rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Phil Carleton...
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 10:40
...Has some positive words in this mornings Rugby League Express.

As I was unable to purchase a copy of the paper,in Cardiff,last week,I shall post some of it on here.

It appears on page 2,under the heading - Carleton Hoping For Stable Future - and is written by Lorraine Marsden who also writes for RLW.

'' We're a lot happier with the situation but we're not out of the woods yet.

There are still a lot of things we need to do to get organised and back on track for the rest of this season,because we have lost a lot of personnel recently.

But getting the takeover finalised has been a major stepping stone and hopefully we can fill in some of the gaps now.

THE NEW OWNERS HAVE BEEN GREAT SO FAR AND THEY HAVE PUT US IN NA BETTER SITUATION THAN WE HAVE BEEN IN BEFORE.

They own the ground we'll be playing at as well as all the bars and facilities there.Rugby League has the power there.The Raiders actually rent the stadium back to football and rugby union so we will take priority.

We're not paying out for use of facilities,so we can re-invest that money or spend it elsewhere for the good of the club.It eases financial pressures and we won't have to worry about paying rent before we can find players.

It's a great ground as well,so it will be good to play there.

Merthyr has been great over the past few months but it makes business sense to move over there straight away and allows us to settle in to where we'll be next year.''

I'm pleased with that as it seems Phil Carleton retains his position.

It seems his 13 players played for the full 80 minutes yesterday and won the deserved plaudits.

It also seems the side who defeated the Ironmen,yesterday,will be one of the opponents at Stebonheath Park,shortly.

Good stuff. I hope there is a great attendance to boost the confidence of everyone leading up to the 2018 campaign.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net