rugbyunion
Latest News:
THIS IS A FULLY INDEPENDENT SOUTH WALES IRONMEN FORUM

The message board and the website are not connected to the club and the views expressed are those of the individual fans. Please respect each other. Thank you.

The club's official website is ironmenrl.wales

alexp1991
Club on verge of collapsing
alexp1991 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2017 21:28
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to a small but loyal bunch:

A lot of rumours on TotalRL forums that the club are in serious financial trouble (again).

Future looking bleak, again.

Soon to be a Quin
Re: Club on verge of collapsing
Soon to be a Quin (IP Logged)
23 May, 2017 21:46
Just to say good luck to you all. I hope that you manage to pull through and have a club left to watch.

I've been watching RL in South Wales since my days as a Prescot Panthers fan watching at Lesser Arms Park. I watched London Broncos / Quin's play home games at various Welsh grounds and in the a past few years have visited Maesteg, Mountain Ash, Caerphilly and Merthyr Tydilfil with Oxford. I would miss these weekend trips though obviously not half as much as you would miss your club. We had a lovely weekend again last weekend, heading off to west Wales post match and only getting home about 9.30 on Sunday evening.

If the worst does happen hopefully I'll see some of you at other matches, be it Championship One or the Welsh Conference.

Best wishes and, if this is the end, thanks for many good memories.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
24 May, 2017 15:14
While I don't subscribe to the theory that clubs should respond to every rumour which surfaces on forums and social media it does sometimes help allay any fears if a brief announcement is made denting such matters.

I may not deserve such consideration,but the loyal supporters certainly deserve to be kept in the loop.

Still,these things do sometimes bring out the siege mentality which can be beneficial.

I hope all is well,or becomes well,for those who have worked so hard for the club hitherto.

MESSAGES->author
jd1664. (IP Logged)
24 May, 2017 15:21
Someone on TotalRL has offered the club promoting the Toronto game as "evidence" of optimism but 30 quid for a ticket and a shirt looks awfully like a car-boot sale to me; sell what you can before you close up shop.

I hope I am wrong.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 16:10
Quote:
jd1664.
Someone on TotalRL has offered the club promoting the Toronto game as "evidence" of optimism but 30 quid for a ticket and a shirt looks awfully like a car-boot sale to me; sell what you can before you close up shop.
I hope I am wrong.

Because of the publicity generated by Toronto and an opportunity to raise the profile of the club,and get the crowd showing support for the home club,from the outside,it seems a very good idea.
With the other code and the round ball followers in their off-season it may just be enough to jump start the locals into attending.( The club have only played at Merthyr for a couple of months without a victory to shout about - with the backdrop of relative success for the other code and the soccer side )

Other clubs have speculated with the hope of accumulating - London

I think the offer needs some publicity and I hope this is done.

I also think the website not having an up to date league table,or the squad numbers for the players gives out the wrong impression but I'll whinge should I decide to uproot and move to south Wales.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

South Wales RL Poll

Which has been your favourite "home" venue for the Scorpions?

See results > Submit >>