those going to the game is very apparent.

In terms of marketing I think the club punches far above its weight, the Real Radio link was a great achievement for raising the profile, so am surprised anyone in South Wales wouldn't be aware of the club. While I live in Oxfordshire most weekends I am in Llanelli or Cardigan (or Neath) and everyone I engage knows who the Scorpions are.

There's a chance every thread comes back to the Wigan arrangement, so apologies, but I bought into the link and thought local talent would be supplemented by Wigan players who would be with the Scorps for the season. As is the link has lead to two seasons where we have used multiple players and this has led to the loss of key players and witnessed a number of poor results.

A stable squad any not bring results (and supporters) but what is clear is that a team with so many different players hasn't helped the club at all, despite Dave Clark's ability.

martin price
martin price (IP Logged)
11 September, 2013 09:50
Not Caerphilly please!.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
11 September, 2013 12:28
Martin - you cannot leave it at that. This is the busiest thread we have had for ages...... (Sm100)

What it does show is WE CARE!

But not CAREphilly it seems!!!

Humour was always my strong point.

Ian L
Ian L (IP Logged)
11 September, 2013 14:45
Going to get some cheesy comments on here if we keep mentioning Caerphilly Roger!

upn
upn (IP Logged)
11 September, 2013 15:47
Yes think Caerphilly before you let this thread continue

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
11 September, 2013 17:35
I'll bEDAMed if I will....

Ian L
Ian L (IP Logged)
11 September, 2013 19:16
Its humour like this that comes from age.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
11 September, 2013 20:09
Fair point, maybe drop the humour and talk about the Double Gloucester wins during the season.

Tick Tock
Tick Tock (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 14:48
Quote:
jarrad
I overheard someone in work talking about how they watched rugby league all weekend so me being nosey i asked them why dont they go and watch the scorpions in neath his reply was who are they? so i told him who they are and how long they have been going and he didnt have a clue there was any rugby league in wales anymore, So are we promoting the club in areas outside neath well enougjh?

The thing I find unusual about this sentence, is that there are people you work with, that not only didn't know there was Rugby League in Wales but didn't know that YOU follow Rugby League.
When I was working I made sure that everybody I worked with knew I supported Celtic Crusaders, by wearing something of theirs to work (like a badge or tie) and talking about where I had been that weekend,in fact probably got on a few of their nerves, but at least they knew that I followed Rugby League. We can all do our little bit. Not just you Jarrad.

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 17:29
Gareth. I work for a very big company with over 500 employees i only know my department so i can therefore only spread the word of rugby league with my department. But i still back my comment of rugby league will never work in neath 110% we will always have regulars but when you have locals who dont want us there its a problem as you can imagine.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 17:29
I made sure......everybody....knew

Now I am not taking issue with your specific comments Tick Tock, they basically mirror many other comments, but there is a very real danger in all of this that one might come across as a bit of a Jehovah's Witness type trying to push your (unwanted?) message too forcefully.

There is an old adage in marketing along the lines that "it is not enough to invent the world's greatest mousetrap, but the world has to need a new mousetrap and this seems to apply here. As much as the members of this MB might appreciate RL, the rest of South Wales see's no problem with their own sport, be it RU, soccer or whatever. Preaching is never going to grow the sport, only a continued presence and success, both of which have eluded all previous attempts to establish the sport in the Principality.

OK this is too serious, can we go back to cheese puns......

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 17:39
What this thread has proved in both volume and variety of posts is that we care and there is interest in the 13 man code in South Wales.

We need to harness the enthusiasm and use it as best we can, the game is never going to challenge rugby union and at the moment the football teams in the area are all on the crest of a wave.

Neath is not the ideal location but the ground is great although results could be better. We have been dealt the hand of cards we have got - let's make the best of it as fans.

The cheese puns were puuting me in a pickle if the truth be known. I am not good at rind games....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 19:04 by Rogero.

Ian L
Ian L (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 18:12
Its nice to see some mature comments on here, becaws its in everyones interest.

