rugbyunion
Latest News:
THIS IS A FULLY INDEPENDENT SOUTH WALES IRONMEN FORUM

The message board and the website are not connected to the club and the views expressed are those of the individual fans. Please respect each other. Thank you.

The club's official website is ironmenrl.wales

cast-Iron13
Toronto - This Saturday
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 11:44
Looking forward to the Under 17's game as a curtain raiser.

I must state that I had no complaints whatsoever about the officiating at Keighley.

The referee for the main game v Toronto is Geffory Poumes.

I have never seen him in action but he was the reserve referee for the recent Ladbrokes Challenge Cup game at Headingley - Leeds v Doncaster

I wish him well.My experience of watching a Paul Rowley coached side suggests he will be well and truly tested.

I'm hoping the home crowd make it an 18th man on behalf of The Ironmen.

cast-Iron13
Re: Toronto - This Saturday
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 15:42
Toronto may not be at full-strength

Story

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 16:17
I must rush out and put a fiver on us beating them!

If we can do as well as Coventry I'll be pleased....

MESSAGES->author
jd1664. (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 18:56
Don't rush you've probably got more chance with a fiver on Corbyn.

I predict a "ton up" - hey can we bet on that instead?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 06:52
Betting on League One is never too easy at the best of times, most bookmakers don't seem to offer odds on our division regularly.

We, I seem to remember, have conceded 80 plus points a couple of times in our history - hopefully that won't be repeated.

Who does Corbyn plau for? LOL

MESSAGES->author
jd1664. (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 11:25
He's outside left isn't he?

An old time number 11

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 13:45
The resolute head coach Phil Carleton is interviewed on the League 1 show

He comes on at 59 minutes

Radio Interview

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 17:35
Thanks - Phil speaks well and positively - worth a listen.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2017 19:31
One or two omissions from the opposition,apparently.

Press Report From Afar

Was it Siddal who pushed them in the televised LCC game - when it was a bit wet?

This may be an 'I Was There' moment,as Max Boyce once said/sang.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 20:07
Well,I was there,and I should be dry by tomorrow!

Always going to be difficult,more so by the 'new' spine to the side,but the first 15 minutes should inculcate ( I do like that word) sufficient confidence to target wins against those 2 sides near us in the table,Coventry and Hemel,now we are in the business end of the season.

The Under 17's continue to impress.

Seems to be tough and unfortunate times off the field.I just hope the players can continue to dig deep.

I very much appreciate it.

MESSAGES->author
jd1664. (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 17:44
I took one look at the weather and decided to give it a miss, sadly my IP mask was not up to the task of trying to persuade the Canadian online site to let me view online.

I suppose that 66 was not the worst score against Toronto this year. Did the weather keep the score down? What was the general performance like?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 07:34
It was annoying that Premier Sports moved it from a live game to a later time in favour of what looked like Gaelic Football - this scuppered my viewing plans as I wasn't able to make the journey up to The Wern. Hopefully those who attended and their seemed to be plenty of offers on admission enjoyed a tast of RL.

Apparently Toronto's kicking wasn't up to much which kept the score down? However as the Canadian outfit had recently put 70 points on Barrow nobody was expecting much. The game against Coventry is a MUST win game if we are to move off the bottom of the table.

A home win has been years in the waiting - please let us knock this monkey off our backs. Perhaps my season ticket is the reason?

GLA (good luck all)

Roger

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 07:48
yeah Rogero you are right on that count. 13 tries and seven missed conversations which helped keep the score down.

couldn't agree more about the coventry game.

the bears only just got passed hemel last time out but they'll be keen to get an away win so it might set the tome for the second half of the season once the split happens

Di

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

South Wales RL Poll

Which has been your favourite "home" venue for the Scorpions?

See results > Submit >>