rugbyunion
Latest News:

Rogero
Ironmenrl.wales gone
Rogero (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 14:22
The plug has been pulled on the ironmen site it appears.

So the only remaining official link with the history of the South Wales Scorpions/ Ironmen is this fans site.

Rogero

cast-Iron13
Re: Ironmenrl.wales gone
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 11:23
Strangely enough,the RLE have South Wales Ironmen as the first 3 words going into a story on their League One Round-Up page.

Into the story they have the wording,'The Steboneath Park club will now be known as West Wales Raiders...

It seems Jon Ellis,currently head of performance and coach of Wales Under 18's is joining Phil Carleton in a coaching role.

Jon Ellis can be seen on that well known video-sharing site being interviewed during the commonwealth competition in 2014.

Spot the first team player - In The Second Video - Receiving Their Medals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/09/2017 11:24 by cast-Iron13.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 17:36
Thanks Cast Iron.

I will keep this site going for as long as people feel it serves a purpose.

It was once a hive of activity!!

Rogero

daiclub
daiclub (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 16:57
Will you be changing the name Rog , Will you and the motorbike be heading down west. I hope it all takes off this time for them , i dont know how they can recruit more experienced players though to mix with the new lads down there. Looked promising after the All Golds game then downhill sadly to the end of the season . Wishing them all the best anyway for the new season when it starts. Dai

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 17:01
I'm thinking about the future Dai.

I'll let you all know.

Whatever happens - we must hope for better times ahead.

Rogero

daiclub
daiclub (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 16:04
Seeing the flag i had done there Rog made me think , does anyone know what happened to it .

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 16:11
I think Ian G might have it - but I am not sure.

Happy memories indeed. That picture was taken of it at Blackwood (in one of our on the road matches!)

I am keeping the site going as a general RL one for South and West Wales although there is precious little interest in the site or the game it seems!!!

I watched three fabulous games of RL on tv involving Castleford, Leeds and Catalan. Which showed how good the sport is.

Rogero

daiclub
daiclub (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 15:38
Yes Rog all good games. Cas v Saints , the saints kicker only got one conversion from 5 trys otherwise they would of won it. Gale never missed a kick for Cas , even after having his operation , great performance from him.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 15:43
I once saw Sean Long,when at St Helens,playing at Huddersfield.

Despite the criticism of his off-field activities,at the time,prior to the match kicking off,he was on the field and took the ball from one touchline to the other,kicking from the tee from about 30 metres out,and kicked over the bar and between the posts;kicking from the same spot if he failed,until he got it.

I like that type of professionalism

It seems there may be a dip in future news - perhaps until after the world cup,as the structure for League 1 is yet to be decided.

Latest

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 11:07
Carrying on with the kicking topic...

Hopefully the last time I shall read South Wales Ironmen in the Rugby League Express

but this weeks edition lists the records for all 3 divisions for 2017.

In League 1,with the number of goals,we can see the name Ben Jones who kicked 12 this year.

A big well done to Ben - Let's hope he does even better in 2018.

I'm looking forward to seeing who has re-signed for next year and any new additions.

Some League 1 clubs are really spending big,it would seem.

Exciting challenge ahead...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net