Ian L
Ian L (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 18:12
Its nice to see some mature comments on here, becaws its in everyones interest.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 18:18
Well I spent ages trying to get Red to work with Leicester but there there was no whey it would work in this code.

darren cooper
taxi (IP Logged)
12 September, 2013 19:37
if not playing home games in neath lets play at aberavon easy access to m4

spursrooster
spursrooster (IP Logged)
13 September, 2013 09:49
I have said this for 9years,and i still stick to my statement and say rugby league will never survive in south wales.Its my thoughts only,that i think the greatest game will be supported correctly in Sardis Road,there again i dont think it will last to many seasons there,because eveyone needs a quick winning fix and that will not happen in south wales.Sorry to be so negative,but lets be realistic,we are a super minority sport in Glamorgan.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
13 September, 2013 13:32
Makes you wonder whether everyone's choice of venue is driven by proximity to themselves, a sort of reverse NIMBY!!

Just to show there is no bias, can I vote for a move to Philadelphia?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2013 13:40 by upn.

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
13 September, 2013 15:12
i live in bridgend and i think newport , bridgend or pontypridd are the best places to have RL.

spursrooster
spursrooster (IP Logged)
13 September, 2013 15:59
UPN- Sardis Road by chance is 20mins proximity of all rl suporters in south wales.It dont matter to me where they play,i dont support the south wales scorpions but common sence will tell you pontypridd is the perfect locatin.I for one agree that pontypridd dont deserve nothing from any rl team in Wales,because in the past they have been very spitefull towards the greatest game at ponty.It is still the best chance of a regular crowd on a summer sunday afternoon,to watch proper rugby and have a few beers.

Rob Law
Rob Law (IP Logged)
15 September, 2013 13:59
Great to see all the comments but are we missing the point? Only the most ardent of fans will continue to follow a team that loses week in week out. There were lots of problems with the Crusaders but they won, crowds increased and they rose through the divisions by hook or by crook (sometimes literally) Sucess on the field is needed as well as a team which is commercially viable and marketed well.
We have 2 teams in the premiership with crowds over 20,000 - giving flyers out at the1r games (when the RL season starts) taking out an advert in their matchday programmes with a tear out discount voucher, promoting our fixtures are a few simple examples where we could raise the profile, using the local sports shops in South Wales, putting flyers in bars like Walkabout are other possibilities but we seem to be concentrating on Neath for marketing as well as the kids rugby and this is great if we have a team in 5 years time but is it really helping now whilst we need cash into the club and if we are honest most of the parents come in for free and they leave after the half time competition.
Inviting our work colleagues and building the days experience by making it a special event will work to a level but again it comes back to people wanting to return and there is more chance of doing that if we are winning and playing well. Changing our home venue may be the answer long term but do we want to be another Broncos, Harlequins or whatever they are calling themselves nowadays. We don't want a quick fix but maybe we need to focus on the here and now and when we are established develop a strategy for the future.
Rant over [:wor kid:]

upn
upn (IP Logged)
16 September, 2013 11:52
I bounce between the pessimistic and enthusiasm, sadly, this posting is in the former camp - must have been a bad weekend!!!

First off the football fans. They are, well, football fans and I cannot see vouchers advertising achieving anything. If they wanted to watch rugby they would have done so by now, RU or RL and it's hard to see how with their teams in the "promised land" they are going to look elsewhere. I seem to recall Crusaders discounting tickets on presentation of a used football ticket and can't think the crowds on those days were any bigger and I suspect it just got people, who would have gone anyway, into the ground for less cash. Score one for own goals when it comes to balancing the books.

Flyers, maybe, but how many times have you walked past one or had one put in your hand and thrown without reading?

Match day experience? Sadly this seems to be a "chicken and egg thing" in that the gates are woefully low so the stadium feels flat. I guess losing does not help that feeling either. If you could somehow "beam in" a couple of thousand fans it may feel more of a vibrant place to take people. Somewhere to be proud of.

Mentioned elsewhere in this thread or others was the development of local talent and the bright future foreseen. However, we seem to have been hearing this for four years; the first side announced was proudly hailed as (something like) 13 welsh qualified players from the match day 17, and yet we are no nearer a stable team now than then. I still have this feeling that RL is seen as what you do when you have not got a better RU offer in this part of the world though I hope I am wrong.

