rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Workington - Away
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 11:41
The Workington Twitter Account states that Any Under 16 Accompanied by a Paying Adult gains free entry to the game on Sunday.

Should be an exciting 80 minutes...

cast-Iron13
Re: Workington - Away
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 12:53
Well,the head coach Phil Carleton has enjoyed that winning feeling when playing against Workington.

It seems Hemel scored more points against them last week than against any opposition they had played during the earlier months of March,April and thus far in May.

Their skipper wants them to be better in defence.

If we manage to silence the home crowd,cause a loss of confidence in their players in front of an expectant/hopeful home crowd,this could be the start...

[www.newsandstar.co.uk]

Looking forward to this game...

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 15:21
There should be an interested spectator in attendance on Sunday.

A nice big performance for the big man

[www.newsandstar.co.uk]

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 07:34
A true legend of the game indeed!

Fingers crossed it inspires the Ironmen too.

Good luck lads

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 16:56
This got off to a good start for me when I was impressed with the warm-up by Tarek Hussain which was quite innovative and seemed to be enjoyed by,and involved,some happy players with no sign of anyone shirking.
Impressed by the idea of 2 in the corners for the high kicks and the number of trainers supervising the various areas for the workouts.

Got off to a dreadful start conceding the early try.Then the one down the blind side from the scrum but it didn't prevent some real good expansive attacking rugby and some determined team work.

The edge defence wasn't the best and they do require some guile and invention in the Workington 20.They could play till midnight tomorrow and still not have scored.

They won my admiration,though.

Not happy that the starting 13 was different from that shown on the website - and the interchange,changed,and there is nowhere showing the squad numbers.

Workington were forced into at least 3 GLDO's,so it does indicate that the Ironmen were not under the cosh all day.

Great spirit,team ethic and discipline throughout the full 80 minutes.Keep it going it's gotta turn!

Shame about the lack of support for them but it is a bit of a schlep from south Wales.

Shame I'll miss their first win this coming weekend but I'll be at Keighley and then in Merthyr for the Toronto challenge.

I was impressed by Mr Dave Clark,now the Worky coach,entering the field of plat at the end and embracing a number of SWI players.Probably those he has coached in the past.Nice to see.

Thanks to the coaching staff and the players.First impressions - very interesting!

Good luck to all for the next game.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 17:11
Shows how tired I am.

Forgot to mention how impressed I was by the variation in the restarts.

The Morgan Jefferies headgear 'thing' wasn't right at the end;was earlier then that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net