Bottom line this morning, I think we are doomed and maybe Phil and the guys would be best not throwing good after bad, but I hope for the sports sake I am wrong.

OK blue touch paper lit, retire a safe distance and watch the fireworks as I get shot down???

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
16 September, 2013 12:26
upn - the points you make are spot on.

CCFC and SCFC are being watched by capacity crowds because they are in the top flight, if they were not successful and in the basement they'd attract 3-4,000 as they always did in the fouth division, Fans want to watch winning sides playing top quality opposition.

The Wales RU team sells tickets much quicker and in greater numbers when they are winning.

Flyers, discount vouchers etc are not the long term answer - the long term answer is building a club and a team that people want to watch. What we have witnessed over the last four years is two steps forward, three steps back etc.

A settled squad of 25 players, winning more than losing (certainly at home) - a good cup run and I am sure the crowds will increase. What is for sure is that we have not had any consistency for the past 3 to 4 years. Losing the play off match at Rochdale seems a long time ago and we haven't on the pitch achieved too much since.

It is not negative to tell the truth, but we are all entitled to our own opinions.

The more ideas shared the better!

RLWC arrived this morning - nice booklet re the grounds included too!

Rob Law
Rob Law (IP Logged)
16 September, 2013 13:18
UPN and Rogero you both make very valid points and as I said it would be ideal to create a long term strategy but my feeling is we need to do something now.
If people do not know about us then we have to raise our profile and the football fans seemed like a good opportunity especially as we are not competing against the sport and gives them something to do once the season finishes, we have focussed in the local area but I have never seen a flyer in Swansea and that is preety local.
With regards to the football fans - Swansea average about 20,000 (Cardiff even more before anything is said)
Lets say 1% took up the offer = 200 people, if they paid 10 and ended up going to all 10 games (after the first one was discounted) then this would result in 19k of the 30k originally identified by Rob - deliberately left the sums simple :-)
Lets try and think of how we can improve the situation before throwing the towel in. This is the greatest sport around and lets never forget it.
Rogero - also agree with your point about having to be successful on the field but unless we do a Salford (and PS I'm originally a Salford fan for my sins and I will be basking in the glory before the bubble bursts) then we have to do it the hard way. 'Throw away' flyers and maybe not the right approach but we have to keep coming up with ways to have money coming in to the club so lets have a think about ways to generate income and ensure the club survives. Surely we have salesmen, marketing people within our crowd - they must have the experience in how to improve so lets hear your suggestions and take the financial burden off Phil and the directors, without them we wouldn't have a team so lets repay them.

alexp1991
alexp1991 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2013 22:13
For me, as a club, we have to use the World Cup correctly.

Say for the opening ceremony, 5,000 tickets are purchased from the South Wales area? Can the club access these peoples addresses from the RFL and send out a personal letter, email etc that seems as if the club is welcoming and appealing for their support? Awarness is the first step, something the club lacks I believe.

spursrooster
spursrooster (IP Logged)
16 September, 2013 23:47
12 is a very high price to pay to watch that standard of football at neath.It is very poor to say the very least,and nothing seems to be being done about situatoin at the club.Its very difficult to sell goods to people who dont want your product.I know how hard it seems at times,but if you all work together it might get close to somewhere near your realistic goal is.Good luck to you all at SWS

Ian L
Ian L (IP Logged)
17 September, 2013 14:34
AS far as I know Scorpions admission prices are the same price if not cheaper than the other sides in Championship 1.
The quality of games is as good as you can expect for semi pro players in my opinion. Surely we need a pathway from Conference to Scorpions level to Super League to International game.
Some observers on the totalrl forum suggested it would take 10 years to develop Welsh super league players. I disagreed with that and the proof is the likes of Ben Flower, Gil Dudson, Lloyd White, Rhodri Lloyd and Elliot Kear are proof its working.

upn
upn (IP Logged)
19 September, 2013 12:07
I may be wrong but were not all those names part of the much maligned Crusaders?

In four years have SWS brought on anyone who was not already on the radar screen from Bridgend?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net